main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was AOTC Better Than Plan 9 From Outer Space?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by rsterling78, Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Hmmm, what an influence this film had . . .

and all this time we thought Lucas was making a myth . . . :p

2. anakin_e

anakin_e Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    "you see? you see? you're stupid minds! stupid! stupid!"

3. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Well, let's see. In Plan 9, Ed Wood's aliens come to Earth to raise the dead, to prevent mankind from developing a weapon that would turn sunlight into fire, and ultimately destroy the universe.

In AOTC, a pair of space samurai follow a space ninja to a scene of massive pyrotechnics.

4. Duckman

Duckman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    "yeah it is scary that they are comparable, and that the dialogue is pretty damn close in terms of redundance, grammar and quality."

You mean close when you misquote AOTC's dialogue, right? ;)

Anyway, Plan 9 was a masterpiece, I don't care what you Ed Wood bashers say. That man had vision.

5. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    A similarly bad film, (some would say, WORSE), was ROBOT_MONSTER.

[image=http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/pics/R/rm2.jpg]

Where a man in a gorilla suit wearing a Deep sea diver helmet, controls a lethal device that consists of a World War 2 Radio on a Trestle Table.

Could this:
    [image=http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/pics/R/rm2.jpg]

Be the Source of this?

[image=http://www.tulsawalk.com/parks-places/tulsa/trekexpo99/petermayhew-chewbacca.jpg]

Makes you think..!

UKS

6. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    "yeah it is scary that they are comparable, and that the dialogue is pretty damn close in terms of redundance, grammar and quality."

You mean close when you misquote AOTC's dialogue, right?"

please correct my misquoted dialogue then. ok? or were you confusing my plan 9 quotes with my AOTC quotes...

7. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I have to respectfully disagree with the idea that "Plan 9 from Outer Space" represents the rock bottom of sci-fi/fantasy films. That award goes to "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians."

AOTC may have been heavily influenced by "Santa Claus", but Lucas could not equal the unrelenting rottenness of that anti-classic.

8. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    i just read that they are doing a remake of SCCTM.

*shivers*

9. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    The Palpatine character of the prequel trilogy draws heavily from the mythical Santa Claus figure of SCCTM.

The only way a sequel to SCCTM could do the original justice is if it gets a production budget of less than five million dollars.

10. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    and of course they have to bring back Pia Zadora.

11. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Pia Zadora has the distinction of being one of the only actresses to have been in two different films that are both valid contenders for the worst movie ever made. The Lonely Lady is the most astoundingly bad thing I've ever seen.

12. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    please correct my misquoted dialogue then. ok? or were you confusing my plan 9 quotes with my AOTC quotes...

You quoted AOTC like this:
    "I don't like sand. It's rough and scratchy. But you're not, you're soft and smooth. Not like sand."

But the actual line is like this:

"I don't like sand. It's rough and coarse, and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything's soft...and smooth."

13. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    It's not Plan 9, but do you think Petey Wheatstraw, title character of the 1977 blaxsploitation classic, is at least as intimidating as Mace Windu?

[image=http://www.badmovies.org/movies/wheatstraw/wheatstraw7.jpg]
    Petey Wheatstraw: The Devil's Son-in-Law
    (Rudy Ray Moore)

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/macewindu/img/eu_bg.jpg]
    Attack of the Clones' Mace Windu
    (Samuel L. Jackson)

14. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    You know,it's just too bad there hasn't been any Plan 9 From Outer Space action figures,just so you can have both films fight it out in toy form. You could have Tor Johnson battle Jango Fett or have Vampira go up against Padme!

15. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    Plan 9 has nothing on Manos.

(Sung to the tune of the Flintstones' theme:)

Manos! Mighty Manos!
    He's an omnipresent deity!
    From the! World beneath us!
    He stars in the world's worst movie!
    Let's ride down the long and dusty street!
    Torgo has big knees and cloven feet!
    When you! Watch this movie!
    Have an "oh my God it hurts" time,
    A "make it stop" time,
    You'll have a "kill me" time!

:p

16. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    "I don't like sand. It's rough and coarse, and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything's soft...and smooth."

thanks.

17. rsterling78

May 26, 2002
    [image=http://www.eccentric-cinema.com/images/movie_pix_a-i/botm03.jpg]
    "You don't need to see his identification."

18. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    You can't really blame DrEvazan for not remembering an unmemorable line. It's not worth remembering!

19. Only_2

Only_2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    It seems that the Sith have returned. Tokyo and DrEvazan, but which one is the master and which is the apprentice?

The only thing funnier than one AOTC disliker (that's better than basher right?) making uncalled for snide remarks is two AOTC dislikers patting each other on the back for their complementary snide remarks.

Yeah I know, this is a humor thread. I'm seriously laughing! at you, not with you.

MWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

20. Super_Nation_Jock

Super_Nation_Jock Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2002
  21. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    "The only thing funnier than one AOTC disliker (that's better than basher right?) making uncalled for snide remarks is two AOTC dislikers patting each other on the back for their complementary snide remarks."

and then SNJ posts a laugh right behind ya...

now do you have anything to add that is ON THE TOPIC?

22. Super_Nation_Jock

Jul 4, 2002

why should I?
    The post you just posted didn't! lol

Oh, am I not allowed to LAUGH?????
    You really are determined to take all of the joy out of everyone's life aren't ya?
    Some people just aren't happy unless everyone's as sour and negative as they are.

Besides, I've got previous posts in this thread that dealt with the topic. :)

23. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    i was answering Only_2 but whatever.

see, he made a comment how it was funny that he someone who agreed with me was pating me on the back for my comments, and then whaddaya know, SNJ comes along and pats him on the back for the same thing.

get it?

Good God.

"Because all you of Earth are idiots!"

24. Super_Nation_Jock

Jul 4, 2002
    ROTFLMAO

Good God, stop using my "Good God" line!
    :)

Whatever Dr, I know how important it is to you to have The Last Word.

25. rsterling78

May 26, 2002
    I'm still a bit confused by people who come to this forum who don't like AOTC. You didn't like the film? Fine. Your opinion is as valid as any. So what the hell are you doing here?

A few years back I got dragged to the theater to see the Jack Nicholson film entitled "As Good As It Gets." I thought it sucked. You want to know how many times I've seen it since? Zero! You want to know how many times I've visited the As Good As It Gets website (assuming one exists)? That's right, zero again! I don't know any of the characters' names. I can't quote any lines from the film. I really don't remember the plot of the thing. In fact, I haven't thought about the film once since seeing until this moment.

I haven't sought out an As Good As It Gets message board so that I could post incorrect quotations from the film and then complain about how bad the script writing is. I also would never have considered posting a message replete with misspellings, poor grammar, bad punctuation, and a lack of appropriate capital letters about how I could have written a much better script.

Bashers, use a little common sense. You can do that, you know. I don't have common sense copyrighted. You're allowed to use it, too! If you hated AOTC -- and, as I said, your opinion is as valid as any -- why not go find a message board for a movie you liked?

Do you folks repeatedly read and analyze books you don't like? Do you go to restaurants, find a food item that nauseates you, and order it over and over again?

I know you've probably already got your cursor positioned over the "reply" link so that you can post some inane rebuttal to this message. Before you hit that mouse button, why not walk away from the computer for 10 minutes and go do something you enjoy instead?

You're welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.