main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Warrior Queen, Gentle Lady: The Life and Times of Padmé Amidala (RR) Updated 2/10!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WQGL, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Good update, bobill. =D= Yes, it is the hard choices in life that Padme repeatedly has to deal with as Queen of her people. She so strongly delves into being their protector that she definitely neglects her needs until a certain boy with blue eyes shows up. She is in a way all alone in her work for her people until she gets off of the planet to state her grievance against The Trade Federation.

As for another writer to join your clan, I would consider it if I knew more about her character before the movies. Perhaps when you actually do get to the events in the movies, that would be the best time. Let me know. :D

RX_Sith

2. WQGL

WQGL Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2005
    UP for Subject line update.

3. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    Yeah for the update! There shall soon be another! :D DRL can be rough, but we can beat it back!

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Finally got a chance to actuallly read this, and I have to say it was well done. :) I like Padmé's feelings of regret that she took the political path instead being a normal kid, but still able to focus and make decisions smartly even after her mind wanders off track.

Twelve year old "adults". Boy, those Naboo kids grow up fast.

5. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    Thank you KA for being such a wonderful beta and having so many kind words. And thanks everyone for being patient. :)
    ~*~*~*~
    Heart to Heart

?But you are my sister!?

Padmé sighed. ?But think of how it would look for me to do that. I am Princess of Theed.?

?But you are my sister!? Sola repeated. ?You already agreed.?

?But it would not due to have the Princess in a wedding,? Padmé remarked, clearly not budging. ?I shouldn?t have said yes so quickly.?

?Padmé, this is my wedding. I want you as a part of it. I am not asking you to do much. But I want you to be a part of it.?

?I just have a lot of responsibilities.?

?And you can?t take a day off for your own sister?s wedding?? Sola looked quite upset by this.

?Why do you want to marry Darred anyway?? Padmé asked.

?Is that what this is all about?? Sola asked, sitting down on the sofa in Padmé?s quarters. Padmé was seated at her desk, where she did a lot of her work. However, she was finally taking a break and talking to her sister. The visit was not going as either of the Naberrie girls had hoped.

?No,? Padmé insisted as she rose to her feet in a graceful movement that was second nature to her now. For a moment, Sola wondered when her sister had changed. It was almost like being with a stranger.

?Then what is it?? Sola asked.

?I have other duties to attend to.?

Sola frowned. ?I am not going force you to do it. I though you would like to because you are still my sister and I wanted you to be a part of this day because it is going to be very special. For one day, can?t you forgo your duties??

Padmé didn?t agree, but she didn?t disagree. She wanted to go to her sister?s wedding and to be a part of it. However, she knew she had to put her duties first. That is what she had told Palo, even though it had hurt to do so.

?Padmé?? Sola asked, hopeful.

?I guess. But just for the ceremony. I don?t think I could stay for a whole reception??

Padmé had more to say but she didn?t get a chance to say anything before Sola pulled her into a hug that was so tight, she couldn?t breathe in enough air to speak.?

?There is the sister I knew I had. Now, when can we go look at dresses?? She seemed to be asking herself this, but Padmé knew she had to speak up.

?I can?t for awhile.?

?How long is awhile??

Padmé started to go through her schedule, which was updated daily it seemed since new meetings seemed to appear in times when she thought she might have a moment to breath.

?I think we?ll have to schedule some time. It could be a few weeks,? Padmé told her.

The smile on Sola?s face faded. ?Don?t you ever want more out of life??

?What do you mean??

?You are twelve! You should be giggling with friends about boys in your class. Or thinking about going to a school dance.?

?Why? I am not like you, Sola." Padmé shook her head. "That isn?t what I want.?

?Is this really what you want?? Sola asked. ?You are twelve, yet you act like someone four times that age. Is this what you want to do your entire life? Working hard for Naboo so that others can enjoy life while you are trapped here??

?I want to help people. I don?t want to spend my time thinking about foolish things like silly crushes or dances where no one even knows how to properly dance.?

?What about Palo? I am sure he knows how to dance, and I bet he would go with you if you went to one of those dances.?

?Actually, he wouldn?t,? Padmé replied, turning back to the reports on her desk. She glanced out the window and managed to hold back a sigh of longing. It was a beautiful day, as were many days on Naboo. This one just happened to be even more so. The sky was a radiant blue and the sun cast a cheerful, warm glow over everything she could see.

?Why is that? He seemed smitten with you.?

?I told him our paths were different. Besides, I don?t have time to fall in love. I love the people of Theed. That has to be enough.?

Padmé expected another outburst from Sola, so when she received none, she glanced over at her older sister and found a look o

6. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I am so behind!

Ok, just read Choices. I really liked it! I loved the Padme/Sola/Darred banter and the casual way the engagement was announced. I loved the way Padme was constantly torn between being with her people and ruling her people - from watching the boys play soccer and being distracted by Sio Bibble, to the last scene with Palo.

Her people were dying of toxic waste. No time to doze off now.

That just made me lol! :D I really liked that particular scene. She really kicked political butt :p ?As for the A sector, their biggest problem right now is not radioactive waste but unemployment. If we can draft some volunteer workers to help neutralization efforts?? .

7. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks for the kind words, L_E. [face_blush]

I said it before, but I'll repeat another well done for this post. =D=

She could listen to their problems and help them with solutions. She could be the voice of those that had no voice.

Those sentences were excellent additions to that paragraph, too. ;)

8. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wah, so behind! Sorry! Anyways, loved the post! So sad, so sad. It must suck to be so unable to step away from the office. I <3 Sola, though... stepping in, so big sister-ly! I can see her as the endless voice of reason in Padme's ear.

And thanks, l_n!

9. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    Thanks KA and Bobilll. I really do appreciate it!

I can't wait for the next part!

10. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    OK, I've finally caught up!

Heart to Heart was really a treat. I love chapters with Sola/Padme interacting one on one, and everything between them flowed very naturally. There's all the sibling strife, laced around genuine affection and care. Padme's realization that Sola pitied her, though sad, was also amusing. I'm sure Padme believes that she's the Naberrie sister to be envied. :D

Great update. Please keep them coming. :)

11. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    Thank you leia_naberrie. I like Sola/Padme interaction as well!

I look forward to seeing what happens next.

12. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Just caught up on this one :)
    I love Padme stories... don't see nearly enough of them!!

Hoping to see more soon :D

13. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    Wow... this is all so well put together! I've loved every word of it, and I was entranced by the entire Darred/Sola relationshiip... agh! I love it!

14. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    Where are all our writers? *calls* Hello?

15. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Sorry, I'm next, I'm working on it, just getting distracted by a bunch of other things. Sorry. [face_blush]

16. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    No worries, real life does that! I was just curious because it has been so quiet here and I bet things will get more hectic since the holidays are coming up. Though you never know.

17. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    The next update has been sent to the beta! Yay! I'll post it as soon as I get it back from her. :D

18. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *dances around* I loved all these entries... so cool, so much fun!

19. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Glad you like, Jade. :)

Here's a new one for the end of the year!

[u][b]The Banquet[/b][/u]

The Governor?s Conference was an annual event where the governors of Naboo would gather and discuss diplomatic strategy, social issues, and current events affecting not just the people of Naboo, but the rest of the galaxy. The conference was held in a different capital-city every year; Theed was hosting the conference this year. Every year King Veruna was invited to be the guest of honor at the conference?s Opening Day Banquet.

Sitting at the point of the peninsula where the Solleu River forks into two tributaries, was the green-domed Turrance Center, one of Theed?s largest public buildings and also the home of this year?s Governor?s Banquet. Per protocol, Princess Amidala was the last governor to arrive, and, per protocol, it was with very little fan-fair.

[i]I wish I was taller[/i], Padmé thought as she carefully navigated the majestic stairway in her high-heel shoes which threatened to snag the hem of her gown with every step. By the time she reached the bottom, anyone on the far side of the hall would have thought she had drowned in the sea of dignitaries that had gathered for the occasion.

?Your table is across the Hall, just below the Grand Dais,? Eirtaé whispered into her ear. Padmé?s old roommate was now one of her most valued assistants. ?The king should be arriving soon.?

Amidala looked up at the arched-table, an elaborately decorated chair for the king at its apex. [i]The dais is empty,[/i] she observed. [i]Where is the king?s court and his advisors?[/i]

After her trek across the Hall, lengthened by the occasional greeting and brief conversation with the other guests, Amidala finally arrived at her table where she was greeted by Governor Thee Velt, one of her allies in the quest to improve the relationship with Naboo and the environment they inhabited. ?It is an honor to sit at your table, Mi?lady,? Velt said with a smile and a bow.

?The honor is mine,? she replied, taking the seat he held out for her. Padmé could barely control her blush. Velt was nearly twenty years her senior, but the blonde-haired gentleman was one of the handsomest men she ever met; having someone so beautiful fawn over her made her feel more than just a little bit special.

?We?ve been eagerly anticipating this conference for months. An opportunity to see and speak with the king is an opportunity we can?t let slip by.?

Amidala blinked the fantasy forming in her mind and turned her eyes to Governor Velt?s wife. ?I certainly hope you have your chance to speak with him, Lady Velt. His Highness can be very elusive.? The Prince already had his Princess, and a child like Padmé didn?t stand a chance.

Time passed and the guests waited for the king to arrive.

Time passed and the guests continued to wait for the king to arrive.

The delay initially went unnoticed as the guests mingled and conversed, but when the Grand Dais remained empty and dinner had yet to be served, people started to notice. Amidala could hear Sio Bibble?s growls of ?Outrageous? from several tables away.

Or maybe that was just her stomach.

?Eirtaé, could you please go and ask the catering staff what the delay is?? she ordered, as she evaluated the idle wait-staff standing outside the kitchen doors. ?The situation does not bode well on my responsibilities as a host.?

After a quick bow, Eirtaé ran off to find a responsible member of the catering staff. She returned a minute later with someone that was close enough.

?You have a question, Princess Amidala??

Padmé?s eyebrows shot up in surprise. ?Sabé? What are [i]you[/i] doing here??

?I?m one of the volunteers you called upon to help with the conference, Mi?lady,? Sabé answered, brushing her palms across her serving-apron. ?Is there anything I can do to help? Refill your water, perhaps??

?No, the water is not the problem,? Padmé said. ?When will dinner be served??

Sabé looked nervous. The conversation had attracted attention from ev

20. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    :eek: Wow.... that was just... just... wow... incredible!

21. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Velt was nearly twenty years her senior, but the blonde-haired gentleman was one of the handsomest men she ever met; having someone so beautiful fawn over her made her feel more than just a little bit special.

We totally understand, dear. ;)

Amidala blinked the fantasy forming in her mind and turned her eyes to Governor Velt?s wife.

LOLOL! In the words of Alanis Morrisette, irony is meeting the man of your dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife. :p

Amidala blinked the fantasy forming in her mind and turned her eyes to Governor Velt?s wife.

Ouch! She doesn't mince words, does she?

I totally related to this story. A hungry stomach. Waiting for some silly VIP before tucking in. Totally. A great new chapter! =D=

22. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Could you correct that last quote please, l_n. I think you're repeating yourself. ;)

23. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Ooh, I like where this is heading! Political backstabbing and other intriguing gifts! Oh, that Veruna...

~Bobaboba

24. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    WOOHOO! Go Padme!

I can see where some of her handmaidens are coming from...

25. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    New post time! Enjoy.

Courage

Padmé fingered the satin trimming on her sleeve. She took a deep breath, and exhaled. Her hand drifted over the teacup, feeling its warmth. ?It?s a little early to be thinking of that, isn?t it??

?Not at all, Your Highness.? Governer Bibble sat comically on a wooden chair too small for his large figure. He held his Lackluster Tea to his lips and slurped noisily. ?You have shown much initiative in the past months, first calling Veruna?s bluff on that party, and then so many motions afterwards. You are the topic on everyone?s lips.?

?I?m only fourteen,? Padmé said softly, confiding her worst fear. ?I?m? not wise. Not like Veruna, or you.?

?It?s not about age,? Bibble pressed. ?It?s about ideas. And courage to implement the ideas. You have that. You just need to draw upon it.?

Padmé sighed. She brought the teacup to her lips and drank the scalding liquid in one gulp. ?Will you run?? she asked as the burning liquid coursed down her throat.

?Of course,? Bibble replied. ?I may even win. Or maybe I won?t.? He took her small hand and gave it an encouraging squeeze. ?That part?s up to the people.?

Padmé gave a small smile, and returned the Governor?s handshake. ?Then I shall do my best and run for Queen, for Naboo.?

~*~*~*~

A dark mist was coming over the Solleu Banks. The water gently lapped against the beach, carrying away footprints. Padmé sank her feet in until the water came to her ankles, and let the icy water numb her feet.

?Are you cold, sister??

Padmé didn?t turn, just walked on. She didn?t recognize the voice, knew it wasn?t Sola?s. ?I?m perfectly content,? she said. In the distance, she heard the thundering of the waterfalls. They?re falling toward me.

?Do you want help??

That question was easy. Without looking back, Padmé replied confidently, ?No.?

?It takes only a word, Padmé Amidala, for you to have what you want.?

The mist darkened. Conch shells disappeared in the depths. ?I don?t want it,? Padmé replied firmly.

A gust of wind blew at her face. Icy sprays of mist attacked her bare arms and legs.

?Are you cold?? the voice asked again.

?No,? Padmé answered firmly. ?I am strong.? She closed her eyes, then opened them.

The wind was gone. The water was peaceful, and the sun shone brightly on her face.

?I pass the test,? she said, feeling suddenly much happier. She looked down at the water, expecting clear, blue crystal waters.

She nearly screamed at the black ice, encrusting her feet.

?You?re going to be cold for a very long time, Amidala.?

Amidala. The leaves whispered. The squirrels watched from the banks. The birds flew overhead, never landing close.

Amidala, they whispered. Amidala?

?Amidala! Wake up!?

Padmé sprung from the couch, gasping for air. Her sister was looking down at her curiously. ?Sorry, did I wake you from a good dream??

Padmé shrugged, trying to ignore the beads of sweat going down her neck. ?So who won?? She asked, glancing at the chrono. ?It?s over, right??

?That?s right, Your Majesty.?

Padmé froze. She looked at her sister, searching for any sign of deceit. The older woman smiled back. Padmé jumped from her seat, and ran to the dinner table, ripping at her console.

?5,076 votes for the Baron,? Sola shouted from behind. ?8,937 for Lady Uphane.? The screen lit up, reflecting the numbers as Sola rattled them off. ?10,529 for Governor Bibble.? She paused, laying a hand on her sister?s shoulder. ?And 25,938 for our new Queen.?

?Twenty-five thousand?? The girl could barely breathe. ?Are you sure there wasn?t a miscount??

?Miscount?? Her father called from upstairs, and the girls could hear his feet pounding down the stairs. ?They checked and rechecked three times already. Did you know the entire election only lasted four minutes??

Padmé turned around to see her father?s excited expression. ?You watched the entire thing??

?You would have, too, if you didn?t spend these past weeks partying so much,? Sola remarked caustically, her eyes twinkling with pri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.