Was it all Qui-Gon's Fault

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by lil_jedi_blondie, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lil_jedi_blondie Jedi Master

star 1
    I am sure this has probably already been posted.

I was thinking, if Qui-Gon wasn't so defiant and insist that Anakin be trained, would any of this have happened. I know it is just a movie but still...
  2. Obi-Ewan Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, certainly Anakin wouldn't have been trained. But then, who would have gotten rid of Palpatine? The rest of the galaxy seems to give him whatever he wants without a second thought.
  3. Luukeskywalker Chosen One

star 4
    Yeah. Had Qui-Gon not gotten Anakin to be trained, then the galaxy would have been screwed for all eternity.

Because there would never be a Darth Vader (the chosen one) to ultimately bring the balance back. And Palpatine would have gone about his rise to power and never had anyone kill him. Lucas has stated clearly before that the only person strong enough to kill Palpatine is Vader. He is the only one with the power to do it. Only because he is the chosen one. Otherwise, like I said before, the galaxy would have been screwed forever with palpatine at the helm.
  4. SomeRandomNerd Force Ghost

star 4
    I think that it was Anakin's destiny to kill the Emperor and bring balance to the Force, and he didn't need to be trained as a Jedi to do it.

The whole becoming a Jedi, having a kid, turning to the Dark Side, hunting down and destroying the Jedi Knights, being redeemed by his son part was all Qui Gon's fault though.
  5. byrdnest Jedi Knight

star 1
    it was the council's fault. why stick kenobi a newbie knight with a troublesome kid. they were asking for it.
  6. SomeRandomNerd Force Ghost

star 4
    You can't blame the council- they didn't want to train Anakin so they weren't going to do it themselves, and Obi Wan was threatening to train him without their permission; they didn't "stick a newbie knight with a troublesome kid." (Also, Anakin wasn't particularly troublesome at the time...)
  7. Trojan_Sock Jedi Youngling

star 4
    "I think that it was Anakin's destiny to kill the Emperor and bring balance to the Force, and he didn't need to be trained as a Jedi to do it."

I've often considered this scenario also. It would be interesting if this were true, because if he did need to be Jedi, it argues more towards predetermination, which really puts the blame on the Force itself.
  8. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    It couldn´t have turned out differently, due to circumstances. Anakin was trained, period.

But IF Anakin had never been discovered by Qui-Gon, he would probably have escaped his slave life later on and then, he would most likely have been discovered by Palpatine, Qui-Gon or someone else, because he always dreamed about becoming a Jedi, so he would´ve travelled to Coruscant, where the Jedi lived.
  9. SomeRandomNerd Force Ghost

star 4
    Bear in mind that the one event that changed Anakin's destiny from staying behind on Tatooine and leaving with Qui Gon was the wager with Watto. And the only reason Qui Gon won was because he cheated- by manipulating the Force.

If the Force conceived Anakin and set out his destiny as per the prophecy, I find it hard to accept that Qui Gon's manipulation was a part of the Force's plan, all things considered...
  10. female_obi_wan Jedi Knight

star 3
    <<If the Force conceived Anakin and set out his destiny as per the prophecy, I find it hard to accept that Qui Gon's manipulation was a part of the Force's plan, all things considered...>>

But the Force could have found a way to counteract that, couldn't it? It could've made Anakin lose the podrace...Or crash the ship on the way to Coruscant. ;)

(P.S. I have no idea how to quote. Sorry. 8-} )
  11. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    well there are many ways the story could have went if the starship never landed on tatoonie. It seems Palpatine would have still remained in power.And how much of Force power does it take to toss an old man over a rail. you have to be choosen for that jusst in the right place at the right time. I know I may sound opiniotive but, If Ep1 never happened then what would the story be about? I think ep1 is one of the most important if not the most imortant chapter of the story. I explained so much. We know how the story starts and how it ends and most of what happen inbetween. ep3 should answer all questions. and conclude all wonders.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.