main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Warwick Davis in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by GunganSlayer, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Theater manager: "You... want your money back because there was an ewok? I'm... um... sorry about that, sir."

2. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Make that "glassy-eyed teddy bear" movie - though I believe GL had eyelids digitally added for the extra super special editions.

Maybe he will be an Ewok that leads the creepy grave robber guy to Vader's remains. Then he bites the dust.

Or maybe Leia didn't end up with Han. Maybe she ended up with Wicket?

3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Correct. They added blinking eyelids to the ewoks in the Blu-ray editions, because thousands of fans had been clamoring for that change ever since ROTJ came out. OK, actually nobody ever clamored for that change at all, but what the heck.

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Talking to someone today, they reckon that Wicket will now be the chief of his Ewok tribe and we'll see him when the Grave Robber comes to the moon of Endor to find Vader's remains. The Grave Robber won't be alone and his troops will slaughter the Ewoks.

DarthIshyZ, jbyrd1245 and Cevan like this.
  5. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Hmmm, that would be interesting actually.

6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I guess this YouTube clip would have been approved and perhaps even scripted and filmed by JJ. What level of involvement do you reckon JJ had, and also, what significance do you think the bits and pieces on the table had (including Warwick's beard)? Were they clues, or red herrings?

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Good news Warwick will be in VII. Genuinely made me smile watching the video :)

8. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I was clamoring.

Darth Punk likes this.
  9. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    No, you were clammy - there's a difference

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Did the non-blinking eyelids keep you up at night too?

plaidphoenix likes this.
  11. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014

If I see an Ewok I'm walking back to the ticket booth and giving them more money.

12. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Like you wouldn't believe.

Luminous Beings Are We and EHT like this.
  13. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    If I see an ewok, all I'm gonna be thinking now is of a sweaty Warwick inside, probably in his underpants, furiously working away.

14. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    racist

DarthIshyZ and DarthRelaxus like this.
  15. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I had been wondering since before casting was announced whether he'd get a part. Glad to hear he's back. It'll be interesting to see if he's playing Wicket again or another character.

16. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Forget Wicket, I hope this is that Star Wars/Leprechaun in Space cross-over I've been waiting for.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  17. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013

I would disagree actually. I would say with 99% certainty that JJ had nothing to do with this, if he even knew they were doing it at all... As far as clues go, I think even the beard business is just people over-analyzing things... But you never know...

Darth Lurker and Darth Punk like this.
  18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    maybe, it's just he's usually very hands on over what, when and how info gets out, doesn't feel to me that this wasn't a controlled leakage

themuzikman likes this.
  19. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013

Controlled, yes. By JJ, probably not... JJ is aware that Warwick will be in the cast. obviously. But they wouldn't have bothered him to do this.

Warwick and his team may have wrote and filmed the thing themselves after starwars.com told them to do so... But I doubt JJ had anything to do with this in any regard...

20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    i guess if i'm the only one thinking this way, i'm probably not seeing it right. usually peeps on these boards pore over every detail of things - especially things that come through official channels. by normal standards, there's a high level of disregard over this youtube clip, bearing in mind there seems to be quite a few things going on in it.

21. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014

Agreed.

The video "starts" in July 2013 and ends in October 2014. The beard is there to show that he has been waiting for his phone call for a long time.

That's it, folks.

22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

You were talking to whom exactly? An actual person who may know something or just one of your friends?

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

If I was Hayden, I would have said that during the first take for when Anakin's laying there on the embankment.

jbyrd1245 and forzaskywalker like this.
  24. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    I'm so happy, Welcome back Warwick. I STILL LOVE "WILLOW" till this day. Screw the critics. It's an 80's baby Classic:

[​IMG]

25. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Exactly this!

It has become hip to say that ROTJ was a weak link; but at the time it was loved just as much as the other 2 movies, and considered the perfect ending to an Iconic Trilogy.

I am glad that Warwick is on board again for the Star Wars Saga. I would like to see him do some motion capture work for an alien Character, and do the voice over for that Character as well; just like Serkis does. It doesn't have to be a major Character; maybe just a line or two, to give some inside info to one of the main Characters? I think that would be cool. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.