main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Was it smart showing Chewbacca in ROTS?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RKORadio, Dec 17, 2012.

1. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I'm glad that Kashyyk found its way into the movie. Especially during the Clone Wars conflict; it provided a great location, and a great way to introduce the Wookies in the PT (the Senate scenes don't count). Of course, since the scenes were originally supposed to exist because of Chewbacca, it's only right that he be present. In fact, not seeing Chewbacca on a planet full of Wookies might leave some fans feeling cheated.

The only thing that's debatable though is the role that Chewie played. I expected a small cameo, but he ended up playing a much larger role. The only problem with this is potential confusion when trying to tie in the rest of the series.

2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Not really. Chewie ended up on the run after the Rise of the Empire. It shows us us how low elements of the old Republic have fallen in society

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

3. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    why are you always so negative? :confused:

SlashMan likes this.
  4. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Chewbacca is a Wookiee, why wouldn't he be fighting in an invasion of the Wookiee home planet?

5. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Let me put that in context for you to clear up your misunderstanding. The OP asked, "Was it smart showing Chewbacca in ROTS?" My answer if expanded to clarify my opinion would be, "No, I don't think it was smart. Fan service almost always comes off as cheesy and/or unnecessary. (see AUJ for further examples) I feel even having Chewbacca in the movie contributed to the shrinking universe problem that the PT created for the Saga overall and am just grateful that GL didn't shoehorn in a scene where Yoda introduces Chewbacca to a 10 year old Han Solo."

Why not join the debate and, (more importantly,) stay on topic instead of using the thread to criticize me?

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The PT created? Right...

Overlooking the OT much?

SlashMan likes this.
  7. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't believe the OT had a shrinking universe problem, no. You seem to disagree. Why is that?

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Leia being Luke' sister, for example?

SlashMan and son_of_skywalker03 like this.
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He can fight, but he doesn't have to be seen and he doesn't have to be Yoda's pal.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  10. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Chewbacca's presence in ROTS did not hurt the movie, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying that it was necessary. But I really don't see any reason to complain about his presence.

The other Cleopatra's and Alexrd like this.
  11. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    One of the big villains of the trilogy (Vader) being the father of the hero.

12. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    technicalllllyyyy.....C-3PO was not made by Anakin...

13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Well Vader does state it here

14. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    Yea.....I can't watch that video cause apparently whoever uploaded it hates america!

seriously though, it's blocked in america for some reason.

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    A clip from an American show on youtube and you can't play it :confused:[face_thinking]