main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Was it a mistake in prequels for the jedi to turn out the way they did?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by missile, Jan 18, 2017.

1. missile

missile Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2016
    I was gonna write more to this, but i think the title speaks for itself.

2. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Well, somewhat, yeah. I guess I didnt care for how obvious is became that Palpatine was up to no good yet they never acted on it. There would have been all kinds of ways to check his intentions without going overboard. I realize that the dark side clouds their judgement but Obi-Wan knew stuff was up and didnt act on it fast enough. I dont mind that they were very stoic, monk-like characters. But, it would have been nice too to see a more human side of them. I dunno. Tough call.

3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

What could they have done? He was an elected official. I guess they could have tried to forcibly oust him from his position while plotting to take interim control of the Senate...oh wait, they did do that. How did that turn out, again?

Subtext Mining likes this.
  4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Do you mean a mistake on the part of the writers/GL to make them as they are? Nah

Or a mistake in-universe for the Jedi Order to be what it was at that point in history? In which case, yes. That's the intention

Subtext Mining and oncafar like this.
  5. Baks

Baks Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    Yep. They where too rigid and set in their ways which is part of one the areas which led to downfall.

That and their numerous dubious decisions making throughout the entire saga.

Like using the Clone army. asking Anakin to spy on Palps, Mace acting as judge, jury and executioner in the confrontation with Palps, or like Obi not finishing off Anakin on Mustafar instead of leaving him to cruelly burn and Obi deliberately lying to Luke about the truth about what happened to Anakin.

Stuff like that gives me the impression, that the Jedi have acted far from honourable as some may think during the whole saga.

DaffyTheWizard likes this.