main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Was Exar Kun possessed by the amulet?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Jun 14, 2013.

1. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Naga Sadow never held the title "Darth".

Exar Kun's "priority" wasn't education reform, it was galactic domination.

Uliq's goal was the same. The Mandalorians being a means to an end, as you can't conquer without an army. Exar Kun focused on creating a force army to take down the Jedi, and Uliq a military one to take down the Republic. Two variations of a similar plan to reach the exact same goal.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [face_dunno]Not getting it.

How might they even go about doing that?

3. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Theoretically, a combined application of the Force Light or Wall of Light technique could probably work, it would simply depend on the number of Jedi participating. We saw Jedi do something similar during the final battle of the Sith War, when they sought to contain the evil Exar Kun had unleashed to the moon of Yavin 4. True the landscape of the moon was devastated by the resulting firestorm, but Korriban and Dromund Kaas are pretty much wastelands as it is anyways. They'd simply have to look into evacuating any sentient beings on the planet.

NOTE: The number of Jedi who were present at Yavin 4 was numbered in the 1,000s I believe.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. TheDarthTony

TheDarthTony Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2013

From Naga Sadow's Wookiepedia page;

Exar had to take over in order to spread his teachings. He wasn't the one who thought the proper strategy was conquering planets, his strategy was to conquer minds. I think Domination was really a means to an end, the goal wasn't domination, it was knowledge, and he wasn't able to read enough in time. The Sith are constantly just trying to relearn powers and magic from older times, because knowledge of them keeps getting erased.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "Darth Naga Sadow" comes from Essential Guide to Warfare. Jason Fry said in an interview that calling Sadow that might not have been contemporary.

TheDarthTony likes this.
  6. TheDarthTony

Jun 12, 2013
    They said that they specificially meant for him to have that title, as a way of showing his intention to be the top dog in a sense. Typically Darth's are elitists, and ones with fake names are sneaky sneaky and not to be trusted, cause you know, some siths you can trust....

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    [face_laugh]

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I don't think there's any real problem with Sadow having taken a full Darth name for himself that saw infrequent use. It'd just be like Dooku and Darth Tyranus all over again.

It's only awful if we're supposed to accept a straight up "Darth Naga Sadow". :p

"Darth Sadow" sounds pretty cool, though.

EDIT:
    In fact, given that the Sith Lords of the ancient Sith Empire were presumably part of "noble houses", and what not, one could suggest that the reason they wouldn't emphasise their Darth titles is because they'd be "Darth Sadow VII" or "Darth Ragnos III", etc, etc. And they'd rather be "Naga Sadow the First and Only", or whatever.

Just throwing ideas out there.

And I love regnal numbers, so....

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    MOre evidence for Kun being possessed: at the moment described in the OP, Kun suddenly is able to speak Sithese!

10. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

He was also able to fire blasts of Dark Side energy, however I don't think either really implies he was possessed, but are rather simply abilities granted by the amulet. Satal Kedo showed the same ability to read the Sith language after he'd been given an amulet.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Satal might have been possessed as well.

12. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

LOL doubt it.

13. TheDarthTony

Jun 12, 2013
    It's not what I'd prefer, but they say on wookieepedia that he is was known as "Darth Naga Sadow." Doesn't roll off the tongue as smoothly, but even though the ancient Sith's names were a source of pride if you came from Nobility, they imply that HIS use of it was to distinguish himself a step further than anyone else, as if claiming the title issues a challenge to the rest of Sith that they are not as powerful as he.

14. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    I always thought Bane should have been the first Darth so that it was a feature unique to the Banite Order of the Sith Lords. But noo, Darth Revan and Darth Malak had to ruin it.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    At least KJA understood what belongs in what era, in spite of the fact that:
    fixed

Starkeiller likes this.
  16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    You're pointing the finger at the wrong people. :p

Darth Rivan was the first pre-Bane Darth OOU. He was introduced in the Living Force Campaign Guide, some two years before the release of KotOR I.

Arawn_Fenn and darklordoftech like this.
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    KJA's reaction to the scene in which Anakin is given the name Darth Vader: "But the Dark Side is a form of demonic possession!"

18. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    I suspected this possibility and considered removing Malak so I could claim Revan was a typo.

Ulicus likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    [face_laugh]

20. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    I refute this belief that Exar Kun was already on the way to the Dark Side before his little picnic with Big Bad Nadd, he was cocky and arrogant but that is not a trait synonymous with the Dark Side, he showed many times that he utterly refused the idea of turning to the Dark Side and only when his incredible will was basically on the snapping point did he give in, albeit reluctantly, to the Sith ways.

Now the claim is that because Exar Kun switched so quickly and easily in personality that he was possessed by the amulet, much like Anakin, Exar Kun probably had the most force potential out of anybody in the entirety of the Old Sith Wars, when he accepted the Dark Side, much like Anakin, he clearly felt a flood of dark power for even with Ulic learning the Dark Side, he had a massive chunk of the pie that is the dark side, as described by Darth Bane, flowing through him, he had the backing of all the Sith spirits, he had an amulets and gauntlets, both Sith artifacts imbued with the Dark Side further boosting the power he commanded.

Simply put the point I am making is that his personality change, much like Vader's, was not indicative of Sith possession but instead he was simply drunk with a LOT of power and given how seductive the power of the Dark Side is in a regular state for regular people, you can only imagine how fast his decent was, like Vader's whom in moments was absolutely filled to the brim with Dark Side power, but just like Anakin did, he showed remorse and a will to stop what he was doing in small little moments before being overwhelmed by his state of power madness.

This is simply a tale of just how damn easy it is for an exceptional force user to be thrown way off the sane train and become almost an entirely different person, Kun and Anakin are both very strong examples of this.

21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm still stunned they actually retconned Rivan into a guy who was trying to be Darth Revan II and spelt it wrong.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm not, considering:
    1. The names are so similar.
    2. Revan is a prominent character of the era.

23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That really happened? 8-}

24. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005

25. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    That poseur.