main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Warrior Queen, Gentle Lady - NEW DISCUSSION TOPIC Is Padmé a Mary Sue?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by leia_naberrie, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    Sadly I couldn't get mine done in time, but I will be more active now that things are finally settling down slightly. So I hope to be a part of the next challenge. I do love writing, though I sadly have been silent lately. That will have to change.

I can see Padme going dark in a way...but more because she is so impressionable at a young age that, if started at the right time, she would become 'dark'.

2. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Hey Lady Eirtae, there'll be no new challenges in September since the newsletter's coming out soon. You can still give Dark Padmé a short if the bunny bites you. :)

And that goes to everyone else, too. :D

3. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    Perhaps! It is sad. I have so many ideas to play with, but there are not enough hours in the day!!

4. WQGL_NewsEditor

WQGL_NewsEditor Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006
    At last the The maiden edition of the Warrior Queen Gentle Lady Newsletter is up!

The theme of this edition is "The Many Faces of Padme", and it features interviews, reviews, fun and games and more!

Check it out!

Big thanks to the editorial board: bobilll, Daenarrah, leia_naberrie, Pandora26 and RX_Sith!

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    You guys did a fantastic job on your newsletter. Wow. Padmé would be proud. =D=

6. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    This is a wonderful thread! =D= I can't believe it took me this long to check it out. :oops: And I'm enjoying the newsletter too. Thank you for these Padmécentric oases in TFN!

7. WQGL

WQGL Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2005
    Two things:

One to give this an UP, and the second to show off WQGL's new icon as Our Heroine edges closer and closer to becoming queen in the Round-Robin. :)

8. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Ooh great idea. :D

I've been thinking of the challenge/discussion topic for October, and how it would be nice to do something with a Halloween theme. We've already discussed Darth Padme twice... but what about blue-ghostie Padme, or even Padme in the after-life? Thoughts?

Also for the Challenge, I was thinking of the prompts Alethia suggested a few months ago.

9. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Winter Challenge - To Have Or Not To Have? What is *your* answer?

Hello fellow Amidalans! :D

I?m taking a survey of sorts from most of the regular posters/challenge-writers at the Padmé discussion thread.

November is likely to be a busy month for many posters ? there?s NaNo, the SciFi competition, to say nothing of holidays.

So I?d like to know if enough people are interested in a Writing Challenge next month. I?m not asking for a firm commitment from anyone, just enough ?I probably will?s to organize a fun game.

And yes, it will be a game. It?s still in the pipelines but the planners have hinted to me that it would involve ?socks?, ?a hat? and maybe some TV crossovers. :p (And before anyone asks: that?s all the information we?re sharing for now).

So? any takers?

[face_peace]

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Can we do one based on "Mary Riley"? [face_batting]

er... I mean... I'd be interested - if inspiration strikes ;) I need a new Padmé story *rubs hands together*

Edit: *dances around* Just finished my "New Path to Follow" story today, so I'm all geared up for a new challenge! Looking forward to seeing what comes out next :D

11. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I'm interested as well. Bring it on! ;)

12. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    This is great! More people please. :D

And congrats on completing your story, Jade-Max! :D

13. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Maybe. I am a little intrigue by what you've said about this "game" so far, but I'm going to need more info. to commit. [face_thinking]

14. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    More info... OK.

My idea of the game is something between the russian roulette type challenges and Herman's "Guess the writer" challenge and the Dare challenge.

First, a number of challenges suggested by writers who've signed up.

Then the challenges are thrown into the hat and juggled around.

Then a writer picks a number from that hat and writes the challenge associated with the number.

... but on one condition, it must be written by an unknown sock of that writer.

Then the fun is guessing who wrote which story and whose idea it was in the first place.

So... is the synopsis a turn-on or a turn-off? :p

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Sounds like fun - count me in ;)

I can never resist a good roulette idea lol!

16. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    I was thinking of making the challenges TV-based but I think we'll save it for another time... As you can see, there's no particular theme - I can't think of any good discussion topics - so does anyone have any ideas? For the theme *and* the discussion?

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Sounds like a very fun game, though I'm horrible at guessing who wrote what. :p

18. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Well there certainly seems to be some interest! *rubs hands together with glee* Okay people, you asked for it!

Sock!Dare!Roulette! Tri-Challenge Winter Tournament

FIRST TASK

PM leia_naberrie details about the plot bunny that you're going to dare some one else to write.

A few general rules: The dare must be a Padmé story :oops: and sufficiently challenging. [face_devil] And you must keep your dare a secret!

Deadline: You have until October 31st to PM me your challenge entry.

Details of the Second Task will be announced on the 1st of November.

19. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Just popping in to let you know about my new story that covers ROTS from Padmé's p.o.v.; it's a sequel to my 2005 Padmé story "Seeds of the Future." Hope you like:

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/25363781/p1/?4

--MissPadme

*goes back to admiring Obi-Wan and Anakin banner*

20. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Sock!Dare!Roulette! Tri-Challenge Winter Tournament

END OF TASK ONE

Bunnies harvested are:

A, The Phantom Menace era: the Queen's ship doesn't land on Tatooine, it lands on Endor!

---------

B, Padmé first suspects and then confirms that she's carrying Anakin's child.

It must include the words:

- ebullient
    - hypnagogic
    - infant
    - recalcitrant
    - tutelary

And the sentence - "What will Anakin think?"

---------

C, The reasons for Padme's switchover to Senator after finishing her role as Naboo Queen are a tad unclear. She couldn't refuse Jamillia? Let's say there's a good reason why Padme could not refuse to become a Senator.

You get to dream that reason up.

Brainstorming: can be written in the "present tense"--as in, as the decision is being made--or it can be a reflective story, where Padmé remembers why she is working in the Senate at all. There are some helpful hints to help you dream something up.

Must also include an appearance by a handmaiden of your choice.

---------

D, Write Padme as a Superhero in that respective city, i.e. if you choose Catwoman, then place her in Gotham City. You can have other SW characters along with her, but she is the only one who can be a Superhero.

[blockquote][color=darkred][b]THE SECOND TASK[/b][/color]

The second task is in 2 parts:

[b][u]Part 1. The Judging[/u][/b]

Now that you have the plot bunnies, [b]you will now judge[/b] them based on: punctuality, difficulty, imaginativeness and potential entertainment!

On a scale of 0-2, [b]rank each challenge[/b] according to: how difficult you feel the challenge will be to write. i.e. 0 for the least complex and 2 for the most complex. Do the same for imaginativeness and potential entertainment. Keep your scores. I will explain when you will send them to me in the next part...

Note: You may not judge your own plot bunny. [face_doh!] Also, you do not rank punctuality... I do. :)

[u][b]Part Two: The Writing[/b][/u]

1. Pick a number from 1 to 4 and PM it to me. In this PM, you will also give me the scores you calculated above.
    2. I will then PM you back the challenge bunny that corresponds with that number. (If the challenge happens to be yours, you will be given the next one in line.)
    3. Get a sock.
    4. Write your challenge and post the entry [b]under your sock name [/b] on the WQGL Saga thread [b]under you sock-name[/b] here: http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/17178473/?0

[b]Deadline[/b]: You have until November 20th to post your entry. You may send me your PM at any time up until the 20th of November. [/blockquote]

Details of the [b]Third Task[/b] will be announced on the 21st of November.

21. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Boy, they all look difficult!:eek:

22. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Could you please clarify how we are suppose to judge the "punctuality" of the plot-bunnies.:confused:

Thank you. :)

23. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    You don't. I do. ;)

24. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    An UP in honor of the honorable Padmé banner. =D=

Oh, and I've gotta take care of this second task. [face_blush]

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *runs ins* I've got mine.. woot! Now I just have to find time to write it lol!

Oh, and I started my sequel to "A New Path to Follow" if anyone's interested. Padmé centric again ;)

It's called: Doctor?s Silence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.