main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Warped (J/J) Update July 3* Vong warp the fabric of the universe bringing the dead to life.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kissa, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Kissa: I never really thought about that. I just noticed that Ben was a brat. And I didn't feel sorry about Alema getting sliced and diced either.

I never said I felt sorry for Alema, I said it was auto-assumed she was EVVILLLL because she was a dark nest joiner, when ultimately she did the exact same thing as the rest of the joiner Jedi (i.e. what the hive thought was best). The only difference is that what she did, was an attack on Luke's family.

Corellian Cutie: Ben was a brat. I hated DN. Luke's "i'm the big man jedi, bow to my power" got on my nerves...he was really biased to his family....he wants everyone to put the order first but he can't himself?? tsk tsk...
    Ben was 8 or so in DN, he's entitled to being a brat. Luke being a brat is not a good thing though. It also disturbs me that he is sending the Order down the path of the Old Jedi Order (you can only be attached to the Order, family is bad, blah, blah, blah). He should know better. Especially, since as you pointed out, he can't do it himself...

2. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Ahhh, this is totally awesome... Keep the good work up.

Any chance that we get to see Jango Fett?

3. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    oww....do we get to see two threepios and two R2s?? that would be awesome/confusing.

the piggy of punishment [face_pig]

4. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    ^ that would be confusing. really confusing. and i mean that. probably will happen though.

5. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    hint hint Kissa!!!

the piggy of punishment [face_pig]

[face_liarliar] hey...i never notived this smily....cool...(don't worry Lolly, i won't get obsessed with it. i will always love my piggy [face_pig] )

6. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Imperial-hippy

Just so you know . . . Mace is so going to call Anakin a wee nipper sometime during the course of this fic. ::nods head for emphasis::

Kidan

I completely agree with you about Luke?s bias being bad for the order. But then again, he was just one more character that I didn?t like how he was portrayed in the Dark Nest Trilogy. Hell, I think the only characters I really enjoyed reading about were Jag and Leia (until she shot Jag down).

Everyone else . . . (wait, Han was good . . .) was somewhat of a disappointment.

::thinks up a couple other people who made good impressions:: Er.. actually let?s just say that there were more I was disappointed with, but it wasn?t everyone.

VIII

Any chance that we get to see Jango Fett?

Currently I?m playing around with the idea of doing ?viggies? of characters that don?t fit into my storyline but I want to have in the setting all the same.

Characters that are being considered for their own one-shot spin-off story are:

Jango Fett (at the top of the list)
    General Grievous (Jedi and machine, what could be worse?)
    Thrawn (hesitant on this one . . .)

But then again, any of them might make it into the fic anyway . . . so . . .:oops:

skywalkerlover00 and Corellian_Cutie

Yes, that would get confusing. So, at the moment I don?t have plans for repeats of any characters.

I reserve the right to change my mind later. :D [face_peace]

7. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    If you have not done so already, please PM the following information to the Jaina/Jag Index in the following format (absolutely no mark-up codes please), so we can add it to our database. Thanks!

Author: (link to profile)
    Title: (link to story)
    Co-Authors: (If applicable) And their user profiles
    Timeframe: (post NJO, post-Ruin, etc.)
    Characters:
    Genre: (romance, action, etc.)
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: (WIP, Complete, Vignette, etc., Awards it's won)

8. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    this story is good so far

9. Imperial-Hippy

Imperial-Hippy Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    lol, thanks Kissa that should be funny.

Though Mace has a American acent, and 'wee nipper' is a Scotish/Jordy sayin. oh well cant wait.

hope u dont make us wait long 4 the next post.

10. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Note: To those on the PM list, if you read this before you get your PM, I apologize. My computer is acting strange . . .

Chapter four, ignorance

Ossus, Jedi Temple

Luke Skywalker stood on a slightly raised dais staring at his students. ?The Vong are expanding. Somehow they?re recovering fleets that we?ve already destroyed.?

Kyp Durron stepped forward, a challenge in his green eyes. ?That?s not all. I was in the Yavin system and could swear I saw the Death Star.?

Luke pursed his lips. That was one of the more worrisome of the stories he had been receiving since earlier that day when he had felt reality strain. ?Were you able to find anything else out??

Kyp shook his head, sending shaggy dark hair flying. ?No. I think it jumped into hyperspace.?

Corran Horn spoke up. ?Did you get a lock on its trajectory??

?I followed the ion trail to Toprawa. From there it could have gone anywhere.?

?If it went to Toprawa, it?s probably traveling along the Corellian Run,? Corran commented. He shifted uncomfortably, not really wanting to talk about this. There had been disturbing reports from Tatoonie that his son had been captured by the Vong, but as of yet, nothing had been confirmed.

Mara brought the topic around to Tatoonie for him. She hadn?t been attending to the meeting of Jedi masters, but now that she entered the room, she had everyone?s attention. ?I just talked to Jacen.?

Jacen had been on Tatoonie with Tahiri and Valin. Corran swallowed hard, waiting for the news and praying that it would be good.

Mara gave him an apologetic look and then directed her attention to Luke. ?He says the others were captured. He was left abandoned in the desert . . .? her voice trailed off.

?And?? Kenneth Hammer prompted.

?And he ended up in Jabba?s palace. He claims that the spice-lord was there alive. They tried to take him prisoner, but he escaped to Mos Espa. From all reports, things aren?t going much better there. It?s absolute chaos.?

Luke raised his hand, running it through his sandy blond hair in frustration. ?That fits with what Chief of State Cal Omas told me earlier. Nearly every planet in the Alliance is reporting some sort of difficulties. Droid armies. Stormtroopers.?

?Clone troopers,? Hammer said.

?So what are we going to do?? Tionne asked, speaking up for the first time. The silver haired Jedi master smoothed the front of her robes down, stepping forward. ?If we do not find some way to restore order, the galaxy may be lost forever.?

?Or are we not going to act?? Kyp demanded harshly. ?If you called me here to consul me to inaction, I?ll have none of it.? He looked around the room, staring at each Jedi Master in turn. ?It is the duty of a Jedi to restore order to the galaxy. If we have to kill to do that . . .? he let his words trail off and shrugged. ?You all know how I feel.?

Luke started to speak, but then fell silent. A scream worked its way through the Force. A powerful tear in the fabric of the universe. It was as Obi-wan had said years and years ago ?. . . as if millions of voice suddenly cried out in pain and terror only to be silence suddenly.? He staggered, visibly shaken. Except it wasn?t like that. Not at all. It was more like, ?Millions of voices had cried out in terror . . . and abruptly weren?t afraid anymore. In fact, Luke had never felt such widespread confusion before.

?What was that?? Tionne asked softly.

Luke shook his head numbly. ?I don?t know.? He ran his hands over his face. ?I really don?t know.?

Hyperspace, Deathdealer

?He pisses me off.?

Obi-wan grunted a non-committal response, far too preoccupied with his attempted meditation to pay much attention to his ranting Jedi companion.

?And he?s arrogant.?

This Obi-wan couldn?t ignore. He quirked an eyebrow. ?Really? And you?re what? A well-grounded Jedi who believes that he is equal to his peers??

Anakin?s scowl deepened. ?That?s not what I mean.?

Obi-wan shrugged. ?I have heard you called arrogant

11. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Great Update, keep it up...

12. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003

13. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Kidan

Why would Jacen have been left in the desert? Before Traitor, he was on Lah's capture list, and afterwards he was on Choka's death list. Being dropped off and left behind doesn't make sense...

He wasn't just dropped off and left behind. He was on a mission with Tahiri. (Valin was a stoleaway.)

ROFL. Good thing this is Ani, rather than Vader. Jag would have been Force chocked by this point

Yeah, Jag really lucked out.:D

Deep in his meditation, he barely heard the door open. At the back of his mind, he decided that it was Anakin and not to be worried about. Then the feeling struck. It was a wave of pure terror the likes of which he had never sensed before . . . which was replaced moments later by mass confusion.
    I still think I know what it is....

Oh, you think you do, do you? Well, I'm hear to tell you that it is not Cardia. . .

She needs to tell Jaina that nickname, not Ben.

Hopefully she gets around to it.

---------------------------

Now that I've responded . . .[:D] Thankie for your critique / comments. I'm always appreciative of all responses, but I esp. like the ones that point out possible probs. (like Jacen).

[:D] Thanks again,
    Kissa

14. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    He wasn't just dropped off and left behind. He was on a mission with Tahiri. (Valin was a stoleaway.)
    I realized he was on a mission, my confusion is due to the fact that he was abandoned. The Vong would not abandon him. They want him dead. Unless he was already out there, and Tahiri did not give his location out there up to the Vong. Ok I understand now.... :D

Oh, you think you do, do you? Well, I'm hear to tell you that it is not Cardia. . .
    I guess it's a good thing that Caridia is not what I thought it was huh? :D

Thankie for your critique / comments. I'm always appreciative of all responses, but I esp. like the ones that point out possible probs. (like Jacen).
    'tis not a problem. After all, its a good story with a great concept.

15. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I am so looking forward to the meeting of the Old and New Jedi Council... If Kyp thinks that his council has a hard time doing things, just wait until he comes face to face with Yoda and Mace

Jag and Anakin's interactions are hilarious... there is no love lost between the two of them.

More please? :D I'll try to be patient!

jcs

16. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    Gr8 post, i hope u sort Anakin out he is really getting on my neves!

Mind u, he annoyed me in ROTS as well, so i guess u r doin a good job portrayin him, :D

It will be funny to see luke lecture him, about his emotions. [face_laugh]

Kyp reminds me alot of reven, with the whole frustration at the jedi for not acting. [face_thinking] i never thought about that b4.

Oh there's a thought, r u gona bring in some people who r from pre movie time? Like some acent sith lord, or prehaps even reven him self, i love that character. hint hint [face_praying] [face_laugh]

17. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Imperial-hippy

Gr8 post, i hope u sort Anakin out he is really getting on my neves!

Mind u, he annoyed me in ROTS as well, so i guess u r doin a good job portrayin him,

[face_dancing] Yay! Thanks. Portraying boardline characters is difficult. (for me) Glad it's working.

It will be funny to see luke lecture him, about his emotions.

lol, you think?

Kyp reminds me alot of reven, with the whole frustration at the jedi for not acting. i never thought about that b4.

I never thought about that before either. Thanks for drawing the comparison.

Oh there's a thought, r u gona bring in some people who r from pre movie time? Like some acent sith lord, or prehaps even reven him self, i love that character. hint hint

As the Vong creature continues to generate the 'warp-zone' the gaps will become greater, and people from KOTR may make appearences.

Jaina_clan_solo

I am so looking forward to the meeting of the Old and New Jedi Council... If Kyp thinks that his council has a hard time doing things, just wait until he comes face to face with Yoda and Mace

::chokes:: Poor Kyp. :rolleyes:

Jag and Anakin's interactions are hilarious... there is no love lost between the two of them.

Did you see my signiture? Imagine how much Anakin's going to appreciate an 'anger' lecture from Jag.:D

More please? I'll try to be patient!

Yes, there will be more.

Kidan

I realized he was on a mission, my confusion is due to the fact that he was abandoned. The Vong would not abandon him. They want him dead. Unless he was already out there, and Tahiri did not give his location out there up to the Vong. Ok I understand now....

Yeah, he was already out there. I won't say more because he'll explain it when he shows up in the fic.

I guess it's a good thing that Caridia is not what I thought it was huh?

[face_thinking] Hm. You seem to be on top of things.

After all, its a good story with a great concept.

Glad you like the concept.

18. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    kissa, anakin has blue eyes....

Jaggie...lol...great post! can't wait for more.

can't wait to bash jag's fiance =]

19. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    ::whacks self in head::

I knew he had blue eyes. Really, I did. ::Races off to fix mistake::

20. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    anything i can do to help. =]

21. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Some advil would be nice. I whacked my head pretty hard.[face_beatup]

22. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    ^^LOL

well (looks sly)...another most might help your head. =]

23. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Corellian_Cutie

I'm almost tempted to put up the next bit. Unfortunetly, there are two sections I need to check (dates and circumstances of another character being brought back), so I'm going to resist.

24. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    no put it up now plz [face_praying]

hmm maybe i should check my chapters b4 i post them on my fic, lol i normally just write em n post them. oh well its just 4 my own amuzment anyway.

Besides im shore CC will corcet you afterwords. [face_laugh]

25. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    please put it up now. And yes, Anakin Skywalker has blue eyes. You said he had brown ones.

Awesome update though. loved how anakin said Jag pisses him off. My two face SW cahracters need to duke it out. that would be awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.