main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was anyone in that tower Anakin creamed while landing the Invisible Hand?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Holocron_Collector, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holocron_Collector

Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2001
    THAT would suck! I assume it was staffed by at least a couple dozen people, by the size of it, maybe more. I'm sure that the senate would consider them regrettable but acceptable losses, considering that the Chancellor's life was saved. But it's just the kind of thing that congress loves to bitch about as a consequence of war. Thoughts?

2. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    i started a thread back in july on this exact same topic, and suprisingly it was immediately locked. :mad: lol. hope you have better luck [face_laugh] . something tells me YOU will. but yeah, you would assume that there were people in there . and that tower was smashed. this could go on the "You Jedi are far too reckless". mantle. although They really had no choice. hopefully they got out in time. [face_worried]

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    There's a lot of stuff in ROTS like that... plus, what happened to all the enemies onboard the crashed ship? Sure, it showed them running away as it was being tore all to crap in space, but you'd think there'd be SOME droids and whatnot left on it when it landed. :p

4. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    The ROTS Visual Dictionary describes it as this, "To avoid adding to the massive damage Coruscant has already sustained, he guides Invisble Hand to a seldom-used landing platform in the industrial sector"

But seldom-used doesn't mean it wasn't crewed, so maybe some people were in there when Anakin demolsihed it during the crash landing, or perhaps it was abandoned.

5. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Lets just assume the tower was run/controlled by droids, I can't imagine Anakin causing the deaths of anyone, hes a nice young man [face_talk_hand] [face_thinking]

6. Holocron_Collector

Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2001
    I kinda started this on impulse, just watching ROTS again now, been awhile, and the thought occurred to me. I should have figured someone had done this already. Sorry your thread was locked, DUGGY, but I can tell you for sure, it wasn't me that did it!

7. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    ^^^^ don't get me wrong, i think it is a valid topic. great minds think alike, :)

8. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

I looked at the thread title qucikly and saw this...

Anakin creamed hand

[face_blush][face_sick]

...And, please people: No "dreaming about his mother dying" jokes, please.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    We locked it back in July cause of all the hoopla surrounding the film's release. It's okay now. :)

Due to the assault on Courscant, anyone who was down near the landing strip were already in hiding. Once the battle began, the civilians and Senators were all rushed to underground bunkers on the lower levels of Courscant.

10. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
  11. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    What if one of the workers left his purse in the tower, and was inside when the IH crashed? :p

Guess that explains it... as for those inside the Invisible Hand when it crash landed they were most probably in the bit that came off and burnt up, and for those that didnt get fried in the landing they were probably beaten by Senate Guards and interrogated till they had no use then used as display pictures on Palpatine's MSN.

Never mind me.

12. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm sure it was.

But you know StarWars never focuses on the little people.
    :p

13. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I remember thinking this when I first saw it. I was hoping noone was in there, that would suck bad. Oh well Anakin, Obi Wan, and R2 lived so thats all that matters. :)

14. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Was anyone in that tower Anakin creamed while landing the Invisible Hand?
    Creamed? Icy Cream?=P~
    [image=http://www.lovetoparty.co.nz/images/Ice%20Cream%20Cone%20Party%20Bag.jpg]
    "Mmmm...Ice Cream."

15. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Not to worry, it was only some gungans in the tower. No big deal. :D

16. JF_052

JF_052 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    That tower's crew begs to be the subject of an EU novel .

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Logic dictates that if you're being bombed from above, you'd get your ass out of there pronto.

18. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Am I the only one that kinda doesn't understand why we start threads that really don't have an answer... or at least an answer that has something to back it up? Ok i'll shut up now.

19. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    Only on the interweb...

[face_monkey]

[face_chicken]

8-}

[face_pumpkin]

[face_skull]

[face_clown]

[face_cow]

20. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    I'm sure there were people on it. Star Wars doesn't usally cover these minor details....we are left to just go "oh well, they weren't important"

Like that argument from Clerks...Something about the construction crew on the Death Star when it blew...do their families get compensated, etc., etc.

21. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Who cares about the tower collapsing. So a couple dozen lost their lives. Think about the billions of creatures who are now out of work because the Trade Federation, Techno Union, InterGalactic Banking Clan, Commerce Guild, and Corporate Alliance suddenly collapsed in one night. I mean sure, there were warning signs that their jobs weren't entirely stable, but what alternatives did these systems have? Entire system economies were probably wrecked before the Empire could salvage some of them. Starvation across a galaxy.

Sure Viceroy Nute Gunray was a piece of scum, but Associate Bob on Zelti Prime was a nice guy who can't feed his tadpoles because his company got caught in the middle of a galactic war. Now his company is in chaos because suddenly the TF cargo ships aren't stopping by his neck of the galaxy.

Who does he turn to? Grand Moff Poobaba, the new regional governor of his sector who offers them shipping on Star Destroyers for triple the price. He can't afford his own ship so either becomes the Empire's bitch, goes completely out of business, or turns to non-legal ways of shipping.

Then of course he has to find new clients because for some reason, his largest client, the Mustafarian Ore Company hasn't contacted him back about those plastic cartons they need monthly.

And to think if one computer malfunction can cause the lava to overun Mustafar, what about Gossams who run the acid dam of Bogwandu. That dam won't opperate itself when suddenly Shu Mai's checks aren't rolling in. Think of the poor villages down in Bogwandu valley. God help them if their local Senator is Fema Baab.

*HEAD EXPLODES*

22. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001

23. Ashton

Ashton Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    "I looked at the thread title qucikly and saw this...

Anakin creamed hand " - Ben R

OMG! :D :D :D

You had me laughing for 5 minutes with that! XD

24. almighty_smiley

almighty_smiley Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    anakin tries to save everybody. he would do so much as let a planet be conquered if it meant saving a hostage or something. i don't think he would have intentionally killed anybody in the platform. but it would be nice to see some smoldering nemodians.

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Sure Viceroy Nute Gunray was a piece of scum, but Associate Bob on Zelti Prime was a nice guy who can't feed his tadpoles because his company got caught in the middle of a galactic war. Now his company is in chaos because suddenly the TF cargo ships aren't stopping by his neck of the galaxy.

Associate Bob. Were you watching "Demolition Man" recently?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.