main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Warriors of Mythology - Quest for 'Hate'

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Genkaku, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genkaku

Genkaku Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    In a time of gods and goddesses, men walk the Earth in hopes of fame and fortune. There are many heros, and an equal share of villains.. But this story is about much more than fame and fortune, it is about the lives of every single individual on Earth...

Below the depths of Earth itself, the lord of the Underworld plots the destruction of his brothers. Hades plans to use humans to kill Zeus and Poseidon. He believes that he deserves Mount Olympus, as well as the sea. Of course killing a god is almost an impossible thing to do, especially for a mortal man.

Hades believes that there is such a weapon however. It is called ?Hate?. There was a story told long before the time of the gods, it told of a sword used by a great and legendary hero. The hero saved the planet from a certain destruction, but in doing so he lost the will to think on his own, and was taken over by pure evil. They called his sword hate because the hero killed everything in his path. In the end the hero ended up taking his own life, the sword was lost, and became legend.

?Hate? has the power to end the life of a god. Hades now promises any mortal that finds it eternal life. The gods on Mount Olympus become furious and shocked by Hades? actions. The gods cannot wage war against other gods, however they can use mortals, and so they do.

Full-scale war is now inevitable. Every able man and woman now either seek ?Hate? or pledge to the gods to stop ?Hate? from being found.

Ares, the god of war, has found supreme pleasure in all of this and has sided with Hades.

The greatest heros are also being sought out by the gods. Hercules, Achilles, Jason. All are aware of the situation.

Now is the time for new heroes, you will take the role of a character either searching for ?Hate? or protecting the gods. You will determine the outcome of the war.

+ Character Sheet +

name:
    weapon(s):
    god/goddess u pray to:
    appearance:
    history/bio:

+ Rules +

1. Two Character Limit
    2. What GM says goes
    3. Obey the ToS
    4. DON?T PM character sheets. Just post them and I will tell you if anything needs to be changed.
    5. You cant be a god/goddess, or a hero (Hercules, Hector, etc.)

2. SongofDreams

SongofDreams Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2006
    Oh, I LOVE greek myths. I like this rpg alot. Ok here goes.

name: Tietellius
    sex: male
    weapon(s): A hammer of Hephaestus' forge. As well as armor given to Titellius by Hephaestus the god whom he worships, light as a feather and able to stop a minotor.
    god/goddess u pray to: Hephaestus
    appearance: Sturdy, 5"11. Short black hair. Pure black eyes. very strong, but slow.
    history/bio: Tietellius was born by one of Zeus' many escepaids. When Hephaestus saw that this would end in one of Zeus and Hera's endless fights. Hephaestus decided to cover this one up. Hephaestus took the baby Titellius to his island forge and let his servants raise him. Titellius had a nack for forging and was greatly happy when he was allowed to learn from Hephaestus.

3. Morbas_the_scholar

Morbas_the_scholar Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2006
    OOC: this looks like a promising RP, I like it. but then, I love legends of ancient cultures

name:Malechai, also known as The Scholar
    sex: Male
    weapon(s):a large battle axe, he is extremely lopsided, and wields the weapon with his strong right hand
    god/goddess u pray to: Hades
    appearance: he wears a long black cloak and a matching chapeau, his entire body is tattooed with a design that resembles black fire.
    history/bio: Malechai was a priest until he had his own form of "enlightenment" he saw the other priests taking out from the offerings of the faithful and growing fat on their ill gotten gains, when he called attention to it he was thrown from the town as a heretic, and in the wilderness he hunted with a simple hatchet when he thought to himself "If zeus will not help me, hades will." and he swore his soul to hades and was given an incredible strength in his right arm and the tattoos to show him as a bound servant to Hades he is generally good natured and humorous but if hades asks him to, he will kill and slaughter his way to victory, that is why he is looking for "Hate"

4. Fisto_My_Hero

Fisto_My_Hero Jedi Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    + Character Sheet +

name: Rosaiduhn (Ro-Zay-Dun) Belle
    sex: Female
    weapon(s): A sword, bow and arrow
    god/goddess u pray to: Zeus
    appearance: Pale skin, deep red hair, pale green eyes, a dark brown sleeveless tank top, long skirt, boots, a dark brown cloak.
    history/bio: She is sided with Zeus and Poseidon, but yet she doesn't worhip Poseidon, only Zeus. Whatever he might order to be done she will do for the sake of her loyalty to her lord. She knows it will be tuff to get through this war with most everyone being on the opposing side, but she beleives that her god is able to beat this battle.

5. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Here's my character sheet, hope it's ok:

name: Selene, but gives name as Leander
    sex: female
    weapon(s): bow and arrows, short sword
    god/goddess u pray to: Artemis, Apollo
    appearance: short black hair, blue eyes. Wears long light armor. Upper arms are scarred and burned.
    history/bio: Selene's mother wished for her to be a priestess of Artemis, and so named her for the moon. However Selene's mother was killed in a fire when she was young, while she was injured. Growing up with three brothers and her father meant that Selene learnt fighting arts. Now she chooses to present herself as a young man, Leander(meaning "Lion of a man") because she believes that being a girl will make others see her as weak. She is unsure about the current conflict, but will ultimately choose the side that will allow he to prove her strength.

6. oppaizombie

oppaizombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2006
    Name: Peiphonus/Pypho [nom./gen.]; Creotides
    Sex: Male
    Weapon(s): Pyhpo's primary weapon, a sword (also referred to as a xiphos) was tempered with the wood and ash of cypress and cooled in an oil base of olive, orange blossoms and cederwood sap; before the weapon was sharpened it was then soaked in the blood of six doves. There are three remaining weapons to the this set of four: Pypho's kopis (recurved blade), javilin and spear. Each of Peiphonus' weapons has likewise been ritually fashioned much to the same effect as his sword.
    Matron Deity: Athena
    Appearance: Pypho's gear borrows much from the Corinth motif. His corinthian great helm, cuirass, bracers and greaves were also all tempered with the wood and ash of oak and chilled in ram's blood; imbuing them with a brass lackluster finish. To his cuirass much ivorywork has been inlaid. He carries two shields: his small pelta for use with his javilins and spear, and a wide hoplon for use with his blades. Pypho's pelta was formed from iron and wood, has typical wavework and is embossed with an oaktree semblance; the single indenture on the circumfrence is for spear weapons. The hoplon used by Peiphonus is bordered by a monotone pattern of triangles. Within this pattern is a field of royal blue under an image of a white rayed sun whose center is black. Pypho's corinthian great helm has a prominent royal blue horse hair crest which rests on many intricate brass folds and sweeps.
    History: Peiphonus is a son of Corinth, though he was actually born in the small hamlet of Lacheo to a concubine of Creon, the then king of Corinth. As Creon had to favour a right born son, he did not allow the concubine to give birth in the capital city, for fear that intrigue would see the boy dead before his second year.

Living with his simple, crone of a mother, Pypho's prime deity, from a young age, became Athena; as it was the Goddess his mother prayed to. Her wisdom in the arts and war inspired him to be fierce and compassionate but also just. He has since engaged in daily noontide rituals to appease his matron. Offering small tokens such as olive branches, hellebore or lily blossoms and sometimes, during celebrations, the carcass of a leopard or ram.

As a young man, Peiphonus became the secret favourite of Creon, though the latter would never admit such and would always publically have to favour his legitimate son, Ilydonis. Still, it would not stop the king from somewhat influencing young Pypho's career amoung the hoplites. Peiphonus became a keen fighter, but as he lived by the wisdom of Athena, never let the hubris afflicting so many of his peers to blur his own mortality. It was this fact that caused Athena herself, to always watch with concern the life of a truly humble mortal. When discovery of Hades' plot to seek out the weapon known as 'Hate,' Athena knew it was time for Peiphonus to become a true hero.

During one noontide ritual, where Peiphonus stood burning several olive branches and geranium petals, the Goddess Athena called to him. Appearing as a feminine face in the grey smoke, she told him of the quest Hades had undertaken for a powerful weapon called 'Hate,' and that he must rise to champion such a dark plan and deny Hades his prize by whatever means available.

Being only a man, he lacked the means to do such he said, but knowing that Athena would never ask him had he not the inner strength necessary to rise to the occasion, promised to her that he would travel to Corinth where he would stand before Creon and beseech the king to aid him. When he did so, Creon, noticing this as a opportunity to secretly - yet simultaneously - honour his son, granted Peiphonus powerful boons and station given only to his bloodline (none really questioned the rarity of such as it was all seen as the will of Athena). As much as he had been given, Peiphonus could only be sincerely surprised, but he was given a treasure beyond those already bequeathed to him: that of being titled Creotides, meaning son of Creon, as a

7. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    OOC: So, is this one not happening?

8. Weewa

Weewa Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2006
    name: Weewa
    weapon(s): Two daggers made from fangs taken from the middle head of cerberus.
    god/goddess u pray to: Hades
    appearance: Slim, 5'6" in height deep black eyes and short jet black hair
    history/bio: Has been wandering the earth ever since he can remember, he doesnt remember the either his legacy nor the purpose of his existence. Hoping for some enlightenment he then embarks on this journey.

9. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    OOC: I have PMed Genkaku, inquiring as to his absence. Also I expressed my intention to take over as an interim GM on the 3rd of November. If he has not come back then, I will then take control and start the story. This is not dead, and I intend to keep it alive until Genkaku gets back or if he does not then I will see it through to the end. Personally I would rather follow his vision than mine. Oh well.

10. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    name: Palleous

weapon(s): A double sided sword, shield, and throwing spear.

god/goddess u pray to: none of them, but respects the teaching's of Apollo

appearance: Palleous is a well built man with defined arms, abdominals, and torso regions on his body which makes him extremely attractive mixed together with his well featured face. Standing at 6 feet two inches, and weighting roughly 210 lbs Palleous is well suited for combat both in hand to hand, and in general warfare.

Skin: his a light tan with a mix of bronze

Hair: shoulder length light brown with a tinge of blond.

eyes: a piercing blue

history/bio: Born in a coastal village to a Farmer Palleous's entire village was ravaged, and destroied by a band of theives that killed all adults, and took the children as slaves for sale. Palleous was at the age of five was sold to a oriental war lord who took him in as a sparring partner for his young son. Raised in the ways of the War Lord Palleous knew nothing of the gods or the beliefs of his own people instead he learned most forms of combat as he, and the War Lord's son grew both in skill and stature over the years till both were of age of men. Palleous won his freedom from the War Lord when he saved both he and his son in a attack of their villa and so sort back to find his roots.
    Returning to the coastal Village he was once born in Palleous found as much information on the event that took his parents away from him, and exacted revenge on those who took away from him that he was soon known as the Shadowed One due to the fact that when he was on the prowl you never knew when he would take action. Palleous rebuilt his parents home with the treasure's he had taken during his revenge to the point that people mistake him for a Warlord due to the style he built it in even though he keeps to himself, and is hardly seen out around the village.
    Since returning Palleous has sought to educate on the beliefs of his parents, but doesn't believe them himself even though he respects the teachings of Apollo. He has heard of the legend of the Sword of Hate, and Palleous is intrigued with the sword to the point that he sets out to find it not only to posses such power, but in hopes of studying it closely. His intentions might be self serving, but rest assure that Palleous will go to all extremes to obtain the famed sword not only for himself but to understand it's nature.....................

11. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    OOC: Nice to see someone interested, but this story cannot start till the 6th, as that is when Genkaku's ten days are up and when I can play as de facto GM.

12. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Any status on this game, it looks great and I would be interested in joining if it is actually going to start.

PM sent to oppaizombie.

13. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    Well, as I said in my PM, there hasn't been much activity here besides you, LordPullus and myself. Pullus never got back to me via PM when I contacted him. Something might have come up. We can sit here and wait for interested parties or we could try and pitch it again with an updated, fresh thread?

14. LordPullus

Jul 6, 2006
    OH sorry about that I'm still interested,but I never received a pm though I'll check again. If this game is still going on then I"ll be glad to play.

15. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    A mistake then with the PM, sorry it never came. But I am fine going on with just you two. Numbers don't really matter when people are really excited or interested. But the question still stands: do we stay with Genkaku's thread or start another of our own? I mean he could come back and say he wants the thread deleted or something. But who knows. Ideas, gentlemen, ideas!

16. LordPullus

Jul 6, 2006
    YOu could start another game then. I would still join it being that we haven't even started this one.

17. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I too am still intrested.

18. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    Awesome people are interested. Let's wait for Despised1 to get back with his feedback and we will decide from there waht to do.

19. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I agree with the others, I don't think it would be a problem to start this over and give it a go. Genkaku hopefully won't mind, in fact it would kind of be a compliment to see that people actually were excited this much about his game.

20. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    The new thread is in the works.

21. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    Lord Pullus, Twinky_Stryder and Despised1 you three already have the greenlight to post your characters in the new Quest for Hate thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.