Was Jacen unknowingly spreading some kind of dark infection? (possible FOTJ spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Now that Luke and Ben are retracing Jacen's journey to the foreign Force Cultures, I'm starting to see a pattern.

Jacen goes to the Baran Do, and the leader of the Hidden Ones then became unhinged for the next dozen or so years.
    Jacen goes to the Aing-Tii, and tensions have since broken out between them.

Jacen, at some time, had to give Nelani Dinn some lightsaber training, when he was supposed to be travelling around the galaxy. But Luke and Leia and his family don't seem to have known about this, since his return during the Dark Nest crisis was the first time they had seen him in 5 years. Mysterious...

If Jacen was somehow "infected" during his journey, and was "infecting" these Force Cultures he visited, maybe the time he came across Nelani was when he infected the Jedi Order... eventually leading to their bizzare ethical code by the time he formally returned to them during the Dark Nest crisis, which they claimed to have gotten from Vergere's teachings.

Perhaps those young Jedi who were hidden in the Maw are now showing an extreme version of this infection. Since it has been with them for the last 15 or so years of their lives, starting at a very young age, it has had more time to develop individually in each one of them.
  2. Liliedhe Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've been thinking the same. Whereever Jacen went, something went wahoonie-shaped in his wake... He definitely was causing something. Maybe just with being there and asking questions, but maybe with something else...
  3. Hendo255 Jedi Knight

star 2
    hmm it's a possibiliy[face_thinking]
    the only thing that holds me back tho is that if he was infected I'd expect way more Jedi to be coming down with the sickness. One that particularly sticks out is Seha Dorvald since she was around him so much as his errand girl. Granted for all I know, in the next book there could be 20 more to develop the sickenss...
  4. killfire Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe the source of the infection is Nelani (Dinn = Djinn). Jacen trains with her and wanders off, infecting other force cults. Because he was so "pure" by the end of NJO it takes longer to infect him. When he realizes this in his subconscious, he kills her off in Betrayal. That could also lead to a nice retcon for Jacen. Still an ****, but a good one. It also leads to Luke and Ben wandering through FOTJ without getting anywhere, until Luke realizes he has to return to solve the problem which leads to his conviction.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.