main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was Dooku as strong as Sidious?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Obi-One, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    It's hard to believe that Count Dooku could duel with Yoda, had tremendous amounts of knowledge when it came to the Force as he stated to Yoda on Geonosis, that Yoda could throw Sidious around like a rag doll, yet Dooku is incapable of defeating Sidious himself. Dooku was well respected within the Jedi Order for a reason, yet fell to the dark side and became Lord Tyranus. Sidious is more powerful than Dooku supposedly, yet Yoda countered everything Sidious dished out, and Dooku and Yoda fended off one another in their own contest.

I'll never understand why Mace and Yoda can throw and kick Sidious around, yet Count Dooku, with all of his experience, knowledge, and power, can not....it just doesn't make sense.

2. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    i wouldn't say Mace threw anybody around, Sidious never intended to kill him.

3. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I don't quite buy that. So, Mace is the second baddest Jedi in the galaxy during that time and he goes to arrest the Chancellor. The Chancellor is playing possum with Mace because he wants Anakin to witness the act of treason instead of it being a coinidence that Sidious got his behind kicked and was about to die when Anakin walked in to save the Chancellor?

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003

[image=http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/c/c1/Insidious_Smile.jpg/800px-Insidious_Smile.jpg]

*CACKLE*"If Lord Tyranus were stronger... wouldn't he be here, to tell you himself ..." *CACKLE*

sorry just a little humor to keep the mood light...

5. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    I wouldn't say Mace is the 2nd baddest jedi, i would say the 4th.

6. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    IMO Sidious is far stronger in the Force than Dooku, but I think Dooku's saber skills would give Sidious a real challenge!

7. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    i think its is possible, Dooku was different than the other sith Maul was evil, DV wanted power, Dooku went to the darkside b/c of politics, and he disagreed with the jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.