main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Warped (J/J) Update July 3* Vong warp the fabric of the universe bringing the dead to life.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kissa, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    ^^yeah..i can see it now. i can't wait to see how anakin takes the "aggogant boy" almost being his grandson-in-law. (or wait, they haven't gotten together...AU...ok...nvm... i forgot.)

2. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    Love it! Anakin's really annoying...not sure if I like that or not...

BTW, to check dates and stuff, wikipedia.org has a HUGE load of SW info.

3. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    wow I love such a change from the ordinary. Great story, more updates please.

4. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    ::Thanks for all the comments:: I'm still having computer trouble, so the PM list may take some time. Sorry for any inconvience.

Chapter five

Naboo, streets

Jaina blinked, staring at city streets of Theed. When she had entered the palace, they had been beautiful and tranquil. Now there was oily black smoke rising from multiple fires: burning bushes, buildings, and vehicles. Here and there were piles of spindly droid pieces or motionless white suited figures with char marks on their suits.

And the sound of blaster carbines firing was everywhere.

A hollow feeling expanded from the pit of her stomach. She could sense people ? real, honest to goodness humans ? fighting and dying, but nowhere near could she feel the void-like presence of the Vong.

With the galaxy at war with outside invaders, the time for petty locale squabbles should not be available. This needed to be stopped.

She turned slowly to Qui-gon, who had followed her out of the palace. Pushing away her fears and anxieties for her parents, she took a deep breath and looked at him evenly. ?We need to stop this fighting.?

?We will do what we can,? Qui-gon responded instantly. To him, it was clear that the escaped Sith would have to be second priority at the moment. After all, with the city in ruins, soldiers fighting and killing each other, there were more essential things to do. Clearly someone had to take charge here. The fighting was disordered and chaotic, and to his eyes, it seemed that some members of the same group were fighting each other.

How they had gotten to Naboo in the first place was still open for debate. As was, for that matter, the current location of his padawan. He hardly felt that Obi-wan had taken a lunch break. And he was equally certain that his padawan had been right behind him ? just a few electron walls behind.

Jaina bit the inside of her lip, aware that it wasn?t exactly the ?Jedi-like? thing to do. ?We have to try and end this situation peacefully.?

Qui-gon nodded his head. ?A wise idea, young one.? He inclined his head towards an approaching clone trooper group. ?I will talk to their leader.?

At a brisk pace, the Jedi master crossed the palace square. ?What seems to be the problem?? he asked, voice commanding but gentle.

A clone trooper with yellow markings around his eyes stepped forward. ?Sir, we?re evacuating the city per your comrade?s orders. The citizens will be protected.?

Qui-gon nodded slowly, trying to digest the news.

?We should get out of the street,? the clone continued.

?Who are you?? Jaina asked, following them into a nearby building that the clones currently occupied.

?Commander Cody, ma?am.?

?Are you with the locale militia?? Qui-gon asked.

?No sir, I am with the Grand Army of the Republic,? he said, just a hint of pride entering his voice.

Jaina could sense Qui-gon?s confusion; however this time he didn?t let it show. ?I was unaware that the Republic had an army,? he said simply.

Commander Cody gave Qui-gon a suspicious look. ?The army was formed three years ago.?

?I can tell that you truly believe this,? Qui-gon said simply, ?So I will not refute it; however, you will have to forgive my skepticism.?

?Understood sir,? Commander Cody said. Privately he was thinking that the old Jedi was probably well on his way to being senile. And his padawan ? or maybe she was a Jedi too ? looked every bit as confused.

?Now, how are you going about ending this conflict? Who,? Qui-gon asked pointedly, ?Exactly are you fighting??

?From what we?ve been able to determine, they claim to be members of the Imperial Infantry,? Commander Cody said.

?And what do they want??

?They claim that they are occupying this planet because of hints of a Rebel presence exist. They are,? Cody added dryly, ?Claiming that we are rebels against the order of the galaxy.?

Qui-gon was still only mildly perplexed by the situation. After all, he had lived and died in a time of peace. But Jaina, he could see was very confused. Her mout

5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    hmmmmmm [face_thinking]

I think Jaina may be starting to get it and Qui-Gon is still completely confused. Which would make sense.

And there's two Lukes & Hans running around? Does this mean the younger Luke will meet his sister and mother at the same time? Woah so many possibilities.

I don't know how you're keeping all of this together and making sense, but you're doing a super job on it.

And I'm glad you've stuck with the Saga and Beyond it and didn't bring like Exar Kun and other Sith from way back in the past.

6. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Another great post Kissa.

I especially like the interactions between Qui-gon and Jaina.

7. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Kidan Thank-you.[:D]

SWpants666

I think Jaina may be starting to get it and Qui-Gon is still completely confused. Which would make sense.

I figure Qui-gon would be one of the most confused people since he died before anything really happened.

And there's two Lukes & Hans running around? Does this mean the younger Luke will meet his sister and mother at the same time? Woah so many possibilities.

Er... not quite. That was just the point in history where Chewie was brought back at. Han and Luke are alive and are therefore inelidible to be brought back.

I don't know how you're keeping all of this together and making sense, but you're doing a super job on it.

:oops: It's not easy. I have to check my facts consistently.

And I'm glad you've stuck with the Saga and Beyond it and didn't bring like Exar Kun and other Sith from way back in the past.

That's because the fact checking would get really, really strenousous.

8. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Yay! Chewie! Is he going to go and rescue Padmé and Leia (and Han of course!) that would be a good thing....

I'm surprised that Jaina didn't burst out saying that Obi-Wan died years before she was born... I bet she will get to that at some point.

And Imps working with the Alliance? If anyone can pull that off it will be Qui-Gon... good luck to him

I can't wait for more!

=D= for your amazing story, and keeping everything straight!

jcs

9. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Ohhhh, ok. I think I get it now.

That sounds like a lot of work. But like I said, you're doing really great.

Yeah, that makes sense. Plus, it'd probably get so confusing with a whole bunch of Sith Lords running around.

and thanks for the PM, even if it was late. I'm really enjoying this, and I don't think I could stop reading. I really want to know what happens! :)

10. Imperial-Hippy

Imperial-Hippy Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Thanks for the pm. Gr8 post as always.

Loved Qui-gon's bit with Jaina. I think she could use a master like him.

Yey Chewie is back.

R u gona bring anakin solo back 2? He was my favoret NJO character. Stupid SBS :mad:

11. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    wow. a lot going on. wow. great job. i can't wait to see where you take this!

12. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Corellian_Cutie

wow. a lot going on. wow. great job. i can't wait to see where you take this!

Yeah, this chapter is pretty busy.

Imperial-hippy

Thanks for the pm. Gr8 post as always.

:D Thanks.

Loved Qui-gon's bit with Jaina. I think she could use a master like him.

This was my initial reason for starting this fic. I was wondering who would be the best Master for Jaina, and Qui-gon was my choice.

Yey Chewie is back.

[:D] Chewie is good. [face_laugh] But I pity him because he's got to deal with a waaay different setting.

R u gona bring anakin solo back 2? He was my favoret NJO character. Stupid SBS

I'm playing around with some ideas for him. Since I haven't decided how I'm bringing him back yet, I'll poll for my lovely readers opinion.

So here't the question. What point in life should Anakin be brought back at?

1. Right before he died?
    2. While he's a baby?
    3. Some other point? (specify)
    4. Don't really care.

13. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    1!. Defently right before he died. he was so cool then.

Plus we need abit of A/T in this. if he was a young boy then ... well i would just feal sorry for Tahiri.

14. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    I like the thought of right before Anakin died as well...

15. Jedi_Fel

Jedi_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2005
    uhm... small tid bit of help... unless the imps created it in this story.. it's Alpha Red, not Omega Red

16. Solo--Wan

Solo--Wan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2005
    My god, I keep wanting to shout out that "The fabric of time was ripped!" (to help the characters out) at my computer.

Great job, love the whole Jaina Qui-gon thing, and the idea of getting the imps and clones together...in other words, gr8 job!

As for Anakin Solo, I haven't really read much EU (although I'm begining to read more), so I guess #4.

17. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    put him in right before he died! he was awsome then. and tahiri needs him.

18. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Right before he died. Like when he & Tahiri first kissed or something. That was probably one of the greatest parts of the NJO [face_love]

19. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I think that Anakin should be brought back right before he died too!

I just finished rereading this story, and I am still completely amazed by it. All of the interactions seem to be spot on.

I really hope that Mara is able to resist Palpatine's commands... [face_worried] otherwise things are going to get even messier ever faster

jcs

20. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Jaina_clan_solo

I think that Anakin should be brought back right before he died too!

Okay. I agree.

I just finished rereading this story, and I am still completely amazed by it. All of the interactions seem to be spot on.

Thank-you. [:D]

I really hope that Mara is able to resist Palpatine's commands... otherwise things are going to get even messier ever faster

Things can get messier? Er? don?t worry, I don?t think Luke will just let Mara run off with their son . . . I think . . .

SWpants666

Right before he died. Like when he & Tahiri first kissed or something. That was probably one of the greatest parts of the NJO

I?ll have to reread that part. (Mostly I remember the J/J parts). Which book did it happen in?

Corellian_Cutie

put him in right before he died! he was awsome then. and tahiri needs him.

That seems to be the general consensus, so expect to see him come back as a teenage / adult.

Solo?wan

My god, I keep wanting to shout out that "The fabric of time was ripped!" (to help the characters out) at my computer.

Lol. They need all the help that they can get.

Great job, love the whole Jaina Qui-gon thing, and the idea of getting the imps and clones together...in other words, gr8 job!

If Qui-gon successfully pulls it off (I?m not telling) he?ll steal Obi-wan?s title of ?The Great negotiator?. :D

As for Anakin Solo, I haven't really read much EU (although I'm begining to read more), so I guess #4.

You?ll see him come right after he died.

Jedi_Fel

uhm... small tid bit of help... unless the imps created it in this story.. it's Alpha Red, not Omega Red

Thank-you. [:D] I looked it up, but it must have gotten scrambled on route from my brain to the keyboard. I?ll change it to Alpha Red.

Kidan

I like the thought of right before Anakin died as well...

Good. That?s what has been decided.

Imperial-hippy

1!. Defently right before he died. he was so cool then.

Plus we need abit of A/T in this. if he was a young boy then ... well i would just feal sorry for Tahiri.

Okay. We don?t want to make Tahiri feel bad. And you want A/T? Hm.. I?ll see what I can do.

21. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    ^^most of the A/t action with during the edge of victory duology.

22. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    ^ yea edge of victory, Rebirth was were they kissed, but there was devlopment in conquest too.

23. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    ^^anakin's cute little "ur my best friend, i love you"....sigh...

24. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    ^ [face_laugh] yea, thing is he didnt relize that it wasnt coz she was his best friend that he loved her.

There wasnt enough A/T in SBS though, Me and Troy are not talking. [face_not_talking] [face_laugh]

25. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    tahiri was annoying in SbS..."neg that! neg that!"....(shakes head)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.