main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Warrior Queen, Gentle Lady: The Life and Times of Padmé Amidala (RR) Updated 2/10!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WQGL, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Wow. These chapters keep getting better and better. The last one with the strange Jedi child (and what was that about a missing mother?) was just plain freaky. In a very good way. :D

2. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Ooh, quite intriguing. And cryptic as well. Padmé having latent Force powers... Very interesting concept. I enjoyed reading the entire fic. Padmé's background is so interesting... Lovely job.

3. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Lol, glad my wierdness isn't too... out of wack.

And yeah, should probably make some things clear... I might have messed up my Force thing, but I was trying to suggest that Eirtaé might have some latent powers, not Padmé. Padmé's just being introduced into a broader and broader world, of very different people. And the boy I thought would just be a random character that any of us could play around with in the future.

But yeah, thanks for the nice comments! Also cannot wait until next chapter is up!

4. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    You did wonderful with it!

And there is just so much to play with as this rr contines to grow!!! :D

5. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    Finally this is up! Thank you again K_A for being such a great beta!

"After the Attack"

It was days before Eirtaé was well enough to receive visitors, according to the doctors. They wanted to be sure she was almost completely better, able to move a bit on her own, before allowing others to see her.

When Padmé got there that day, she was asked to sign in. This was necessary due to the circumstances of the attack.

?Padmé,? one of the nurses repeated her name and smiled. ?You were the one that found her, weren?t you??

?Yes,? Padmé nodded. Others had asked her, and while she would thank them, she did not feel like a hero, which she was often called after admitting she got to Eirtaé. She still felt somewhat guilty, feeling if she had been there, that Eirtaé would not have been in that room, then she would not have been hurt.

?You are a hero,? the nurse told her.

?Thank you,? Padmé answered, managing a small smile. She was grateful once the nurse waved her through. She just wanted to see her friend.

Padmé paused outside of the room. The door was opened and she could hear voices from inside. She knocked on the doorframe before peeking into the room. She did not want to intrude, but she wanted to see Eirtaé.

Inside the room, which was lit by iridescent lights, very different from the gentle light of the sun, there were three people. Eirtaé was lying on the bed. She looked a bit pale still, but her blue eyes were shining. The cuts, scraps and bruises were healing as well, though the burns still looked as if they might be painful. She smiled when she saw Padmé there and motioned for her to enter.

The two adults in the room turned to see the newcomer. She knew immediately that they could only be Eirtaé?s parents. While her mother?s hair was darker, she and Eirate had the same colored eyes and had similar facial features. Her father?s hair was as light as Eirate?s and the shape of their eyes was similar.

?Father, Mother,? Eirtaé spoke to them. Her breathing was still labored from the smoke she inhaled and her voice sounded a bit different. Yet, it was clear she was recovering. ?This is Padmé.?

?We can?t thank you enough for what you did,? Eirtaé?s father spoke. Padmé noticed that his accent, they were from a small mountain village, was even more pronounced than his daughter?s.

?Who knows what would have happened if you had not come at that time,? Eirtae?s mother nodded. She was pretty, though she looked older than she was due to all the worrying she had done.

Padmé managed not blush at all this praise. ?Thank you.? She did not know what else to say. What could one say in such a situation? That was something she had learned in class.

?Come, let?s give the girls some time to talk,? Eirtaé?s father spoke up, getting up from his chair. Eirtae?s mother seemed less willing, but got to her feet as well.

?We won?t be far.?

?I will be fine,? Eirtaé assured them. ?Go on.?

Taking his wife by the arm, Eirtaé?s father nodded and the two exited the room, leaving the two girls alone in the room.

?How are you feeling?? Padmé inquired, walking over to the bed.

?I am alright,? Eirtaé answered. ?I don?t cough as much now. I could get to leave tomorrow too.?

?Are you going to go home?? Padmé asked. She had gotten annoyed with her before, but now she realized it would be odd not to share a room with someone else.

?My parents want me to. I want to stay though.?

?Do you think they will let you stay?? Padmé questioned.

?I will talk to them about it. My mother seems to think I am made of glass and could break,? the blonde girl smiled slightly, and then it faded as she sighed. There was a pause, the only sounds coming from the hallway. ?Padmé, what happened?? she asked. ?I don?t remember much and they won?t tell me. What about the boy?

Padmé felt a chill run down her spine, remembering the dream. ?He didn?t make it. They say he was a terrorist.?

?He said he was looking for his mother

6. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Palo, eh? Oh cuteness! Loved the follow-up, L_E! "Their conversations had been pleasant." Hmmm... ;)

7. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    The entrance of The Boy With Dreamy Eyes. At last. [face_love]

I'm not sure if I said this before, but I really like the idea of Eirtae as a Force-sensitive and the possibility that the Naboo at least, were not very enthusiastic about giving up their children to the Jedi.

8. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    bobilll Thanks! And I will let you think what you want about their conversations hehe.

leia_naberrie Yes! I felt it was time for the boy with dreamy eyes to show up. :)

And I am glad you like the idea too. The Naboo don't seem like they would want to give their kids up, and it is kind of fun to play with the idea of an untrained Force sensitive.

Also, who is next?! I can't wait to see the next part!

9. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm next, but I'm on vacation in the UK for the next week or so, so it might be a couple more weeks before I get my update in, sorry.

10. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    ok, thanks for the heads up!

11. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    Ohhh vacation in the UK! Have fun! It is wonderful there! I know how travel is, so we will anxiously await your return.

12. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    I just want to say hi! It has been quiet here!

13. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    I pm'ed KA, and he said he hopes there'll be a post this weekend! So keep your fingers crossed!

14. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    At last, an update!! :D Again, I'm really, really, sorry for the delay. [face_blush]

[b]Common Connections[/b]

?I?ve made my decision,? Padmé said.

?Fantastic!? her school mentor said.

?And I?ve gone ahead and gotten everything about it out of the way,? Padmé continued with a confident nod.

Her mentor smiled, reaching across the table to squeeze the young girl?s hands. ?So you?ve filled out the application for the governor?s position already? That?s very progressive of you to get it done as soon as possible. I didn?t apply for governor of Koreena until the day before they stopped accepting applications.?

?No, uh, I haven?t filled out an application, yet.? Padmé admitted.

Sacreena Lors, former Princess of Koreena, Naboo?s tenth largest city, furrowed her brow. ?Then what [i]did[/i] you decide to do??

?I?ve decided to end my relationship with Palo.? Padmé exhaled, relieved to finally tell someone else. Sacreena was fifteen years older than her, but outside of her grandmother, she was the best mentor in politics she ever had.

?Well, that was unexpected,? Sacreena said after an uncomfortable pause. ?We?re suppose to discuss personal relationships outside your Mentorship hours, Padmé, not during them.?

?This isn?t a Mentorship meeting,? Padmé explained.

?Oh, of course not. I naturally thought we were going to discuss the weather,? Sacreena said, gesturing toward the window. It had been snowing steadily in Theed for over a day, a rare occurrence and the most popular topic of discussion in town. ?It?s amazing how silent a snowfall can be, isn?t it??

?Yes, it---.?

Sacreena slammed her palms down on the table, causing Padmé to jump. ?You?re changing the subject, again!?

?No, you changed the subject,? Padmé said by way of defending herself. ?I wanted to discuss Palo.?

?You misled me to believe you wanted to discuss politics,? Sacreena countered.

Padmé threw up her hands. ?From a certain point of view, yes, I guess I did. I?m sorry.?

?Apology accepted.? Sacreena folded her arms and sat back in her chair. ?Now, why did you break-up with Mr. Dreamy Eyes.?

Padmé, still on the edge of her seat, sighed, regretting the day she told Sacreena about Palo?s big, brown, beautiful, dreamy eyes. ?We?re just growing apart as people.?

?Yeah, that?s a big problem when you get into a intimate relationship at your age,? Sacreena said.

The sarcasm wasn?t appreciated. ?It?s just that? well? I really don?t [i]know[/i] anything about ?intimate relationships? as you call it.? Padmé brushed a brown lock of hair out of her eyes as she said back and mirrored her mentor?s posture. ?All I know comes from a couple of stolen kisses from Palo and watching my sister get her heart broken over and over again.?

Sacreena winced. ?Sola lost another??

Padmé nodded. ?I don?t think she?s much help, though. Once she loses interest in a guy, well, she just doesn?t try anymore. She refuses to end the relationship, the guy has to end it for her.?

?So you decided to do something different. [i]You[/i], ended the relationship, he didn?t.?

?Right.?

?Why??

?This is what I know,? Padmé said, drumming her finger on her copy of the Naboo Constitution Charter. ?This is what I can wrap my mind around, where I feel at home. I can?t comprehend, [i]fully comprehend[/i], what Palo knows about art. I?m a politician, he?s an artist. It just doesn?t work.?

?Right now.?

?What??

Sacreena leaned across the table. ?Your professional relationship gets in the way of your personal relationship because you?re so young, because your mind has been focused on one area for so long, yet has seen so little.?

?I?m not sure I follow??

?Once you experience the world, [i]other[/i] worlds, you?ll start seeing and appreciating more and more as things relate not just to you, but to other people.?

Padmé frowned, unsure of what Sacreena was trying to tell her, but eager to figure it out. ?How so??

?Common connections.? Sacreena started. ?You may have to work with a senator from some far off world and it se

15. musingmiyu

musingmiyu Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2006
    Ooooh, interesting... I really loved the meeting between Sola and Darred, as well as the ending... Palpatine is just creepy, yet he's a genius at the same time.

16. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Running along smoothly! I like the way Palpy is getting involved in this. Also, Darred's appearance is quite interesting! What will Sola do with this, I wonder? Hmm...

17. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Thanks for giving us an idea of what the over-young Naboo politicians do when they retire ? they become mentors to the next generation of aspiring over-young Naboo politicians! :p

I really like the little hints of Sola the flirt/heartbreaker, because those were the vibes she gave out in the movie/novels. (Padmé was the smart one, Sola was the pretty one. :p) That kiss was an unexpected but delightful surprise. She sure doesn?t waste any time at all! :eek: Ironic that Padmé?s own romance ends as Sola finds her true love. I have to complain though that I hoped to have seen more of the relationship with Palo. As it is now, we only see the beginning and the end. :(

I have a feeling that Padmé did not win that Governorship election, an idea that I like very much. It?s good to show that her political career was not smooth sailing from Academy to Monarchy.

Another delightful contribution to the epic! =D=

18. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Seemed like a logical idea to me. :)

Thank you, l_n. I should probably clarify that it was established in the opening chapter of this story that the Princess of Theed is the title given to young girls who earn the Governorship:
    ?But I believe you have yet to make the honor of Theed?s latest governor, Princess Yarma,? Bibble said by way of introducing the young-woman next to him.
    This latest contribution of mine is suppose to take place some six months or so before Padmé earns the Princess of Theed title.

And don't worry about Palo. She may have just dumped him, but who says they don't try to get back together? And flashbacks are a handy tool, too. ;)

Thanks and welcome to our thread! To replace the lack of Padmé/Palo romance, I thought it would be a good idea to bring the Sola/Darred relationship back and see what happens. ;)

Well, she might marry him, but who knows? :p

19. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    So... what do you guys say to asking for more writers? Or do you think our rythem is pretty good the way it is?

20. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Let's get through this Era (up until Padmé is elected Queen), before evaluating the situation for the next Era. We're should to get more participants then. :)

21. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    Great update! I enjoyed it! I feel bad for what Padme is going through.

And I do apologize for my absence. When it rains, it pours! But since I just did the beta, I can also work on mine!

22. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Well it is good news to hear you've got the beta done and are ready to work on your next update, L_E. :)

23. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    Ready to work? I am already working on it! I am so excited too! I like exploring how Padme got to be where she is. And I love the different ideas everyone has!

24. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Good to hear your enthusiasm is still strong, L_E. Can't wait to see what you come up with, although I rather see what bobilll did first. ;)

25. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Wah, sorry for the delay folks! As L_E can attest, we're both experiencing DRL.. I know, what a sucky coincedence, that she starts grad school and I start undergrad just when our post is due? But yes, excuses aside... Postie time!

Choices

~*~*~*~

?Your Highness!?

Padmé Naberrie yawned, looking out the window. Two boys her age were playing soccer in the nearby yard. She tilted her head, watching the sun bounce off their golden hair.

?Your Highness!? A hand slammed on her desk and Padmé jumped.

?Oh,? she murmured. She would never get used to that title. ?I?m very sorry, Advisor Bibble. What is it??

Advisor Sio Bibble frowned. He never did approve of having such young Governors of Theed. He knew that many Naboo politicians wanted the influence of the young and budding to bring innocence and innovation into the government. Yet, whether that outweighed incompetence, Bibble did not know. ?These files, Your Highness. I need you to go through them tonight.?

Padmé sighed, her gaze wandering to the window.

?They?re very important!? Bibble exclaimed, drawing Padmé?s attention. ?There will be a meeting tomorrow morning discussing the water infestation problem. Please be ready.?

Padmé nodded, not looking at the old man. What a bore, she thought, and immediately regretted it. She had made many promises to the people in order to procure such a position. Only through hard work and diligence could she keep from becoming a politician that didn?t keep her promises, something she had vowed many times never to become. She smiled sweetly at the Advisor and assured him that all would go well. He, clearly unconvinced, left without a sound.

You brought this on yourself, she scolded, tearing her eyes from distractions and focusing on her work. Years of political training. Camps, classes, mentors of all kinds. Do you realize how much stress you put your parents through? She shook her head. She had gone this far. Backing out now was impossible.

With newfound deliberation, she forced herself to read the fifty pages on the water sewer infrastructure. At the end, she signed her name in red ink.

Her Royal Highness
    Princess Amidala of Naboo

~*~*~*~

?Why Amidala?? Darred asked.

Padmé wanted to roll her eyes. It was the third time that week Sola had invited him to lunch. ?Winama chose it,? she replied politely. ?She says it symbolizes wisdom and strength.?

Darred squinted, sizing her up. ?I don?t know. I still think I could take you in a mud wrestle.?

Sola laughed, and Padmé scowled. ?You know, Sola,? she said bitterly, ?you could just marry him and move to his place, so he doesn?t have to come here all the time to eat.?

?Hey, shrimp,? Sola shot back, ?this is my house, too. Why don?t you just move to the palace??

Padmé opened her mouth to counter, but Jobal stopped her with a deliberate hand gesture. ?No one is going anywhere,? she said sharply. ?I?m not ready to part with my babies yet!?

?Wait,? Sola replied. ?Does that mean if Darred and I get married, we can live here??

Jobal plucked an eyebrow. ?Are you suggesting something??

Sola hesitated. ?And if I were??

The whole table went silent. Darred took Sola?s hand. Padmé, Jobal, and Ruwee traded looks.

It was Ruwee who finally cleared his throat and spoke. ?When?s the Ceremony??

Sola screamed in joy, her arms flying out and nearly whacking Padmé in the face. ?Watch it,? the younger girl mumbled.

The loving couple didn?t seem to pick up on her mood. Darred jumped from his seat and picked Padmé up in a big bear hug, ignoring her protests. ?I?m gonna be your big brother now! Whad?ya say to that, huh??

It was the perfect set-up for an insult. Padmé opened her mouth, then closed it. She smiled slowly. ?Welcome to the family,? she said at last, and the whole table cheered.

~*~*~*~

?The reports find evidence of carbon waste in the Northwest tunnels, as well as goose droppings in the Northeast. But, more disturbing are the studies found in sector A, in the f

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.