1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Warriors of Legend: Part 1

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Pheonix_Rising, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdFire Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: Orion

Orion flops back down on the travois behind Desperado. "If you don't want me to cheat you better tell me the rules."

He is obviously talking to the horse when he says, "Just follow behind the guy in front of you, we wouldn't want to fall off." Then Desperado starts walking forward, fast enough to keep up with Kepeskveargith, but not fast enough to overtake him. There is a wide gap between the half dragon and the horse, and the horse doesn't seem to want to close it.

TAG: You're it.
  2. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Varn Jetel

Varn gulped. "Aha..." muttered the outlaw to himself, looking down at the long drop. "...yes, well, this is just perfect...I always wanted to jump off a...bloody...mountain."
    He looked down, his fertile imagination glimmering with life. How he would step forward. The sudden shock of meeting nothing, like missing a stair. His frantic arm-motions to try to save himself...the sudden surge of air as he overbalanced and fell...down, down, down, outstripping his own wild screams, until...CRRRRUNCH! He would hit a jutting rock, and go bouncing down the mountain side like a ragdoll...Varn winced. He wasn't exactly afraid of heights, but this was ridiculous. But he had to go on.
    The outlaw waved his arms back and forth a few times, as though about to dive from a springboard. He jutted his leg out stiffly, closed his eyes, and stepped forward onto the oddly shimmering air. His boot struck heartily, with a sharp clap. The thief's eyes snapped open, he glanced around, and finally breathed a heavy sigh of relief. Varn Jetel stepped smartly forward and followed the others up toward the distant cloud.

TAG: Any
  3. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    IC: Gabriel Ruhntide

The half-drow chuckled as the group started to walk on the invisible bridge. It was a bridge Gabriel had walked many times, yet he himself was not totally use to walking on air. As they neared the cloud, he turned around.

"I now bring you to what you have come for. Though I must say...If none of you have draconic blood, you have come in vain."

Gabriel looked around expectantly. He knew of course that one would come foward, becuase that was the sole reason they were here. And whoever had sent them certianly must have known what was in store. He turned around agian, this time pointed to a sleeping dragon. "I beleive this is what you came for..."

TAG: All
  4. Jango313 Jedi Master

star 4
    Logan

Well this was certainly an odd experience. Logan looked down at the abyss below him, but yet he wasn't falling. Logan followed the others towards the cloud. When the reached it, he saw a sleeping dragon. Logan watched as the behemoth slept.

"I beleive this is what you came for..."

Logan kept his eyes on the dragon, it was rather a nice sight. Logan rarely had seen a dragon. The last being the one they had just dueled.

5. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

star 3
    GM: Kepesksveargith, and Hooded Figure.

As they came upon the sleeping dragon, Kepesksveargith's heart skipped a beat, this dragons had taught him most of what he knew of history, and now it slept an 'eternal' sleep.

The Half-Dragon prince stepped forward at the call for draconic blood, "It would be me, I am Kepesksveargith, Prince of this realm, grandson of the great bronze dragon Dariustanixul." He said this with a proud atmosphere.

As the five men stood around, another appeared in front of them, a whirl of cherry blossoms appearing with him. The man made a slight gesture, and the once proud prince was on his knee's holding his throat.

"I will not let you wake him, young one...you are not prepared for what you will meet."

Kepesksveargith finally let his throat go and fell to the ground, unconscious. Then the figure pulled out two curved short swords. Making another gesture, he threw the half-dragon off the side of the bridge, "Any of you make another move, and you will suffer a similar fate...Orion, nice to see you again." The figures face was completely enveloped in darkness, and only part of his hands showed, but from what anyone could see they were scaled, and blue.

TAG: Everyone.

star 1

One moment Orion was lounging on the back of the Travois, the next he disappeared. Then reappeared a second later holding Kepesksveargith. He laid the half-dragon on the travois, then stepped forward towards the cloaked figure. He stopped about 10 paces away, far enough to get a reaction if the guy attacked.

"I'm sorry, you are going to have to jog my memory. See, I've beat the snot out of so many guys in black cloaks that it is hard to keep them straight." The only reason Orion wasn't fighting this one yet is because he wants to know who he is. Scaled blue hands only give him so much of a clue. And the cherry blossoms, that seemed familiar, where has he seen this man before?

TAG: Hooded man, others
  7. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

star 2

As Kepes fell, Varn went for his sword. Unfortunately, the oddball in the tragically outdated cloak was ready for this, raising his hand, and stating, "Any of you make another move, and you will suffer a similar fate...Orion, nice to see you again."

Varn shifted uneasily, placing himself in between Orion and the hooded guy, keeping one in either eye. How did Orion know these men? Was he a traitor? If so, this could get messy.

Fortunately, Orion's next words seemed to cross off that possibility. Varn reluctantly relinquished his grip on his sword hilt. "And while we're at it, bucko my lad, why don't you tell us where we are? I love what you've done with the decorum, and the walk was just lovely, too." Varn's face took on a rather pained expression. "And why'd you have to do that to our fearless leader? Bit touchy."

TAG: Hooded Guy, Orion, others.
  8. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

star 3
    GM: Hooded Figure

The hooded figure looked at the two men, they seemed not to like him very much.

"I'm sorry, you are going to have to jog my memory. See, I've beat the snot out of so many guys in black cloaks that it is hard to keep them straight."

"You don't remember me?" The Hooded figure took it's hand and revealed her face, and spoke..."And I've been hunting you ever since you killed me. Fortunately, there are gods that want you dead as much as I do. It's been a long time...Since you became what you are."

She made another gesture, and Orion could feel the blood circulation to his brain starting to stop. Then she turned her gaze on Varn, "You moved, and I specifically told you not to." There was a movement out of the corner of her eye as she flicked her wrist and threw varn over the edge.

"You know Orion, it's a long ways down, it'll probably take him a good two or three minutes or so before he hits." The movement out of the corner of her eye went again, and she noticed a metallic sheen jump off the bridge.

TAG: Everyone.
  9. Jango313 Jedi Master

star 4
    Logan

Kepes fell off the edge, Varn was thrown over the edge, and Orion looked as though he was suffering. Logan knew all too well right now not to move. He made no reaction to what was happening. Logan looked at the woman in the cloak. She was someone not to be trifled with. He made sure he did not make any sudden movements. Logan looked at the woman, she seemed to be looking towards the bridge, Logan saw this as a chance to strike, he unsheathed Lupin and charged at the woman with the swiftness of the wind, he swung the sword at her.

TAG: Pheonix, All

10. ColdFire Jedi Knight

star 1

It was her. He couldn't believe it. The moment she took off the hood, he remembered. Her skin was covered in those blue scales, and her voice was different, but he knew her as if she had been with him all of these years. Varn was pushed off of the edge, Orion didn't care. She was here, and a great wound inside of him had opened up again.

The blood to his brain had begun to slow, adding to the confusion. "You're alive. I never knew. I have tried so hard, tried to atone." He was growing lightheaded. "How can I atone? Is there any way?"

TAG: Unhooded figure.
  11. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

star 3
    GM: Unhooded Woman, Kepesksveargith

"You're alive. I never knew. I have tried so hard, tried to atone." He was growing lightheaded. "How can I atone? Is there any way?"

"Hah! you think I care, I have been hunting you for well over half of my life...I will not let your sin's escape my grasp now." The woman laughed, then saw the other man come at her from the opposite diection, "Foolish mortal."

The woman didn't see the blade come at first. It cut a gash in her arm as she tried to dodge it. Successfully she avoided a complete blow. She looked at the man, "How dare you!" The she backed up a bit and her eye's glazed over.

"Orion, I will see you soon...But now, my master calls me." She looks back at Logan, "You are lucky, most do not survive an encounter with one such as myself."

With another whisp of blossoms, the woman was gone.
    TAG: Everyone
    [EDITED]
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kepesksveargith had regained his consciousness, just as the woman had flung Varn off the side. Moving with a speed that was matched by few, he leapt off after the man. Falling at an enormous speed he finally caught sight of Varn. Making himself more Aerodynamic, he said a command word, and the tattoo across his back spread into a mighty pair of draconic wings. As the two of them fell parilously close to the ground, Kepesksveargith grabbed the mans arm and opened his wings.

Moments later, the two arrived on the ground, back at the base of the mountain. Kepesksveargith looked over to the man, "Have you any idea who that was?"
    TAG: Varn
  12. Jango313 Jedi Master

star 4
    Logan

Logan charged at the woman.

"Foolish mortal."

He swung Lupin at her, she dodged. Logan smirked as he felt his sword cut flesh on her arm. Logan stood in front of her waiting for an attack.

"How dare you!" She yelled.

Logan smiled as she took a step back, raising Lupin a bit higher, ready to strike.

"Orion, I will see you soon...But now, my master calls me." She looks back at Logan, "You are lucky, most do not survive an encounter with one such as myself."

She disappeared in a whisp of cherry blossoms, Logan made a small chuckle as he sheathed his sword. He looked at Orion.

"What the hell was that about?" He asked.

TAG: ALL
  13. ColdFire Jedi Knight

star 1

I will not let your sins escape my grasp now."

Her spell was causing his brain to grow weak and slow. Not in all of his life was he this vulnerable. He was dimly aware of Logan attacking her. His strike disrupted her concentration, and the spell grew less. Orion saw clearly again.

He saw what was in front of him. Not the Angel he had known, but a spirit consumed by revenge and given form by the beings of darkness. There was no chance of redemption for that spirit now. Orion looked into her eyes as she disappeared.

"What the hell was that about?" Logan asked.

Turning away from Logan, Orion hesitates before answering. "That was a ghost from my past. One that you are lucky to have survived. And I am lucky as well. Thank you." Orion turns back to Logan. "She caught me by surprise. Next time, I will deal with her."

TAG: Logan
  14. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    IC: Gabriel
    Dragon's Lair

As soon as the figure emerged, the half-drow escaped into the shadows. This would indeed be a good test for this group. If they couldn't handle this gohst, they certianly couldn't handle the trials that they before them. As soon as it was all over, the ranger gaurdian stepped foward.

"You guys did well. I am very impressed, and wish to join your troupe. Now where to go...That is up to our leader to decide..."

15. Jango313 Jedi Master

star 4
    Logan

"That was a ghost from my past. One that you are lucky to have survived. And I am lucky as well. Thank you." Orion turns back to Logan. "She caught me by surprise. Next time, I will deal with her."

"Whatever you say," Logan responded, nonchalantly. "How do you suppose we're gonna get Kepes and Varn back up?"

TAG: Orion
  16. ColdFire Jedi Knight

star 1

"I don't think we need to worry about them. Either Kepesk flies back up with Varn or they walk back up the stairs. All we need to do is wait." Orion looks down and sees Kepesk and Varn standing at the base of the mountain, so far down. Little more than specks from her. "As you've seen I can teleport, but not that far. Nor can I take both of them at once."

Checking out the half-drow, "Well, the more the merrier. What kind of special skills do you have?"

TAG: Logan, Gabriel
  17. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

star 2

Varn lay on the ground, heart pounding, for a moment. "Thanks for that, mate," he croaked out. The thief regained some control of himself, and stood up shakily.

"Have you any idea who that was?" asked Kepes.

Varn shook his head. "Once sorcerer or another is all I know. Ask Orion." The outlaw gazed up at the forms high above. "When we see him again, that is."

TAG: Kepes, others.
  18. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    IC: Gabriel

Gabriel looked at his now team mate.

"Well, I have many...skills. I am a ranger, so I am of course good at tracking and hunting. I have yet to be bested in battle, so I guess we could truthfully count fighting as one of my skills. I can also cast a complete globe on inpenetrable darkness over a small area..."

TAG: Orion, All
  19. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Kepesksveargith

Kepesksvergith looked at Varn, this is gonna suck! "Ok Varn, how do you want to get back up, I can fly. Or we can walk back up the inside?"

Kepesksveargith flexed his wings, it had been years since he had done something that stupid, jumping off of a cloud...

TAG: Varn
  20. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

star 2

"Ok Varn, how do you want to get back up, I can fly. Or we can walk back up the inside?"

Varn shrugged. "Walking would take a while, mate," he replied, but (perhaps noticing the way Kepes was flexing his wings), hastily added, "But if you're feeling at all...er...tired, disoriented, mildly nauseous, or anything like that, we can head for the stairs." Varn watched Kepes carefully. The outlaw was not at all eager to take another trip on the old Down 'n Down.

TAG: Kepes, others.
  21. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

star 3

"Walking would take a while, mate, but if you're feeling at all...er...tired, disoriented, mildly nauseous, or anything like that, we can head for the stairs."

Kepesksveargith decided that it would take too long, "I'll fly us up there, Hold on tight." Flexing his wings one more, he grabs on to varns arm. Bending his legs, as if using a spring, he jumps off the ground and flaps his wings. Much to his confort, the man was lighter than he thought, and his wings more useful.

Minutes later, they finally landed on solid ground, or cloud as it was in this case. Kepesksveargith let go of the man, who had been quite calm on the way up here.

Looking at the dragon in front of them, he noticed that they had landed on the opposite side of the dragon as was the party.

"The others are on the other side of the dragon, go tell them we are safe, and if the woman is still there, yell." Kepesksveargith walked around in the direction of the dragons head.

TAG: Others
  22. ColdFire Jedi Knight

star 1

"I see. Useful skills indeed." Stealth seemed to be a recurring theme to this party. Orion found stealth to be exceedingly useful. It allowed him to choose the time and place he wanted to fight the enemy, unlike what just happened. They needed to wake the dragon now, she wouldn't want to take on an Aspect and Orion, that is for sure.

TAG
  23. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

star 3

As the party waited on the side of the dragon, Kepesksveargith comes from the area around it's head. As he walks forward the large Aspect behind him stirs, and stands up. Looking around, the party can tell that it has no idea what has just gone on, but is not confused.

The aspect looks at the party, and they recieve a curious look from the dragon. Then the aspects gaze shifts to the young half-dragon.

"Kepesksveargith," it says with a wonderful voice, filled with good, "It has been many years since you were under my tutalage."

Kepeskveargith bows low to the Aspect, more of a formality than anything else. "Nymbryxion, it is good to see you again." Kepesksveargith looks happy for the first time since the party has come together.

The dragon once again looks at the party, "I am Nymbryxion, the Dragon Aspect of Loyalty. I have been awakened after many years, would anyone care to indulge me as to the reason of this event?"

TAG: EVERYONE
  24. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

star 2

"I am Nymbryxion, the Dragon Aspect of Loyalty. I have been awakened after many years, would anyone care to indulge me as to the reason of this event?" growled the Dragon.

Varn, now getting somewhat used to dragons, replied quickly. "Reason? Oh, none really. We just decided to head up here, you know, have a few meads while fighting undead monsters, then good ol' Kepes mentioned a friend in the area, and we...ah..." The outlaw ran his eyes up and down the dragon's muscular hide consideringly.

"That is to say, we're on a quest, and we need your help."

TAG: Nymbryxion, others.

OOC: I'll be gone for a while in July, so this might be my last (or rather, second to last) post for a long time. If I have to go before we move off, I'll get rid of Varn's character, at least for a while, with a post just before I leave. ;)
  25. ColdFire Jedi Knight

star 1

Now that Orion was getting used to Varn, he was beginning to find the man's antics amusing. He certainly wasn't afraid to speak his mind. Following Varn's statement, Orion says, "Specifically, this quest deals with a plot by the dark gods to destroy the draconic gods."

That was really all Orion knew. They hadn't really been given any information, just 'The dark gods want to destroy the draconic gods, go wake the aspects.' They hadn't even been given a map as to where to find the draconic aspects. Orion makes a mental note to ask for one from Nymbryxion before they leave.

TAG: Any
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.