main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was han cold in the carbonite?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Evil Incarnate, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    because they did call it carbon freezing, and he was shivering when leia unfroze him!

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    He was unconscious the entire time. And he was shivering because of the hibernation sickness.

3. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Jeeze, alot of temperature questions today!

I would assume, just like 3PO's joints on Tatooine, "freezing" simply means stopping or halting in this case. Obviously the container didn't have any kind of requirement to be in a cooler or freezer.

Besides, there would be too much tissue damage if he was indeed "frozen" with cold.

As for his "shivering" I would think that is his muscles spasming from being released from being held in the same position for months and months.

4. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Han was "in perfect hibernation."

5. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    He was shivering, as Bib said, because of the hibernation sickness. You would too, if you had been trapped in carbonite for a year, in one position, in hibernation. :)

6. Onasi

Onasi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2003
    he was shivering from hibernation sickness.
    its not like he could think "oh great stuck in carbonite, brrr, im cold, what will i do, ill just think about my life. *1 year later* then i cheated while i was playing lando for the falcon.... oh hi leia." heh heh would be funny though. have you ever went to sleep and not have a dream, well thats what it felt like for han.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.