1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Warriors of Legend: Part 1

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Pheonix_Rising, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2005
    star 3
    IC: GM

    The combined attmept to end the Dragons unlife had only succeeded in angering it. Although they had gotten rid of the beasts breath weapon, It still had extremely sharp claws on his feet.

    Using this to his advantage, The dragon Quickly snatches up Kepesksveargith in one clawed hand, and Orion in the other. Pinning them both against the walls of the cavern, he swings his tail around and tries to hit the other three.
    ---------------------
    IC: Kepesksveargith

    Kepesksvergith didn't see it coming until it was too late, The dragon had him, and was attempting to squeeze the life out of him. Kepesksveargith maes his hands into fist, and the bracers around his wrist glow with a hint of white, then he let's his fury channel through his muscles. The once-mighty red dragon stands no chance against the Princeling. Cupping his hands together, Kepesksveargith slams down on the dragons claws, the sound of bones crushing is heard throughout the cavern, and Kepesksveargith falls loose, and parts of the dragons claw falls with him. He looks over to the other claw to see Orion in a predicament much the same.

    TAG: ALL


    OOC-GM: After much thinking, I have decided that there is not enough interest in the evil side of this game, so i will be stopping it. I welcome all the evil characters to PM me another character that would work for the good side, and I will work with you to introduce your character. If there are any questions I would be happy to answer them.
  2. ColdFire Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 6, 2006
    star 1
    Orion

    The hunter has only the slightest warning before the claw snatches him up and pins him against the wall. The blow knocks the wind out of him, and when he gets it back, he does something unexpected. He starts laughing... In an instant he disappears from the claw's grasp and appears in the ribcage next to Dawn. He grins as he grabs hold of the enchanted blade and wrests it from the spine, bring another shriek and round of thrashing from the beast.

    TAG
  3. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    ***GM APPROVED***

    Character Sheet
    Name: Gabriel Ruhntide
    Race: Human Hlaf-breed (Mother was Drow, Father was an unnamed Human king)
    Alignment: Unknown (Ranger, so naturally leans toward good)
    Deity: None
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 234
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Dirty Blone, Long, shaby
    Skin: White
    Weapons: Twin Swords, Bow and Arrow on back, Various small knives and whatnot
    Armor: Light, Shin protection, very very light mail vest under robes
    Other Items: Various minor potions
    Major Skills: Swordsmanship (one of the best warriors in the lands), Hunting, Drow ability to cast a Globe of complete darkness over a small area, can "sense" danger sometimes
    Minor Skills: Tracking, Politics, Philosophy, Pretty good shot with bow
    Status in society: Ranger

  4. ScaPaCamem Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 10, 2003
    star 4
    IC Aleric

    Aleric looks upon the dragon who now holds Orion in his grasp, and tries to think what he should do. Suddenly the dragon swings it's might tail knocking Aleric right into the wall. He saw no spot in this mighty beast that if hit would bring it down, except maybe his head. Aleric quickly ran over to the the beast, hoping this move would not get him killed, but if he didn't do something Orion may die.

    Aleric ran around to the back of the beast, who was still ferociously swinging his tail. Aleric leapt onto the creatures back and began to climp. He used the spine almost as a ladder. The weight of the mighty warhammer was tireing him out. Finally he reached the creatures shoulder. He would have to do this quick if he didn't want to get thrown off. In one quick motion he jumped on the creatures shoulders, drew back his hammer and smashed it right against the side of his skull. THe creature cried in pain and fury and shook Aleric off.

    Tag:All
  5. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Varn Jetel

    The dragon, it transpired, did not appreciate being struck in the slightest. It caught both Orion and Kepes in its great claws, and slammed them viciously into the walls. Both warriors, however, quickly escaped, and attacked again.
    Varn dodged left and right, considering various openings, a number of possible of attack sequences, several different theories on where he could hurt the dragon the most, a few wild plans, and all the while racking his brains in an attempt to remember all that he knew or had once known about fighting with a mace. Funny what raw adrenalin can do to the brain.
    The dragon was roaring and lashing its tail back and forth with enough force to crush the stone walls. Aleric was climbing up its back. The others were dodging about, trying to do as much damage as possible (while avoiding being crushed).
    Aleric struck down on the creature's skull, and leaped free. The dragon was distracted. Varn saw his opening, and an almost suicidal daring took hold of him. He raced forward, narrowly missed a claw that would have torn him in half, caught onto a flailing wing-tip, and was swiftly borne upwards.
    Varn screamed, half in exhilaration, half in fear. He must be absolutely insane. Then again, what sort of news was that? At the top of his arc, he released the wing, seized onto the snout with his left hand (in the nostril. Varn would be mildly disgusted in a moment), and swung down with all of his built-up momentum directly to the creature's throat, hoping to crush it's windpipe.
    The dragon's bellows were cut off in a sharp whump. Varn struck three more times, but the dragon's eyes had gone red with anger and an over-riding desire: kill Varn Jetel. It snapped wildly with its jaws, trying to get a hold on it's tormentor, all the while breathing raggedly through it's ruined throat. It seemed a bit disoriented; perhaps Aleric's stroke had done some damage.
    Varn, now swinging like a rag doll from the creature's snout, decided to let go. He was hurled across the room, and landed in a stack of jems with an almighty crash. The outlaw's breath came out in a whoosh as he lost his wind. The mace flew in another direction, thunking loudly against the wall before clattering down onto the treasure.

    TAG: Any
  6. ColdFire Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 6, 2006
    star 1
    Orion

    Orion was having the time of his life, but all good things must come to an end. Intoning the command word, Dawn and Dusk seemed to blur and meld together, and after a moment, a single sword remained in Orion's hands, twice as large as either Dawn or Dusk alone. Twilight. The true form of the two blades. Measuring at near six and a half feet, the weapon looked like a larger form of the two smaller swords. The hilt seemed to be made of a black stone, wrapped in black leather. The pommel contained a cobalt blue gem, a perfect sphere that seemed to reflect the twilight sky. The crossguard was triangular shaped and just widened a few inches off to either side of the blade, just enough to catch a sword that slid down the blade or to keep the user's hand from slipping onto the blade. And the blade... Made from a strange metal, the blade seemed to be black at first glance, until the observer realized it was in fact a very deep blue.

    With Twilight in his hands, Orion vanished and reappeared a few feet over the forehead of the beast. As he dropped he raised Twilight over his head and shouted "CHECKMATE!" before slamming the weapon into the skull of the skeleton. Just as the magical sword made contact, it emitted a blinding flash of light, and half of the skull disintigrated. The entire skeleton shuddered and started falling apart, and within moments all that remained was a pile of bones on the floor.

    Orion landed nimbly on the ground, separating and sheathing the blades. "Is anyone dead?"

    TAG
  7. ScaPaCamem Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 10, 2003
    star 4
    IC Aleric

    Aleric looked atr amazement at Orion and felt like with the skill shown by Orion and Kepes he was no longer neccessary. Aleric knew that these two warriors would complete the task ahead of them and there names would be written in history books for years to come.

    Quietly without saying goodbye, Aleric turned and walkd towards the exit of the cave. Off to find somewhere else that he would make a difference, for this was not his calling and he had just realized this.

    Tag:All

    OOC: Guys i'm gonna pull out. I think the game is great but just feel a little overwhelmed with the skill that ColdFire and Phoenixs' character have. It just makes me feel like my character isn't doing to much good, lol. Good luck guys! I'll continue to read the rpg to see where the story goes!
  8. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Varn Jetel

    "Is anyone dead?" Orion asked.

    "Still deciding, mate," Varn groaned from his stack of wealth. Slowly, painfully, the outlaw got to his feet. Glancing over himself, Varn nodded. "Apparently not."

    TAG: Others.

    OOC: Sorry to hear that, ScaPaCamem; I thought your posts were very good. I can, however, see where you're coming from with the power thing, Varn Jetel being pretty much absolutely normal thus far. By the way, everyone, please ignore everything I wrote that featured the dragon as a living creature rather than an undead monstrosity. I was blasting through posts, trying to keep my characters going while being extremely busy in real life, and I completely blanked some of the essential details. [face_blush]
  9. Jango313 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 4
    Logan

    The dragon was finally defeated. Logan, threw the heavy sword away from him. He sighed as the great weight left him.

    "Is anyone dead?", he heard Orion ask.

    "Nah," Logan responded. "Still breathing."

    TAG: All
  10. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Varn Jetel

    Varn stretched a few times, took a few gulps of air, and let out a sigh of relief. The thief stalked over toward a likely looking stack of gems, removing his pack as he did so. Varn swiftly filled a few drawstring bags with the finest gold coins he could find, and then ran the treasure through his fingers, searching for fine pieces, like a man panning...well, for gold.
    "I hope no one minds my liberties with our dear departed friend's belongings," said Varn calmly, casting a glance back at the fallen skeleton, "but I'm a bit low in funds."
    The outlaw selected a jeweled spear with a longish blade, considered it for a moment, tapping a diamond on the haft, and tossed it carelessly back onto the pile. He picked up a large silver medallion covered in runes, turned it over a few times, and threw the chain around his neck, tucking it inside his shirt. Into his satchel went about five flawless emeralds, a number of throwing knives, two lustrous pink pearls, a coiled chain whip, and many other varied but universally valuable items, none especially heavy or cumbersome, but all with significant market value (or in the case of the weapons, perfect balance).
    Tucking a last few oddments into his pockets, Varn stood, slinging the Wovatone blade and a large one-edged saber across his back. The iridescent ruby sheath of the former had been wrapped in strips torn from one of the outlaw's ragged blankets, as had the jeweled hilt.
    Clapping his hands together, Varn glanced around the chamber. "Now, where are we off to next?"

    TAG: Kepes, any.
  11. ColdFire Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 6, 2006
    star 1
    "I hope no one minds my liberties with our dear departed friend's belongings," said Varn calmly, casting a glance back at the fallen skeleton, "but I'm a bit low in funds."

    "Nope, go ahead, you earned this. Unlike with those stable hands." Orion replies. Having no need of wealth himself, Orion casts his eye around looking for any useful items. Nothing caught his eye. Letting out a whistle he lets Desparado know that it was safe to enter. The horse came walking in, avoiding the pile of bones.

    Just remember that we have a long way to go, so don't load yourselves down too much." Orion told the others.

    TAG
  12. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Kepesksveargith

    Calming himself down after the adrenaline rush, Kepesksveagirht resumes his normal attitude. Walking over to the rest of the group, he sheaths his sword and places it at his side.

    "Don't worry about that right now, you two can split it up. I will have someone come for it." Motioning the others to follow him, he walks over to the pile of bones that was once the skull of the dragon. He bends over and picks up the orbs that were once the skeletal dragons eyes. Still they glow with a faint ruby tint. "These will be useful when speaking with the Silver."

    Then het set's off to the other side of the cavern, where a large ser of stairs is. When he arives, he starts up them.

    TAG: Everyone Else
  13. ColdFire Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 6, 2006
    star 1
    Orion

    Orion motions his horse to follow, then follows after Kepesksveargith. When he hits the stairs, Desperado stops and looks at him. The horse doesn't like stairs, and for good reason. While horses can walk up stairs, they don't have such a good time walking down them. "C'mon." Orion says. "There is an Aspect at the other end of this, I'm sure we can get him to teleport you back down here, or all the way back to Fiersport for that matter."

    Desperado just kept looking at him, obviously not convinced. "Fine, you can wait here, and hang around for whatever critters show up to try and loot the treasure." Orion told him. It was a bluff, Orion doubted anything was going to check and see if the skeleton was gone anytime soon, but the horse didn't know that.

    That convinced him. Desperado started up the steps, walking as if it was his own idea all along. Orion started walking too, staying just ahead of him and behind Kepesksveargith.

    TAG
  14. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Varn Jetel

    Varn strode lightly across the chamber, hopping over shields (some depressingly scarred and broken), and made his way toward the staircase. Ahead, Orion was apparently having an argument with his horse, who eventually conceded the point and climbed the stairs. Varn followed the pair after a moment with light, springing steps. The outlaw whistled fragments of a cheery tune as he stepped upwards, spinning his knives idly around his fingers.

    TAG: Any, none.
  15. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Kepesksveargith

    Kepesksveargith glided up the stairs, as if he was not touching the floor. Unhindered by the height of the stairwell, or the lack of oxygen near the top. When they did finally reach the top, they came into a chamber, full of silver peices, the floor was a solid bronze marble, coated in a thin layer of frost.

    In the middle of the Chamber stands a lone man, or an elf as Kepesksveargith realizes. Motioning for the others to follow him, he grips the floor with his feet and walks towards the man.

    "Lo' Guardian, I am Prince Kepesksveargith, of Montrophy. Son of King Damodred, the Bronze-Skin. I am come to wake the Aspect."

    TAG: MASTERPRENN
  16. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Varn Jetel

    Kepes easily mounted the stairs, despite the cold and thinner air. Varn, on the other hand, was soon gasping for a breath that seemed unlikely to be found, drawing his cloak around him to keep off the chill. At last, they leveled off. The thief stepped out, slid slightly, regained his balance, and stood off to the side, hands on knees.

    "Lo' Guardian, I am Prince Kepesksveargith, of Montrophy. Son of King Damodred, the Bronze-Skin. I am come to wake the Aspect," said Kepes to the single figure in the center of the room.

    Varn waited for the figure's reply, drawing the hood of his cloak up and standing to his full height.

    TAG: MASTERPRENN, any.
  17. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Gabriel Ruhntide


    The drow looked upon the travlers, and smiled. He knew this time was coming, but he never expected it to be this soon. As they walked up, the ranger chanted the words he had been trained to say, long ago.

    "Greetings young prince, I am the guardian of the words of awakening. The words you need to wake the Aspects. You shall have the words, but first you must answer a riddle. If, having only one match, on a freezing winter day, you entered a room which contained a lamp, a kerosene heater, and a wood burning stove, which should you light first."

    Gabriel did not add that he would be joining them on this sacred mission, but he could inform them of that fact latter.

    TAG: All
  18. ColdFire Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 6, 2006
    star 1
    IC: Orion

    Orion was unbothered by the thin air at the top of the stairs, and flat out ignored the cold. He could see Desperado was having some problems, but the horse was almost as stubborn as he was and tried not to let it show. Perhaps it would have been better to leave him in the chamber.

    The man at the top seemed to be a guardian, there to tell them the words that would awaken the aspects. This was good, what was not very good was the fact that the method of security was a riddle. Not that it really mattered, if it wasn't a riddle it was a hall of traps or a guardian beast. Orion supposed the reasoning behind it is that only the strongest and therefore most worthy people would get to whatever it was that was being guarded. The problem there is that the strongest are not always the ones the items are intended for.

    "Go ahead Varn, I'm sure you can figure out this riddle." Orion said with a smirk.

    TAG: Varn, others
  19. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Varn Jetel

    "Go ahead Varn, I'm sure you can figure out this riddle," said Orion with a smirk.

    Varn shrugged, and replied (past his chattering teeth), "Maybe, maybe not. For instance, mate, I have no clue what a...Kare-oh-seen heater is." The outlaw shivered. "But since nobody else wants to chance a guess, let's get this over with." He turned to the elf, and said conversationally, "Right, bucko, barring kindling for the woodstove, I'd have to say the candle, or whatever you called it, the lamp. That way, you could get a good fire going to light the other two before your match went out." Varn rubbed his hands together unconsciously, as though warming himself at an imaginary fire. Heat was rather on the thief's mind, and he very much hoped this riddle was a prelude to an actual woodstove and kerosene heater, whatever the devil that was.

    TAG: Gabriel, Orion, others.

  20. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Kepesksveargith

    Kepesksveargith had no Idea what a Kerosene heater was, he had no idea what a Kerosene was. He had no real trouble asking though. Stepping up after Varns guess he speaks.

    "Do you really think this is necessary, I think your making these things up, whats a Kerosene?"

    Kepesksveargith had heard tales of Elves in the forest that had advanced their technologies faster than most others, but he didn't even think they existed.

    TAG: MASTERPRENN
  21. ColdFire Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 6, 2006
    star 1
    IC: Orion

    Varn's guess wasn't bad, but Orion doubted that was the guess the man wanted. Orion had an idea of what the answer was, kerosene heater or no. But maybe he would let the others still have a crack.

    "Hey Logan, you want to hazard a guess?" Orion asked. The man had been quiet, as theives often are, not wanting to draw attention to themselves. Varn seemed more the con-man type thief, who would rob you blind with his left hand while his right hand was keeping you occupied.

    TAG: Logan, others
  22. Jango313 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 4
    Logan

    Logan raised an eyebrow to Orion.

    "Match," he answered quietly.

    TAG: All
  23. ColdFire Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 6, 2006
    star 1
    IC: Orion

    "Indeed." Orion answers to Logan. Then turns his attention to Gabriel. "I agree with him. One would first light the match."

    TAG: any/all/you in the back.
  24. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Varn Jetel

    Varn smiled. He'd overthought the riddle, as usual. He turned back to Gabriel.
    "That makes sense, mate. Now, is there anything else, or can we get moving?" The outlaw shivered.

    TAG: Gabriel
  25. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2005
    star 3
    GM: MASTERPRENN is posting VERY slowly, so i will play his character until he starts up again.

    IC: Kepesksveargith & Gabriel

    Gabriel looked at each of them, turned, then walked away to a small alcove. There he lights a small lantern and reveals a door, made of Platinum Scales. There, he turns to the party, "You are correct, the match must be lit first, without the match lit, you cannot light any of the others...I knew i should have made it harder. This way please."

    Kepesksveargith follows the young man through the door, into a chamber where it was much warmer, but something felt...odd, As Kepesksveargith looks down, he notices there is no floor. Kneeling down he finally realizes that there is an invisible bridge.

    Before the party, there is no more mountains, and they know they are at the peak. As they look out, they can see that there is a small shimmer wherever the invisible bridge is, and from what it looks like, the bridge leads to a cloud, maybe two or three miles away.

    Kepesksveargith looks back at the others, "Last one across is getting shoved of the bridge." He smiles, "And Orion, no cheating." and starts of at a considerable pace.

    TAG: All
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.