main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Was an additional scene needed at the end?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MrElculver2424, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    I've seen The Force Awakens three times now, and since I am a huge Star Wars fan and read online about it all the time, I know that Kylo Ren, General Hux, and Captain Phasma escaped Starkiller Base at the end and that Kylo Ren is on his way to Snoke to finish his training.

But for the casual movie watcher, I think it's hard for them to realize this. My uncle didn't pick up on it. He asked me after the movie if Ren died; he wasn't sure. I said no; Hux rescued him and they left Starkiller Base, along with Phasma and many others.

But thinking back, I don't think there was any scene that directly showed that. And for the casual Star Wars fan/movie watcher, I worry that this isn't clear enough.

Should a scene showing Ren being rescued and Hux and the others leaving Starkiller Base have been included?

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  2. MaggieSolo

MaggieSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2009
    I think so. It definitely wasn't clear to me. Even a 30 second scene showing them leaving Starkiller Base would have been helpful. Unless they wanted it to be a cliff hanger or something.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  3. avasatu

avasatu Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Almost everyone I went with over the course of both my viewings thought they were all dead.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The film stupidly makes it look that way. There should have been just a little snippet showing Kylo, Hux and Phasma on Kylo’s ship. No dialogue would be needed. The film literally makes it look as though all the bad guys died, especially Phasma.

5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Yea, I reckon that a scene showing Hux and Ren aboard a shuttle could've been featured after the shot of Rey and Leia hugging and before the one where Chewie is agonizing over Han's death. Though featuring Phasma in that scene would be tricky since the audience would then be wondering how she was able to get out of that trash compactor...

6. MilesEdgeworth

MilesEdgeworth Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Trilogy rule #1 If main characters don't die on screen then it's a good bet that they aren't dead.

7. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Should be, Rey talks off on Falcon, and then show a Star Destroyer in space with Ren, Hux, and Phasma, cut back to Falcon coming out of hyperspace, Rey finds Luke, credits.

-C

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    There are already existing threads about the ending, "complaints", plot holes, and character arcs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.