1. Attention Guest.

This region will undergo restructuring. For more information regarding this process, please visit this thread

Tampa, FL Warwick Updates

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay, FL' started by vampyregodz, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay kids, let's just go and have some fun!!! Thanks to Scott, Bert and others, Joe for clarifying that this NOT the 501st that made the costume statement. Let's work together folks
  2. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    In response to this ENTIRE thread. Quit your focking whining everybody. Its an autograph event, youre not going to "represent" the 501st or the fanforce, youre going to meet Warwick davis and get autographs. If i WAS planning on going, i wouldnt now, just because of all the pissing, moaning and "bad blood" over the entire event, and Sithfan most of all, WHAT were you posting on the 501st boards for? you have some stormtrooper armor we dont know about? thats only going to stir up trouble. Its this simple: this is America, you want to go in costume, go for it, do whatever you want, just dont belittle yourselves by whining about it, and try not to argue in front of Warwick Davis like little children. Some friends of mine from work are going, and I hope they dont show up on monday telling stories about "the costumed group" and how absurd they got.

*edit* No offence to anyone, We're trying to grow the group here, and the last thing potential FF members want to see when they visit the boards is incessant whining.

ever onward...
  3. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Had a really great time and Warwick and his family were wonderful as were the owner of the shop and all that were involved. Great event and very well handled Thanks Joe and Shiela..looking forward to seeing the pics that Shiela took.
  4. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    =D= I really enjoyed meeting Warwick and his family last night. They are a the sweetest folk and I am glad to see that the entire group of costumed fans behaved, intearacted and had fun. The Sign Here Autograph staff was very nice and courteous and had a tremendous collection of really cool posters, photos and autographs. Ross and I got 2 of Warwicks photos and autographs and our picture taken with him. Marie and I had a lovely chat with Warwick's lovely wife and children outside while waiting our turn to go in. I want to also thank JOE & SHEILA for helping set up this event with Warwick. It was a good continuation of what we are working to build here.

We all visited pleasantly with all the fans represented there from all costuming groups represented and the mudanes who asked us to pose for photos and asked about our fan clubs. It was a positive experience and I hope that it will be representative of future outtings for our group. The July Florida sweltering heat was the only real drawback and there was a little difficulty finding a parking spot, but all in all it was good. Some of us grabbed a bite to eat at Denny's Greasy spoon restaurant and continued our enjoyment of hanging with other SW fans.

As far as communication on the boards here, I think some of us get a little inflamed here and there, building mountains out of anthills then stiring it with a pointy stick more often than is necessary. WE are a lot of NEW members here so it will take a little time to balance the force. Some ideas for better communication in the future would be to ask the person who made a comment that concerns us a specific question not an attack, by private message, rather than a general post. Be polite in the way we phrase the question, and if we are not satisfied with the answer, simply return with an "I'm not happy with that answer" or an "okay, that makes sense to me." Some opinions are best kept to ourselves and others do beg for a concensus. We should carefully examine the difference and remember good manners and politeness regardless of what ire something may stir in us. That is what it means to be civilized and adult. We don't always like what our parents, co-workers, boss, or service person may tell us, but as a civilized person, we do not blurt out whatever comes to mind. We access the situation, accept the terms, and move on.

As we continue to get to know one another and interact here and at events, we will learn how to represent ourselves in the most positive light. Those with continuing bad attitudes are behaviour will simply be shunned or ignored until they go away or get with the program. Negative behavior usually begets more negative behavior. So it is up to us to try to always take the high road whereever possible. I think enough has been said on the matter and there will be gentle nudges to those who fail to react in an acceptable way. Marie (MOM and CITY REP)will MOST CERTAINLY take those aside who forget the guildelines for good behavior here as will others of us who have been doing this for many years. Our young padawins will learn to control the force and discipline their actions as we mature in fandom.@};- [face_peace] [:D] MTFBWY
  5. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
    There was actually nothing to clarify regarding that as it clearly stated in my 1st post about it that "Warwicks People" only wanted 501st, not the 501st interjected themselves to make it no costumes for anyone else...Sad part is there will be several more signings coming up allot more high profile than Warwick, and I will not post them here after this and SithFans crap on the 501st board and him last night, its really sad!

And I am quite serious as here is my post!

Date Posted: 7/6 4:16pm Subject: Warwick Updates
    Everything is set for Friday if you need directions please PM me...

Warwicks people have contacted Greg today and they asked that only 501st troopers be in costume...so if the group members can wear their shirts instead of costume that will be great!

This is more of a security measure than anything else...

Greg also informed me that he has and will be selling Leprechaun and Willow posters at the store prices for the different posters will range from 15-30.00 ea, and of course Warwick will have an array of 8x10's available....

The store # is 813-654-8122
    the address is 2498 West Brandon Blvd
    Brandon, FL 33511

if you get lost please call Sheila's cell 813-767-4922

Signings will take place from 7pm till 9pm

Just go to page one of this thread and read the 1st post!

Since I handle this part of things for Greg I will make it a 501st only event as there was no confusion, no problems, and no questions and the people can read!
  6. skyshark93 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This was a success!!! I want to thank Joe and Sheila for putting this together and inviting us, Warwick and his family were SUPER COOL and all who attended had a great time!!!
    I especially enjoyed drinking two cokes with two straws at the same time while Alex watched! :D
    OK, Let's get pictures up somewhere, I have a disposable camera so I have to first finish the roll and then develop it, but those who had digital, start an album!!! I wanna see pics!!!
    Again awesome event, we had a blast!
    Later
  7. SithFan1977 Jedi Knight

star 1
    as I said before, i did no mean to cause any problems, and i could take i back i would. but the past is the past, no harm intended. do not take it out on the group for my lack of thought. this group deserves the right to do this, and if you like i wont go to the signings, but let everyone else go, please. I feel i dont desevere the right to go, since i caused a hastle, and i hope I did not mess with you friendship with the shop owner. i talked to the 501st last night, apologized to each and everyone of them, and they accepted it (althought i did get hit on the head with a blaster). sorry for the trouble i caused, and do not take it out on anybody but ME. and jace, i visit the 501st to check out the forums, which i signed up for after the baywalk premiere
  8. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome to the real world where you wake up and realize your not in kindergarten anymore and that actions you take have consiquences that can effect other people!

Sucks...doesn't it!

EDIT: Banned for 48 hours for flaming. Next time, don't try to call out someone for immaturity by acting even more immature.
  9. SithFan1977 Jedi Knight

star 1
    why are u taking this out on the group? there is no reason to do this, its not rational. i went back to clean all of this up, and everyone else, including the 501st, has fogiven me, and moved on. there is No reason to punish the group for my actions
  10. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    Joe, If weather wasnt shyte, and i hadnt just gotten off of work, i would have gone to the signing. Please make me aware of any other autograph sessions in the future (through private message), and i assure you they wont be posted on these boards .

onward.
  11. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
  12. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's unfortunate things have happened the way they have. I am glad the event was a success and that everyone had fun. I wish I could have made it out, but the concert I attended was excellent. I look forward to the July meeting as I'm sure most of us are. Let us put the negative aspects of this situation behind us and move forward as a group.
  13. Allysium Jedi Knight

star 1
    No offense Joe, but that statement to Sithfan was uncalled for.

I don't understand why you are trying to keep the groups separate over an incident that was, obviously, a mistake and apologized for.

I'm sure we all appreciate any events you decide to tell us about... However, if you decide to keep them to yourself, it will not stop our group from having our own events and communicating openly with the other groups.

You blame Sithfan for what he posted... Well, don't you think you are doing the same thing, blowing this out of proportion?

I hope you decide to change your mind, and post any info to all groups, instead of choosing just one. However, that is your prerogative.

I do believe that all of the groups will eventually communicate and get together for future events. Maybe not all of them, but at least some? regardless of what you do choose.

*Annie
  14. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
  15. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    I would have gone as a Willow fan anyway.

onward.
  16. Allysium Jedi Knight

star 1
    Joe, apparently you didn't read my post. I not once blamed you or the 501st. I respect all of you, as we are all equals.

I just don't think it is your job to try to teach or punish Sithfan, or anyone else here, as if you were the responsible adult of the group. Regardless of age, or anything else, the only one acting childish here is you.

People will learn on their own, without your help. Just let it go and move on. That's all any of us are trying to do here, and you just won't let it happen.

*Annie
  17. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I am stepping in here and this is considered FLAMMING...this is not allowed and if you read the TOS...as all are supposed to....you would be aware of the rules and regs of this website.
    In the future THINK!!!! a long time before you post something that may come across the boards as FLAMMATORY!!! If this continues or happens again that person doing the flamming will be banned from the boards by the regional rep. This is part of the regs & rules folks.
    Marie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.