main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Warriors of Legend: Part 1

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Pheonix_Rising, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptolemy7

Ptolemy7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2006
    IC: Varn Jetel

"Guys, how can you tell this big fella can even communicate?" asked one of the other men.
    "Put it this way, mate," Varn replied in a whisper out of the corner of his mouth. "If it can't, we lose nothing by talking, but if it can, and we say nothing, and that creature gets offended, we end up as its dinner, kennit?" The outlaw gave the other thief a grim half-smile.

TAG: Logan, any.

2. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    IC: Arya

When Arya reached the grounds, she noticed two men and a dragon. Making a beeline for the dragon, she bowed respectfully, and murmured a polite greeting to it. Then she turned to the men. "Hello, my name is Arya Svit-kona of Tanalei. And you two are?"

TAG: Logan, Varn, the dragon

3. ColdFire

ColdFire Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2006
    IC: Orion

Orion doesn't take his eyes off the dragon as he talks to one of his companions. "This 'big fella' is a True Dragon." Orion put the emphasis on 'True'. "Not one of the beasts you find terrorizing villages. She is not only bigger and stronger than you, but likely smarter as well. And she is probably about 20 times your age. So show some respect."

Tag

4. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

"Hello, my name is Arya Svit-kona of Tanalei. And you two are?" said an elven-looking woman.
    Varn turned, though his eyes flitted back to the dragon every few seconds. "Varn Jetel," he said, grinning. The outlaw bowed and kissed the elf's hand lightly; a graceful gesture. It was only on the way back up that he froze. It had been years since he had used that old-fashioned greeting. What was the matter with him? Was it being back in court after all this time? "Pleased to meet you," Varn finished to the elf, slowly straightening again.

TAG: Arya, Logan, Dragon, others.

5. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    Logan

"Put it this way, mate," Varn whispered to Logan. "If it can't, we lose nothing by talking, but if it can, and we say nothing, and that creature gets offended, we end up as its dinner, kennit?"

The fellow theif made some sort of dark smile to Logan.

"This is true," Logan replied, peering at the dragon's head high above him.

"This 'big fella' is a True Dragon." Orion added. "Not one of the beasts you find terrorizing villages. She is not only bigger and stronger than you, but likely smarter as well. And she is probably about 20 times your age. So show some respect."

Logan felt a tinge of annoyance after the man named Orions spoke. It's just a dragon. What's so special of her?

"Listen, friend, I can more than-"

"Hello, my name is Arya Svit-kona of Tanalei. And you two are?"

Loagn turned and saw an elf-woman at the entrance. She seemed to be talking to Varn and himself. Logan smirked, darkly at Orion. The woman did not even notice him.

"Varn Jetel," replied Varn, as he kissed Arya's hand. "Pleased to meet you,"

Logan nodded at Arya, acknowledging her greeting.

"Logan Wolfsbane," he said, softly, as his attention moved back to the dragon. "Maybe you can tell me, Miss Arya, do you know what the hell is up with this dragon?"

TAG: All

6. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Princess Valanthequi

North Ranhk capital; Kilsenforde; Temple of Yeathan

A surprised look crossed the face of the young elven maiden as she striked her chin. Would she have been Arnlaug, she would be stroking her beard, but she had no facial hair to speak of being such a fair woman.

"Very well," She replied after the avatar left, leaving her in her dank, water filled chamber. She quickly picked up her trident and made her way to the outside of the Temple where the three men in black armor were there to greet her. She didn not expect to be treated like a lady, but how could she? She had the soul of an evil man and that soul resided in the body of a fair elven maiden.

"Take me where I am needed..." Valanthequi demanded, holding her trident in hand as if it were a royal scepter. She would serve Gruumsh for the time being, but only until she found out what Yeathan was doing serving the god of the Orcs...

TAG: Pheonix_Rising

7. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    IC: Dragon & Kepesksveargith

After minutes of waiting for everyone to arrive in the chamber, the Dragon waves one of it's paws and shuts the doors behind them. And for the simplicity of communicating with them, the dragon transforms into a beutiful elven woman. She looks at them all one afer another.

"This 'big fella' is a True Dragon." Orion put the emphasis on 'True'. "Not one of the beasts you find terrorizing villages. She is not only bigger and stronger than you, but likely smarter as well. And she is probably about 20 times your age. So show some respect."

"No need Orion," she says in an odd voice, "I am perfectly fine with him calling me a beast. I am more...tolerant than my brethren. You are here because my god commands it." She gives a slight bo in recognition that they are all truly here.

"I am Vrastilathryx, one of the many consorts to Bahamut. I see you have all been...intrigued by this city, and some of you have not." She looks at Kepesksveargith, "You have all been changed by Lord Damodred, even if it is in the most subtle of ways. But he is not who we shall speak of. There is a reason my lord has commanded your presence in his temple. We dragons are in danger, many of the dark gods are plotting to destroy the draconic deities."

She shuffles around a little before continuing, "To business now, around this continent are five dragons, they are each the eldest of their kind, they are the wisest of all dragons. They will know what to do. I know of what you are thinking, 'why does bahamut need wisdom, he's a god?' It is not that easy. He is a god, yes, but he is not by any means the smartest or the wisest, he has said this himself. Bahamut would give you his aid, but he cannot interfere in mortal affiars directly, not until a dark god does. He can only give his aid through his clerics."

"The five dragons are each called Aspects, they live among their flights' most famous caverns and hoards. But they live in deep sleep. Only a being of draconic blood can wake them," Again she looks at Kepesksveargith, "Lord Damodred volunteered for this task. As you can see, he is not at all as happy as he was earlier. Bahamut denied him his request, but has called upon the king. He leaves for the heavens of Celestia tomorrow morning, and because of this, the son of the king will go with you."

"If any of you want out right now, you will state so. But believe me, this is an honor to serve the dragon gods, and you will be justly rewarded."

Kepesksveargith is the first to speak, "What does Bahamut want my father for?" he says in an arrogant tone?

"Only your father knows that." She looks around, "Anyone else?"

She stands, waiting for replies.

8. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    Logan

"No need Orion. I am perfectly fine with him calling me a beast. I am more...tolerant than my brethren. You are here because my god commands it."

Logan looked around as he heard a voice. He then realized where it came from. He turned and stared up at the dragon. The Dragon turned into a woman right before his eyes.

"Huh. It can talk," Logan said, slightly astonished.

"I am Vrastilathryx, one of the many consorts to Bahamut. I see you have all been...intrigued by this city, and some of you have not." She looks at Kepesksveargith, "You have all been changed by Lord Damodred, even if it is in the most subtle of ways. But he is not who we shall speak of. There is a reason my lord has commanded your presence in his temple. We dragons are in danger, many of the dark gods are plotting to destroy the draconic deities."

"Go on," said Logan, going back to being bored. He listened to Vrastilathryx's story, half-listening.
    At the end of her talk, all Logan could say was: "Whatever."

"If any of you want out right now, you will state so."

"Yeah, I want-"

"But believe me, this is an honor to serve the dragon gods, and you will be justly rewarded."

Logan's looked back at Vrastilathryx in curiosity on the word 'rewarded'.

"Rewarded, eh?" Logan said with a smile. "Okay, lady... dragon... whatever... Count me in."

Tag: All

9. ColdFire

Jan 6, 2006

Orion was relieved when the dragon morphed into the elven woman. Perhaps it would help get it through that bonehead's skull that True dragons are different. Also, it meant he didn't have to crane his neck looking up.

Orion listens with interest as Vrastilathryx relays her story. Finally, someone who can give a straight answer. When she finishes, he shakes his head.

"I will go, but I need no reward. Any chance to foil a dark god is enough for me, and this will let me foil the lot of them? Too good to be true."

TAG

10. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    IC: Aleric

Aleric had waited his whole life for a chance like this. He had never found a just reason to spill blood for a king, but this sounded like it was.

" I will go and as Orion said I require no reward, just the honor of defending the dragons."

Aleric kneeled as a sign that he would be giving his sword to aid the dragons in what should be a true test of his skill.

Tag:All

11. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

The dragon-turned-elf said a lot, most of it quite informative, but Varn Jetel was arrested by two parts in particular.
    Varn's eyes narrowed. Changed? Was that the reason for his sudden return to practices he hadn't used in years? If so, Varn did not like the idea that things beyond his control were being done to him.
    "If any of you want out right now, you will state so. But believe me, this is an honor to serve the dragon gods, and you will be justly rewarded," finished the dragon.
    Rewarded, eh? thought Varn. He wondered what these "rewards" would be. Gold? The other thief, Logan Wolfsbane, seemed to think so, as he became the first quester a moment later.
    Beside him, Varn could hear the man seemingly called Orion proudly proclaiming that he needed no reward but to thwart evil gods. Then another warrior drew his sword and chimed in as well, announcing impressively that he would join on account of his honor.
    The outlaw considered. If he was to accept this offer, it would mean throwing himself willingly into something dangerous and possibly even fatal; he had no delusions about that. Getting involved with evil had to end badly. It would really be best to just forget about it and go home. And yet, to the outlaw's surprise, he realized his decision had already been made. Therefore, Varn heard himself say, "Very well, lady. You have a deal."

TAG: Others.

12. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    IC: Dragon and Kepesksveargith

The dragon-woman walks over to the young Half-Dragon prince, ?Kepesksveargith, wux ossalur gethrisj karif. Aryte clax okarthel vur thurirl. Vivex majak martivir. Gethrisj svent dartak. Renthisj ekes aujir maebrix.?

Kepesksveargith nods to the draconic woman as she walks back to the middle of the room and starts her transformation into the silver dragon. He turns back to the party, ?Get your stuff ready, we leave in the morning.? He walks out of the building.

TAG: all good players.

OOC: You guys can go ahead and free-play for a while, just tell me when you are ready. You can rob the people, but be weary of the consequences. You can walk around town. Just have fun. Also, if you play D&D, and have the Draconomicon, you can find out what was said above.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
    IC: Paladins of Gruumsh

As the young ?elven woman? walks out from the temple to yeathan, the three guards stand up from their sitting position in the temples gardens.

The tallest of the guards speaks, ?What is your decision??

"Take me where I am needed..." she says.

?Of course.? He gives the signal and another five guards come from out of the woods, with armored horses black as night.

Hours later the party of now nine come to a remote temple in the eastern portion of North Ranhk. As Valenthequi looks at the temple, she notices that the guards have all disappeared, and have been replaced by an old hermit. A cleric of Gruumsh.

?Come, Arnlaug. Come inside.? As they go in the temple, the cleric tells the woman what her task is, ?Your task, is an easy one?or a hard one, depending on what you make of it. As you know, there are many draconic gods, and through their dragons, they influence the world. My lord, does not want their influence on our planet, and he has devised a plan. Aided by your god and many others, including Hextor, he plans to anihhilate the Dragon Deities. But for this to happen we need you to do something for us. There are five dragons in these lands, they are the wisest, and eldest of their kinds. Of course they are Metallic dragons, not chromatic. Right now, they are in a state of sleep, in large caverns. Bahamut has put together a rag-tag group of heroes to wake these dragons. So we want you to beat them to the punch and kill the dragons. It will not be hard, the dragons cannot be awoken by someone other than those of draconic heritage.? They are now inside the temple and the cleric sits.

?I can give you time enough to find the caverns, but when I stop my knights from harassing the heroes, you had better be ready, because they will come swiftly to wake the dragons. Since there are five dragon aspects, we do not expect you to get to them all, we have prepared to fight at most two of them. Pack your things, you start in the morning.?

TAG: Zedd

13. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Princess Valanthequi

North Rahnk; Eastern Portion; Remote Temple

Valanthequi took all of the information in and grinned. She noted that the Draconian Gods could be killed rather easily, seeing as she would have to be of Draconian Ancestry to wake them from their eternal sleep. She smirked slightly and turned her eyes to the clerics and paladins of Gruumsh.

"My trident and the power of Yeathan behind my spells is all that I need. If you truly wish for these Dragons to be destroyed, I will leave now, and you will provide me with the means to reach them."

Valanthequi stood before the paladins, hoping that they would indeed understand that any job worth doing, is worth doing right away.

14. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    OOC: I'll take Homte'Sa

IC: Shino Nailo

The town was filled with all sorts of vermin, many looked like they would try to kill you. For Shino though this was his crowd, he was welcomed by the atmosphere. He grew up in this place and visited often. As he walked down the street he was stared in the eyes by a large orc, he stared back straight back with all his hate and made the orc look away in fear.

He eventually came to a pub were he entered and sat down at the counter." What'll it be?" said the bartender," A shot of whiskey" he said in reply. He soon had his drink, he poured some poison in it and swirled it around, heloved the taste. He drank it down and asked for several more and put poison in each one. He then sat there wondering when he might get his next job, he needed money.

Tag: Whoever

15. ColdFire

Jan 6, 2006

Orion thought he could come to appreciate this man who knelt before the dragon. At least he wasn't in it for the money, but what was his motivator? Honor? Honor was well and good when telling the other nobles how good you are, but mattered little in battle and death.

Orion turned on his heel and walked out. If they were to be leaving in the morning, Orion would need to restock his supplies. He stepped outside and found the horse right where he had left him. Orion steps up and starts rummaging through the pack saddle, taking inventory of what supplies remained, and what condition the rest of his gear was in.

TAG

16. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003

Aleric walked around the castle thinking of what lied ahead of him. He thought the castle was beautiful. The way the half-dragons viewed life were much different than what he had come from.

Aleric walked out of a door and saw the warrior that had also turned down the reward of the task they were given. He was looking for supplies. Aleric walked up to him and rested on the horse.

"It seems like this task could test us more than anything we have ever done."

Aleric looked at Orion.

"My name is Orion, I am from Exold."

Tag: Orion

17. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006
    OOC: I'll apologize in advance for the length of this post, but I won't have much time to write for a couple of days, so I thought I might as well give Varn an occupation so he isn't left hanging. This post has to do with Varn's character development, and primarily the particulars of his past. If you go ahead and read it all, thank you for taking the time. If not, can't say I blame you. ;)

Get stuff? What stuff? Varn's worldly possessions which he was not wearing or carrying had been left at an inn known as The Last Gasp. While the worthy locale in question might have had a perfectly innocent reason for its rather ominous moniker, it was actually a well-known den of thieves. And while the name Varn Jetel usually kept grasping hands away, his capture would have loosed all of those boundries. Therefore, Varn was undoubtedly a pauper.
    So, with nothing much to do, the outlaw wended his way through the streets of the Half-Dragon city. Occasionally, he would stop at one booth or another to look at the goods, and naturally, some very tempting purses presented themselves at these times, but his heart really wasn't in thieving at the moment; Varn felt, for a man utterly convinced he had just consigned himself to a rather bad time, strangely light of spirits.
    Varn strode casually down the wending lanes, glorying in his sunny mood, which happened to correspond perfectly with the loveliness of the day. He spent his last remaining gold coins on a haversack and some essentials at a nearby shop, and continued on his way.
    He was in the action of examining a sword presented him by a blacksmith (Varn had no money, but it was pleasant to pretend he did, and thus examine some of the merchandise. The blade in question was ill-balanced, but this could be compensated for by a rebinding of the hilt with metal rather than wood), when he caught sight of an old woman in argument with a young man beside a stall.
    Varn was rather annoyed; he had pleased himself that he was inhabiting a fairly angelic land, and turmoil and strife seemed to belie this. So, naturally, he strode over the the stall.
    "My money!" the young man was shouting. Varn casually nicked a coin from his purse, and presented it to him with great ceremony. "Here you are, mate," the outlaw said calmly.
    The old woman stumped over as soon as the young man's back was turned. "Thankee kindly, sirrah," she said in a rather harsh voice, as though she had a bad cold. She had a browned and wrinkled face, surrounded by a mass of wispy white hair.
    "Don't mention it," Varn replied with his token grin, and was about to walk away, the anomaly to this happy place disposed of, when the old woman seized his upper arm in a surprisingly strong grip.
    "Come and dine with me, sirrah?" she asked.
    This was rather more than Varn had bargained for, so he tried to escape without spoiling his good mood. "Ah...no, not right now, old mother. I'll just nip off over here...got a pressing engagement..."
    "I insist," said the old woman firmly. Varn rolled his eyes heavenward, but was enjoying the day too much to spoil it by a point-blank refusal. He therefore allowed himself to be shepherded down a few back streets to a meager, but neat, little cottage with a thatched roof.
    Varn cast a somewhat disparaging glance over the woman's dwelling, but offered no protest. The interior of the hut was cool and shady after the heat of the day. The room in which Varn found himself was a sort of live-in kitchen, with a rough table, a washing tub, a rocker, and a crudely carved stool. A second doorway at the side led off to another room, presumably where the occupant of the cottage slept.
    The old woman bustled about, pulling out bread, cheese, fruit, and water in a surprisingly short amount of time. She took the rocker, so Varn settled himself onto the (rather uncomfortable) stool.
    They ate in silence for a moment, then Varn, who felt for some reason an urge to make conversation, said, holding up a piece of bread, "Is this what you were trying to stea

18. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    IC: GM

One of the paladins gave a quick whistle and a hard galloping sound started for them. "Yes, Valenthequi," The stallion came around the corner, but it was no ordinary stallion, it's mane and hooves were flames, and it's eyes glowed orange. "This is Orun, he is a Nightmare Steed, he will take you where you need to go."

Nightmare
    He handed the reigns over to the lady and stood to the side.

The cleric then came from behind him, "Go now, Arnlaug...Swift as the black winds."

TAG: Zedd

19. ColdFire

Jan 6, 2006
    OOC: I'm going to assume you typoed in that last part of your post and meant to put your own character's name and not mine. Unless you are up to something.

When the man came and leaned on Orion's horse, the horse swung his head around to look. Orion caught the animal's eye and gave a barely perceptable shake of his head, and the horse opted to sidestep away from the man rather than do whatever he was thinking. When the horse sidestepped away, Orion stayed where he was and turned to the other man.

"I am called Orion, I hail from no land in particular, but I go where I am needed." Orion indicated his horse. "His name is Desperado, and he's not entirely tame. So I would be wary of getting too comfortable with him when I'm not around."

TAG

20. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Princess Valanthequi

North Rahnk; Eastern Portion; Remote Temple

Valanthequi's eyes widened as she was appraoched by the Nightmare steed. She had heard of them, many of which served as steeds for blackguards and other characters of ill repute. This was truly an honor of itself.

"Orun, eh?" The elven princess queried, walking around the steed, hopping aboard the saddle in a graceful leap. She took the reigns, as the black horse was indeed quite tame. Perhaps trained to suit such diabolical riders.

"I shall not return until my task is done. Onward Orun! Onward to chaos, destruction, and anarchy!" Valanthequi yelled as she clicked her tongue and took off at break-neck speeds towards the lands where the mighty Dragon Gods waited for her to kill them...

21. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    OOC:eek:ops! Yea i meant to type my characters name.

IC Aleric

Aleric got off of the horse after he was made aware that the horse was rather unpredictable.

"Indeed, as do I. I have yet to find my purpose but perhaps this quest will give me one. I am not quite sure what this task has in store for us but I am sure that we will find it will be nothing easy."

Aleric looked into the sky pondering what could happen if he failed this task and died without being remembered.

Tag: Orion/Any

22. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    OOC: Since the evil side is going quicker than i thought, i decided to start this a lttle earlier. Sorry for this being so long, but i like to be descriptive... If you want a shortened version only read the highlighted paragraphs. Also, I apologize for giving the half-dragon prince such a dificult name to pronounce, but it is actual draconic.

IC: Kepesksveargith

Kepesksveargith was almost finished with his daily walk of the city, which ussually ended relatively late. He was still extremely concerned with what his father was doing leaving the country in a time of war, or soon to be anyway. They wouldn't take him away at this important a time. he thought to himself. He quickened his pace, he was almost to his destination, the Champions of Io, as silent an inn as you could find in this city, but they served some of the best Dragonbrew in the country. He could already see it in his sights, then something caught his eye. His eye's were like those of a hawk, and he slowed to a silent stride. The streets had been deserted only a half-hour ago.

He could hear screeching from his sides, how? he said to himself, knowing what was in the city. He tightened his grip on his sword, which had a very odd blade. It's edge was on the wrong side, or so people thought when they saw it. It was a reverse-blade sword, Kepesksveargith had made a pact with Bahamut. In exchange, Kepesksveargith could not kill unless it was direly needed.

Knowing that the Orcs would follow him wherever he went, he stopped meters outside the door of the inn. He unlocked the blade of his weapon from it's grip in the sheath. He took a stance that placed his body extremely close to the earth. His Hair blew in the smal wind, then he saw figures form in the dark alley across the street, and above him on the shorter buildings. One of these figures droped off and landed on the ground twenty feet, at most, away from the Half-Dragon. This figure and all the others appeared to be orcish. The figures each shared one thing in common. They wore patches over their left eyes. Kepesksveagith knew what this meant, they were elite Orc warriors, they were the Eye's Of Gruumsh.

Years ago, Kepesksveagith's father had fought a war against these people, and he had lost his brother. Kepesksveargith was an infant when his uncle was slaughtered by an Eye of Gruumsh. And his whole family had a distinct, and known hatred for the orcs.

Without pause the Orc leader stepped forward and spoke, "Come Princeling, it is time for you to meet your death." He waited for a responce, but none came, "What little half-dragon, scared? We killed your Uncle, why shouldn't you be scared of us. Too bad, Seichi was a great warrior, if only he was an orc. I am one of the veterans from that war, I saw his death." The orc had now begun mocking the royal family, "He begged for mercy from our lord. Hah! He almost started crying. Now, beg for mercy from me, and i may not kill you." Now what the orc had done was unforgiveable.

Kepesksveargith shifted into an offensive stance, "Your lucky." Is all that he said before he moved.

"What? I didn't hear you." said the orc leader in wonder.

As quick as a fox, the half-dragon charged the orc leader in a bee-line. From behind the leader seven more orcs came...quickly they surounded him, but already he had knocked one unconscious without drawing the blade. He jumped and used he momentum from one of the orcs to drive himself onto the roof of the inn. Now he drew the blade, and it shined ferosciously with an orange glow. He stood there, the orcs still on the ground level.

The Prince walked to the edge of the roof, "I said your lucky."

Kepesksveargith jumped off the roof and did an acrobatic spin in mid air, and threw his blades sheath at orc closest to him, the orc fell unconscious before the pain set in. Landing back in the middle of the Orcs he kicked one of them in the chest, nocking the air out of him. He felt a prickle on his side, and noticed

23. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Varn, who had been preparing to become thoroughly drunken, was startled by the sudden apperance of the Half-Dragon, who hastily handed him an arrow, and instructions to the others.
    To everyone he met, Varn said the following: "Mate, there's been a change of plans. Meet me and the Half-Dragon Prince in a half hour at the city gate."

TAG: Others

24. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003

Aleric was talking to Orion when he saw Varn, he was running as if something bad was happening. Suddenly the city alarm bells started ringing.

Varn came up to them and said "Mate, there's been a change of plans. Meet me and the Half-Dragon Prince in a half hour at the city gate."

Before Aleric could ask what was going on Varn took off to go tell the others the plan.

"Well I guess we should get going then. Aleric walked over and picked up his supply bag and threw it over his shoulders. He than began walking towards the gate.

Tag: Orion/All

25. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006
    OOC: Woops, sorry. I just realized that I had Varn tell the others to meet in "a half hour", where it should have been an hour. [face_blush] .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.