main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Warriors of Legend: Part 1

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Pheonix_Rising, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Welcome to 'Warriors of Legend'
    The following Role Playing Game is more like a story, a novel for say. It is a RPG in every way, except for two key point. First and foremost, the game is "driven" by the players, not the Game Masters. In this respect, what we mean, is that the storyline, the plot, the direction in which the game is headed, is decided by the players, meaning, what the players create, do, and want will make the game what it is. The game has it's own free will for say and will go and do what it pleases, mostly by what the players want the game to be. And secondly, this RPG is different from most other RPG's in the sense that we allow the players to create the game, as stated above. But, this goes into more depth then just that. Quellonis and I have presented you, the player, with the context of the game; you, the player, will decide how the game goes from there, how the game will grow, how it will end.

How do we do this? Simple. We don't control the player. The player controls the game. In this respect, we accept plot ideas from everyone and we try our hardest to have everyone's plot ideas in the game. Does this mean you have to PM Quellonis or I with a plot idea? NO! If it is a small plot twist, something that wouldn't impact every player in the game, go ahead with it. Quellonis and I like to roll with the flow of the game for say. What happens is what happens and that is how the game is created. The players control the game in that respect.

"Your imagination is the game."
    - Jason, aka Bravo

(Thanks for the Quote Jason! And thanks for the inspiration from both Charle and you.)

In this game myself and Darth_Quellonis will each run a separate part of the game for the two major sides of the world, Good and Evil. I will give guidance to the Good aligned characters, and my partner in crime, will run the Evil side. Neither of us is going to know what the other has planned, we will only know basic outlines for the present part of the story. We will be throwing plot twists at each other left and right, but there will be NO major disruptions into the world. We would like it if there were at least three characters for both sides.
    Thank you and have FUN!!!!

Warriors of Legend:
    It is an age of war, the misticism of several people have torn the world apart. The Lords of Opastella have gone to war against one another in an attempt to retrieve the throne of the recently deceased emperor, Emperor Vasious III. There have been many battles, and many hero's have awakened their abilities in these battles. Princes have died in combat, and lords have lost valiant knights. Now, it is your turn to draw the tide of battle away from the enemy.
    Alignment:
    Deity:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Eyes:
    Hair:
    Skin:
    Weapons:
    Armor:
    Other Items:
    Major Skills:
    Minor Skills:
    Status in society:(Lord, Vassal, Knight, ect..)

RACES:
    Humans: The world is in chaos, lords and vassals are killing each other to reign supreme over the human lands.

Elves:The peaceful times are over, and war has torn through the human lands. A brave and Noble Elf king has decided to aid one of the lords of the Human race.

Orcs: The evil people who kill for the fun of it. The orcs assassinated the Human king and turned his lands into their hunting ground.

Half-Dragons: These are a race of humanoids descended from dragon parents. Noble and virtuous beings, they lead armies into battle against the orcs. (GM use only*)
    R'yahr- A vicious warrior society exiled from the humans kingdoms before the early wars, they were never heard from until now. They are adept at mathematics and have created great feats with magical sorcery. They stalk people that enter their barren land and will imprison people who are deemed "enemies." (GM use only*)

*Contact a GM if you want to use one of these.
    RULES:

1) Have fun
    2) Be as creative as you want
    3) Follow ALL Role Playing Game Forum rules
    4) T

2. ColdFire

ColdFire Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2006
    Character Sheet
    Name: Orion
    Race: Human
    Alignment: Justice
    Deity: St. Cuthbert
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 189 lbs
    Eyes: brown
    Hair: black
    Skin: caucasian
    Weapons: Dawn and Dusk, his 2 magical bastard swords
    Armor: Stalker Suit
    Other Items: Guardian Bracers
    Major Skills: Short range teleportation, shadow meld
    Minor Skills: stealth, danger sense
    Status in society: Wanderer

My personal touch:
    Quote: "Some men fear the dark, the smart ones fear what may be lurking within it. Like me."

3. Ptolemy7

Ptolemy7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2006
    Hmm...very interesting. Question: Would a Robin Hood-style thief fall into the "Good" or "Evil" category?

4. SmugglersDawn

SmugglersDawn Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006
    GM APPROVED

Name: Eladan
    Race: Gray Elf
    Alignment: Neutral
    Deity: None(Godless)
    Height: 6'0
    Weight: 156
    Eyes: Grey
    Hair: Long Grey Blond
    Skin: Pale
    Weapons: 1 Long Curved Sword , 1 Short Curved Sword, 2, Daggers, and a Bow.
    Armor: A Mail Shirt if anything, usaully just his clothes
    Other Items: Light Crystal(Gives Light), Sharpening Stone
    Major Skills: The Ability to move faster then the eye can track, Can draw his sword faster then the eye can track as well
    Minor Skills: Can recover most nonfatal wounds extremly fast(Within a day or 2) Can use small bits of elemental magic
    Status in society: Wandering Swordmaster

I Like Coldfires idea of adding a quote so mine is his personal motto

In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool.

5. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    Name:Alric Beornulf
    Alignment: Good
    Deity: Non-Believer
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 180
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Dark Brown
    Skin: Tan
    Weapons: Steel Longsword, Elven Bow (with fine steel arrows), short iron dagger.
    Armor: Leather Cuirass with leather bracers. Chainmail under his cuirass. Leather boots.
    Other Items:
    Major Skills: Master of Swordsmanship, Marksmanship, stealth, and acrobatics.
    Minor Skills: Unbelievable agility. Master control of fire spells. Master of potion making.
    Status in society:Most would call him a ranger. However, he feels as though he has not found the right lord to give his allegiance to.
    Quote: "I do not fear death, I fear that my death will come after a lifetime of no purpose."

6. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006
    GM Approved

Name: Varn Jetel
    Alignment: Himself
    Deity: Tralis, God of Luck.
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight: 135 lb.
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Dark brown
    Skin: Caucasian
    Weapons: A slim broadsword (blade width about an inch), various knives.
    Armor: None to speak of.
    Other Items: Grappling hooks, lockpicks, etc.
    Major Skills: Swordsmanship, thieving.
    Minor Skills: Dodging lawmen.
    Status in society: Swashbuckler, highwayman, robber, bandit.
    And, of course, just to fill in the final unofficial category...
    Personal Quote: "Rules? What rules? Listen, bucko, if this world had rules, I'd be six feet under, not bloody well talking to you."

7. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    Name: Logan Wolfsbane
    Alignment: Neutral
    Deity: None
    Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 170 lbs
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Black
    Skin: Caucasian
    Weapons: Two Elven blades
    Armor: None.
    Other Items: Maps, various tools.
    Major Skills: Dueling, theft, long distance running.
    Minor Skills: Women.
    Status in society: A simple theif.

Quote: "Whatever happens, happens."

8. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Character approved by Pheonix_Rising

Character Sheet
    Name: Princess Valanthequi of Ganwood (Formerly Arnlaug of Diresdale)
    Race: Elf (Formerly Human)
    Alignment: Neutral Good (Currently Neutral Evil)
    Deity: Ehlonna (Currently Yeathan)
    Height: 5'0 (Formerly 5'10")
    Weight: 108 lbs (Formerly 167 lbs)
    Eyes: Turquoise Blue (Formerly Almond Brown)
    Hair: Platinum Blonde, worn in a long pnytail down to the back of her knees (Formerly Black, bald)
    Skin: Snow White (Formerly Dark Tan)
    Weapons: An enchanted Trident Valanthequi searched for deep within Arnlaug's tomb (Special abilities: Souldrinking, Necrotic Focus)
    Armor: Ghoul Shell armor, which grants Valanthequi the ability to use ghoul touch attacks, almost always wears a dark green and black robe over the armor itself
    Other Items: A holy symbol of Yeathan (a dark bluish-green spiral with a black center)
    Major Skills: Spellcrafting magic items, the use of diplomacy among others she encounters
    Minor Skills: Forging documents, scrolls, etc
    Status in society: Former Princess of Ganwood, assassinated her father and the head priest after her soul was returned from the dead. The soul returned was not hers however, it was of an evil cleric named Arnlaug.
    Quote: "This body may have its uses..."

9. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    GM:These are what we have, I'll post an intro for the good gus sometime tomorrow. If possible, i want everyone to PM me a short bio of their character so i know about their past.

Good Guys
    Orion- ColdFire
    Eladan- Smugglersdawn/WISE_JEDI12
    Alric Beornulf- ScaPaCamem
    Varn Jetel- Ptolemy7
    Logan Wolfsbane- Jango313

Bad Guys
    Princess Valanthequi of Ganwood (Formerly Arnlaug of Diresdale)- Zedd-Vega

10. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    I was asked to change my skills so here they are (sorry about the problem Pheonix):
    Major: Master of Swordsmanship and Marksmanship
    Minor: Journeyman (level right below master) of Stealth and Acrobatics.

11. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    GM: Intro for good guys.

dream sequence for good characters.

The lord of the Half-Dragons stood on the battlements, overlooking the army that threatened his way of life. It is raining and lightning strikes near. The thundering sound of hooves is heard and he turns to the sound. There, at the foot of his keep, stand three lone warriors. In an instant he recognizes them all as friends. ?open the doors!? he yells to his guards. Jumping from the battlements onto the stairs he slowly walks towards the three heroes.

He meets them all and knows who they are, another Half-Dragon, a human Monk, and a human Paladin. He clasps arms with the Half-Dragon, ?Azir, my old friend welcome to my humble keep.? Smiling he moves to the next one, ?Lancel, it is good to see you again.? He moves onto the last one, ?Andreides, my troops, are your troops.?

Back up on the battlements, the four watched the hoard as it came and stopped only yards from the walls. Thousands of orcs stood there, led by a half-demon of the orcish race. Walking in front of his army, the demon-orc mocked Damodred out loud.

Jumping from his pirch on the wall, Damodred spreads his wings and glides to the ground, only feet away from the Half-Demon. Drawing his greatsword from it?s scabbard on his right side the Dragonborn warrior speaks.

?Orcus Deathwring, I am Damodred Bronze-Skin, son of Dascious consort to Bahamut. I will not allow you to taint my lands with your presence.? The Half-Dragon stood bravely in front of his enemies, with an atmosphere of courage about him.
    ?Lord Damodred,? says the enemy leader with a slightly mocking bow, ?I have heard stories of your courage, strength, and willingness to sacrifice your life to save your people. I am here to take advantage of that, surrender now, an I will not kill your people, I will merely enslave them all.?
    With all a slight glance over his shoulder damodred let out a short growl, ?I will be looking for you on the battlefield.? He said to the Demon-orc.

With the end of the short conversation, Damodred turns and flies back to the walls. He signals Azir and watches as the orcish archers notch their arrows. They let them loose and the arrows speed towards their targets. As they fly, Azir finishes his spell and a barrier stops the arrows before they come close to the walls. This gives Damodred enough time to ready his men for battle. All as one, the armies of Damodred and two elvish princes charge the opposing army through the open gates. As they reach the barrier Azir dismisses it, to reveal the surprised orc army.

At the head of the charge is Damodred, followed by Lancel and Andreides. Damodred see?s Orcus fall vback from the immediate battle-zone and is enraged. Leaping after him, the battle is met.

As the rest of the armies collide, heroes awake in a brightly lit, white room, with shining walls filled with holy symbols of the dragon-god Bahamut. Each of you see the other heroes in the room all in separate beds against opposite walls. When you look towards the door, you see a half-dragon woman. A beautiful specimen of her race. She has gold-tinged skin, and wears the robes of a powerful sorceress. Atop her head is a crown of Gold and Bronze, with inlayed diamonds and aquamarine. In her left hand she holds a longsword, if you strain your eyes hard enough you can see that the blade is riddled with markings in draconic.

12. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    My final character sheet:

Name:Alric Beornulf
    Alignment: Good
    Deity: Non-Believer
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 180
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Dark Brown
    Skin: Tan
    Weapons: Steel Longsword, Elven Bow (with fine steel arrows), short iron dagger.
    Armor: Leather Cuirass with leather bracers. Chainmail under his cuirass. Leather boots.
    Other Items: Book
    Major Skills: Master of Swordsmanship and Speechcraft (the ability to communicate and persuade others)
    Minor Skills: Journeyman of alchemy and marksmanship. Novice of stealth
    Status in society: Most would call him a ranger. However, he feels as though he has not found the right lord to give his allegiance to.
    Quote: "I do not fear death, I fear that my death will come after a lifetime of no purpose."
    Bio: At a young age Alric's parents abandoned him in a small village. He found refuge with an old ranger named simply Raen. Raen put Alric through intense training for 10 years and at the age of 18 Alric was known as one of the most skillful warriors in all of the land. When Alric was 20 Raen died at the age of 75. Alric was heartbroken. He decided he would no longer be a ranger, he is looking for somewhere to call his home but he has not found anywhere that would fufill his old mentor's quote:"I do not fear death, I fear that my death will come after a lifetime of no purpose. "I do not fear death, I fear that my death will come after a lifetime of no purpose."

13. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    APPROVED

Name: Princess Arya Svit-kona of the elf city Tanalei
    Race: Elves
    Alignment: Her people
    Height: 6'0
    Weight: 150 pounds
    Eyes: Bright blue
    Hair: Golden
    Skin: Very pale
    Weapons: bow, sword
    Armor: No armor, it gets in her way
    Other Items: healing items, a sheild
    Major Skills: Healing, Fighting, Spellcasting
    Minor Skills: ruling
    Status in society: Princesss
    Quote: "Do not pamper me. I am not a helpless female to run away when there are people that need protection, when there are battles to be fought"

14. ColdFire

Jan 6, 2006
    Orion awoke in the room, in the same position he had fallen asleep, sitting up but with his back against the headboard of the bed instead of a tree. The man's black clothing stood in stark contrast to the white in the rest of the room. He rose, and his posture denoted wariness. He recognized the wall hangings as holy symbols of Bahamut. The dragon god. He wondered who these others were. He assumed they were all brought here as he was, but for what purpose? He watched the others and the half dragon woman, allowing them the first moves.

15. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Alric Beornulf

Dream Sequence

Alric opened his eyes and a sharp pain hit him as the light from the bright room he was in hit him. He was confused because he had gone to sleep at an inn, but he had awoken in this strange place. His armor was laid neatly at the end of the magnificently comfortable bed. He sat up and looked around and saw the marking of the great dragon god Bahamut. He also noticed several others where lying in identical beds. He was not a believer of the gods and he never had been, but he respected other's beliefs. He began to think if he had been wrong all his life. He though 'Is this heaven, have I passed in my sleep?' He threw of the white bed spread and put on his armor. He walked towards a beautiful half-dragon woman dressed in magnificent attire. As he walked neither his steps nor his weapons made any noise. He finally reached the woman and spoke.

"Where am I and how did I get here?"

Tag: Phoenix Rising

16. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006
    IC: Varn Jetel

Varn lounged in a prison cell. It was a dark, dank place, made not for comfort but for punishment. Well, he had finally been caught. He reflected over his last few days. The plunder of the royal treasure house; the capture, being tossed unceremoniously in here, to await the headsman on the following dawn. He sighed.
    Varn turned his head to the other occupants of his cell. They were whispering and muttering to each other. Dimwitted, the lot of them.
    "Will you shut up?" yawned Jetel widely, stretching his arms. "I'm trying to get some sleep."
    "How can you sleep?" asked a particularly ugly specimen in wonder. "In the morning..."
    Jetel pulled his hat over his face slowly and deliberately, stretched his feet out, and lounged back against the wall, trying to ignore the frankly shocking smell from his fellow inmates.
    Varn drifted off into a light slumber, and finally a deep dream. He was awoken by light. A lot of light. Oh Tralis, the bloody dawn!
    Varn jolted upright in...in bed. The thief looked around in stupefied amazement. "What the devil..." he muttered. Ah, look, a high lady. A very odd-looking high lady, granted, but very beautiful as well. Jetel leapt lightly from his bed as though he had every right to be there.
    Varn gave the high lady his most winning smile, and was just about to speak, when someone else butted in.
    "Where am I and how did I get here?" Varn turned to see a man of about his own height (but of heavier build), standing with a bemused expression on the other side of the room.
    "You speak for me, too, laddie buck," Jetel remarked. He turned to the lady. "That's a lovely sword," he said, flicking his eyes casually over it. "It suits you."
    Despite his confident manner, Jetel was painfully aware of the empty sheath by his side; the guards had taken his sword. He glanced around hurriedly at the various other men (and, to his surprise, women) in the chamber, before turning back to the lady.
    "Forgive me," he said, being all sorts of charming. "I am known as Varn Jetel. And you?" He gave a smooth bow.

TAG: High Lady, Alric, others.

17. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    "Where am I and how did I get here?

Voices.

"You speak for me, too, laddie buck. That's a lovely sword. It suits you."

Logan stirred.

"Forgive me. I am known as Varn Jetel. And you?"

Logan awoke from his sleep. He looked around he was clearly not in the alley he managed to sleep in. There were men waking around him. Making noise. Logan looked at the Bahamut symbols all over and then at a beautiful half-dragon woman at the door-way. Most of the men were already gathered around her. Logan shook his head to wake himself and took another look around the room. All he could say was this:

"What the hell?"

Logan rose from the bed, and checked his equipment. Still there. He walked over to where the others were and pushed them aside and took a look at the strange woman.

"Where the hell am I?" he asked the woman, curtly.

18. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    GM:

The Half-Dragon women nods and smiles, ?I am Rizzana Queen of the Half-Dragons. My lord will be here in a moments time. As to where you are and why you are here, I can answer those questions for you.? She looks around the room and see?s that there are still a couple asleep, but still continues. ?You are in Seichi?s Height, a keep built to honor my lords own brother who was lost in battle many years ago. Surrounding this keep, is a city, many have wished to see this city in all it?s elegance. Montrophy, is it?s name, It has withstood attacks by numerous armies, and withstood thousands of years of torment by the winds of Gruumsh. Why you are here, simply because you must be.? She looks over her shoulder, through the open door and turns back to the group of heroes, ?My lord is come, henceforth be on your best manners, do not speak curses in his presence, unless you wish to invoke his wrath.?

As the lady walks out the door, you can see as another half-dragon. He shorter than all of the people in the room, and is dressed in noble robes, with a large weapon at his right side. Immediately you recognize this as the Half-Dragon king, Damodred Bronze-Skin, the one from the dream. As he walks towards you, he stops and embraces the half-dragon woman. As he walks into the room you can tell he has an air of respect about him. One by one you each receive a curt nod, then he speaks with a booming, yet polite and gentle voice.

?Greetings! I am king Damodred, I am in service to my only lord, Bahamut. He has requested I bring you here, and that he will speak to each of you separately to see if you are worthy of his task. I bid you good luck.? His smile fades somewhat, ?Now if you will follow me, we have work to do, I hope none of you are against doing some menial labor for the commoners.?

Damodred sets off down the corrido and takes the half-dragon woman?s hand as he passes her. He abruptly stops and turns his head around, ?You might want to wake the others, I do not wat to reveal too much of my past at this moment.? He turns and continues down the hallway.

19. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    Name: Shino Nailo
    Race: Drow (Dark Elf)
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Height: 6' 0"
    Weight: 160 lbs.
    Eyes: White
    Hair: White
    Skin: Black
    Weapons: Poison enchanted rapier and poison enchanted kurasai-gama
    Armor: Shadow Black leather and a shadow wraith cloak
    Other Items: poisons, magical map
    Major Skills: a Chain weapon master, sneaking/stealth and poison expert
    Minor Skills: Curses and seals, dark magic and swordsmanship
    Status in society: Assassin and an adventurer.
    Quote: " You are pathetic scum to me-Now move!"

20. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

?I am Rizzana Queen of the Half-Dragons. My lord will be here in a moments time. As to where you are and why you are here, I can answer those questions for you. You are in Seichi?s Height, a keep built to honor my lords own brother who was lost in battle many years ago. Surrounding this keep, is a city, many have wished to see this city in all it?s elegance. Montrophy, is it?s name, It has withstood attacks by numerous armies, and withstood thousands of years of torment by the winds of Gruumsh. Why you are here, simply because you must be. My lord is come, henceforth be on your best manners, do not speak curses in his presence, unless you wish to invoke his wrath.?
    Righto... thought Varn, nodding as if he understood (although he actually hadn't a clue of why he, of all people, had had the good fortune to be summoned to this Keep. Or bad fortune, depending on how you looked at it). ...so, now we just wait for the Master of this little play.
    Varn glanced around. Whatever else it might be, sorcerous and crazy (Varn had not an ounce of magical power himself, and usually regarded anything on the subject as strange and unnatural. He had learned to shield his mind from probes, but that was about it), this place was undoubtedly rich. Very rich. A golden opportunity, in this case quite literally. Before he came out of this place, the thief fully intended to have risen in the world by a substantial amount.
    He was distracted from his villainous ruminations and budding schemes for relieving unsuspecting Half-Dragon Lords of their valuables by the entrance of the Half-Dragon Lord in question. He made rather a grand sight, with his bronzed skin, rich clothing, and gleaming weaponry. Varn found a sudden burst of knowledge in his mind that this man's name was Damodred. Have I seen him before? the outlaw wondered, before realizing that while he had seen this Lord, it was only with his sleeping mind.
    ?Greetings!" boomed the Half-Dragon. "I am king Damodred, I am in service to my only lord, Bahamut. He has requested I bring you here, and that he will speak to each of you separately to see if you are worthy of his task. I bid you good luck.? His smile fades somewhat, ?Now if you will follow me, we have work to do, I hope none of you are against doing some menial labor for the commoners.?
    A look of dismay quickly passed over Varn's features, but he hastily masked it behind a courteous smile, remembering the Lady's advice. "Of...of course," he said, with rather forced good humor.
    The Lord turned away down the corridor, taking the Lady's hand. He did, however, see fit to cast a glance over his shoulder, and impart a last bit of wisdom.
    ?You might want to wake the others, I do not want to reveal too much of my past at this moment," he said.
    Well, that's just excellent thought Varn, his smile slipping away to a rather grim look. That told me...just about nothing. Who is this bucko anyway? The outlaw was of half a mind to refuse point blank, and see what happened.
    But, he reminded himself, he was utterly in the Lord's power. He was weaponless and defenseless. He also had no knowledge of the situation. What he did have was a brain, and it told him that the smart thing to do was to play along...for the moment. And if an obliging diamond showed up along the way, which could, quite accidentally, slip into his cloak, all the better. Besides, this mad Lord had sprung him from jail. He at least deserved a hearing. With a shrug, Varn unceremoniously hauled the nearest sleeping man from his bed, dumped him, covers and all, on the floor, and bent over.
    "A pleasant morning to you, mate!" said the outlaw cheerily. "We're off with this Half-Dragon. Catch up!"

TAG: Damodred, whoever.

21. ColdFire

Jan 6, 2006
    Orion shook his head from his position at the edge of the room. Orion didn't like it when people left out the details. And these two had left out the most important detail of all. Why.

"King Damodred." Orion spoke in a clear voice, his tone neither rude nor polite, he just spoke, as to an equal. "You have not mentioned what task I am auditioning for. I would like to know."

22. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    IC: Damodred

King Damodred." Orion spoke in a clear voice, his tone neither rude nor polite, he just spoke, as to an equal. "You have not mentioned what task I am auditioning for. I would like to know."

Damodred stopped and spun on his heel slowly, he looks directly into Orions eye?s, ?When you find out, would you mind telling me?? he say?s with a large grin. He turns again and walks out the front door to the castle, with the group of heroes, hopefully following him.

OOC: I am going to be gome from friday to Saturday night.

23. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

"King Damodred," said the black-garbed man in a carefully neutral tone. "You have not mentioned what task I am auditioning for. I would like to know."
    ?When you find out, would you mind telling me?? replied the King of Half-Dragons, Lord of the Keep, Chief Among People Varn Jetel Intended to Rob Before An Hour Had Passed.
    Varn shook his head as he walked away from the man he had just dumped onto the floor. Bit of an odd sort, this Damodred. Spoke in riddles. Could he really be the one from Varn's vision of the night before? But that had been just a dream, hadn't it? Or had it? Perhaps it had been reality. The thought troubled the outlaw slightly, but he pushed it from his mind. He had to stay on his toes in here. First, Varn decided, he would listen to whatever this oddball King had to say (although he had already decided that Damodred was really not his sort; too heroic by half. Varn Jetel had little time for heroism). Then, he would somehow escape, and find a weapon; preferrably a sword, as a blade was all he was accounted truly excellent in the usage of. Then he'd pick some pockets, grab some treasure, and get the bloody hell out of here. But which way was out? That was the question. Varn Jetel followed King Damodred out of the chamber, and into the hall beyond.

TAG: Any

24. ColdFire

Jan 6, 2006
    Orion looked straight back into the black eyes of the Half-Dragon, not flinching. So this man was so loyal to his god to arrange the abduction of six people? Loyal or foolish. Bahamut was a god of dragons, and dragons did things differently than humans. They rarely did things in a straightforward manner, instead preferring to make elaborate plans. Half-Dragons were at least half human, so they were more tolerable. But the one thing that Orion did know is that when you need firepower, it pays to have a dragon on your side.

Orion decides to give the man the benefit of the doubt, for now. He falls into step behind Damodred, following through the corridors. Before long, they reach the courtyard surrounding the keep. They can see an archery range, a smithy and a stable. Orion gets to the bottom of the stairs leading from the keep when two men come running out of the stable chased by a black stallion. It was a fine horse, with a look of strength and speed, if a little scruffy. One of the men tripped and rolled over to see the horse looking balefully down at him. "Hold!" Orion shouted at the horse, and it swung it's head to look at him, allowing the man to slide away.

The man in black strode over to the horse and looked him square in the eye. "What have I told you about chasing around stable hands?" The horse snorted in reply, obviously unhappy about it's current surroundings. Orion continued, lowering his voice so that only the horse could hear. "Don't give me that. I'm no happier than you to be brought here, but these guys seem to be on the level. So be on your best behavior." The horse bared its teeth in what could be a smile. Orion knew what his best behavior was.

"Go get your pack." The horse turned around and went back into the stable, then came back out a minute later carrying what looked like a pack saddle in its teeth. Orion grabbed the pack and put it on the horse, then he took off his swords (which he wore on his back), bracers and jacket and put them on the saddle as well. All of this took less than a minute and he turned back to the group.

"He'll be coming with us, though I wouldn't expect him to do any work." The horse fell into step behind Orion, and gave another snort.

The two stable hands came out of hiding and watched the horse from a distance, one turned to the other and showed him a bite mark on his forearm, "Does this look infected to you?"

Tag: Any good people following Damodred

25. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Varn was openly admiring of the splendor about him--in a professional manner, naturally. He ran his eyes over each and every furnishing, quickly computing the current black market value of most of the larger items. He came up with some very large estimates, and the thief's excitement grew.
    Ahead of him, one of the other men, the one who had asked the more practical question of Damodred, stopped off in the stables to get his horse. Varn paused, interested as the horse pranced around, obviously obeying its master.
    "He'll be coming with us, though I wouldn't expect him to do any work," said the horseman, strapping on his weapons.
    Varn's eye twinkled. He stepped into the stable, and gave the horse a polite nod. "Good morning to you, sir," said the outlaw, with only a slight quirk of his lips.
    Behind him, one of the stable-hands asked the other a bit nervously, "Does this look infected to you?"
    Varn walked up beside them, assuming a grim look immediately. "Oh aye," he said, striding over. "That looks terrible. The horse give you that, mate?"
    The young man looked up worriedly. "Y-Yes. Why? Does it look bad?"
    Varn leaned over his shoulder to get a closer look. "Bloody beast," he muttered. "Bad luck, bucko. That there is Hummatarian Glovox, a disease of horses." The two stable-boys looked down in wonder and not a little fear. "I'm a horse-breeder myself," continued Varn, the lie quite smooth. "You'll come out in hives. Better rinse it off immediately."
    The stable-boys nodded in thanks, and hurried away, the injured party clutching his arm out in front as though afraid it might fall off at the elbow. Varn chuckled, and slipped their purses (which were surprisingly heavy, for such laborers as these; but then, this was a king's stableyard) into a pocket, before falling back into line behind the Half-Dragon.

TAG: Damodred, Orion, Orion's Amazing Biting Horse, Others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.