main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Was Jango Fett part of Death watch

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I was thinking about this earlier today. So could Jango have been a death watch member he wears there armor and he acted like them.

So what do you all think.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Don't all Mandos wear that armor, and how does he act like them? Death Watch doesn't bounty hunt.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Why I sid that even there pistols look similar.

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Could just be Mandalorian pistols.

What I think would be cool would be if Jango was a member of the Genoharadan, and hence worked for the Sith.

Darth Blade likes this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I adore the concept behind the GenoHaradan.

I mean, just the first line of the current wook' entry says it all:

"The GenoHaradan was a secret bounty hunter guild that manipulated galactic political events through assassination."

How cool is that? The actual history is more detailed than that, but even in just the one line, you're hooked! :D

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Wasn't EU Jango vehemently against the Visla clan (or at least Tor)? I think that would carry over to canon as Death Watch did, since Tor was the EU founder. But it isn't canon, so anything is possible I suppose.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I am just saying since the death watch were the only fighters out there.

8. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    Didn't Death Watch kill Jango Fett's family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Elegy like this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I adore the concept too. It explains where Sheev gets all those bounty hunters from.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    In the old EU.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Could Jango be a member of Death Watch? Yes.

Is there any evidence to suggest he is? No.

How do we know Almec wasn't telling the truth when he said that Jango stole Mando stuff? How do we know that the True Mandalorian won't be canonized?

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Because it won't add up were would they have been.

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    deathwatch said he was a poser.

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Someone posted this:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/boba-and-jango-fett-are-not-mandalorian-1554690/

"Now, all the history of Mandalore that you knew prior to the Clone Wars - it does exist. It absolutely exists. Were they a mercenary people? Yes, they absolutely are. Did they fight against the Jedi? Yes, they absolutely did. Is there a big battle where there is a cataclysm between them and the Jedi? Yes. Have we pushed that idea - that the cataclysm was so great, that the surface of Mandalore was laid to waste? Absolutely, we did. Because, to George, the Mandalorians - above all, dating back to Empire Strikes Back - are super commandos. They're a race of people that were a military. They can't be so vagabond as they appeared in the EU. They can't be this group of people that are vastly different in paint job and paint scheme because - if you do that, they look too much, immediately, like a bunch of Boba Fetts. It robbed Boba Fett of his uniqueness. We needed a military. We needed an army. They have a very uniform look. They are trying to bring back the ancient Mandalorian ways of being the Super commando and regain dominion for their mythology, their stories - which is what you could call - is what the EU is. That they are a warrior race and eventually mercenaries." - Dave Filoni

"So, the idea that Jango Fett is not a Mandalorian - that's something that comes directly from George. I think that - when we fist saw Jango in Attack of the Clones - that a lot of us, myself included, we assumed, "Oh, he must be a Mandalorian. There he is in Mandalorian armor." So, there's kind of this early assumption that Jango must be a Mandalorian. That was interesting to see. But, that was never stated in the film. It's never stated that he's Mandalorian. He's always just referred to as a bounty hunter." - Dave Filoni

"Once you have that silver, blue, black and grey armor - of course, the first thing is: "Well, why is Boba's green? Where is that coming from?" And, from the point that we've established in the Clone Wars - to the point whenever Boba gets his armor - there's one thing that I think is important, is that; Mandalorian armor exists during the Clone Wars. Mandalorian armor that's very close to the design and use of Boba's armor. Boba has tricked his armor out. He's added a few things that our Death Watch guys don't have because he's a bounty hunter and much like a gunslinger in the old west, would shoot someone and take their hat or take their guns or, y'know, you win a victory over another warrior and you take something of theirs - Boba Fett's armor probably is made up of different pieces of found Mandalorian gear. It's a little hodge-podge of mix n' match which I think, kinda lends itself to the idea that he acquires different pieces of Mandalorian armor over time. Why does he do that? Because his dad wore it. That's the connection for him. So I imagine this Mandalorian armor really isn't being created again and again and again when you look at the time of the Empire. Boba just - whenever he finds some of it, he fixes it up, he uses it. He's probably got a bunch of it in Slave 1. Different rocket packs, we've seen that on Boba. Different wrist guards, we've seen that on Boba. So how do our Death Watch go from being these silver, pristine-looking uniform military guys - there must be something that happens in between here and where Boba's getting all this weird green and yellow and red armor. Um, and we'll just have to wait and see." - Dave Filoni

"They are an important part of the Clone Wars in a lot of ways. In that, they are as much a threat to what Dooku's doing as they are to the Republic. They can't be left unmentioned when you do the Clone Wars. So it was a real privilege, I think, for myself and my whole crew to be involved in the creation of one of these legendary planets for George and - he was very specific with me on so many things and I'm always glad when he is because at the end of the day, y'know, 10, 20 years from now - that's, that's Mandalore. And when he looks at it, I want him to say, "That's what I pictured." Y'know? And I'm glad that fans now have the opportunity to see what he was thinking. And I look forward to seeing how, what we've done for George with the Mandalorians, effects now the future of the history and those people and what other creative people bring to the table to add to the rich tapestry which now is this unique Star Wars culture." - Dave Filoni

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wait they did can I have a source on that.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I will hand it to you there.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    It sure does.

And Jango's mission to eliminate Senator Amidala is perfectly in-keeping with "manipulating galactic events through political assassination," as well.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Season two was very brief and you can get more than one interpretation as The New Mandalorians could be doing damage control and denials, especially to a forign government official, as they're at war with terrorists which they're keeping a lid on . Not sure why the actor playing Jango thought he was a Mandalorian and the all the Mando stuff from Republic Commando, the supposedly Mando writing on the Slave I, the weird language Fett spoke to Boba. Seems all the EU stuff about Fett's was never canon under George.

It is rather like the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing weird stuff:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Jango_Fett

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't Jango speaking Huttese to Boba? I think the AOTC novel said that anyway.

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    When Jango instructed Boba to close the door?

I guess I always just assumed it was Mando'a.

That said, I never investigated it and I haven't read the AOTC novelization in probably a decade, so I could be way off.**

Mia Mesharad or even Circular Logic would know for sure. Too bad we haven't seen hide nor hair of either one of them for some time. I miss them both.

**A quick look at the novelization's depiction of the scene in question describes Jango's words to Boba as coming "in a coded language." Is it possible that that this language is confirmed as Huttese in a different passage of the book?

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, I miss those two as well. But I can also confirm it wasn't Mando'a.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    After a quick check of the Junior AOTC novel and the Boba Fett young reader book Boba Fett: The Fight To Survive - I found the "Jango's speaking Huttese" reference in The Fight to Survive.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    If Jango Fett (and clone son Boba) is a poser, then there really shouldnt be any connection with Sabine to him and Fett wouldnt care about Mandalore or Mandalorians. He just steals and copies their gear or had a stockpile of equipment on the Slave I which may or may not of been owned by an actual Mandalorian since there is actual Mandalorian language within the ship(Fett may or may not be able to read). Reminds me of the rumors that Boba Fett is just armor and wearer changes.

Prior to 2002, a typeface consisting of narrow vertical characters was developed to represent the written form of the Mandalorian language. It was developed by Philip Metschan at the request of George Lucas to be used throughout Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones. The typeface was originally featured on displays within Jango Fett's Slave I and was also used throughout The Clone Wars series to denote instances of written Mandalorian. The spoken Mandalorian language (Mando’a) was being developed into a working language by Karen Traviss however this has ceased since she ceased writing the Republic/Imperial commando series due to "creative differences" with the publisher.

A common misconception is that the written form of Mandalorian was developed by Karen Traviss and Jesse Harlin, for the Republic Commando multimedia project. While they did develop the Mando'a spoken language and its associated grammatical rules, they are not responsible for the original written visual depiction developed by Metschan. Karen Traviss often credits a 23-letter alphabet to Jesse Harlin. However, at the time, he was simply working from an incomplete version of Metschan's typeface licensed to them by LucasFilm.

Portions exist in the its spin-off books, Republic Commando: Hard Contact, Republic Commando: Triple Zero, Republic Commando: True Colors, and Republic Commando: Order 66. Order 66 recently added new words to the list which are found at the link: http://www.karentraviss.com/page20/page26/downloads/index.html. A recent article in Star Wars Insider contained a guide to the language, and online audio clips have been released as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandalorian

24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    In the Bounty Hunter code Jango's notes seemed to imply that he was a true Mandalorian, but was opposed to Death Watch. He had some kind of vendetta against them, but was still a Mando.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    But that's not Canon and I am asking in Canon is he death watch because as of yet true mandalorian a don't exist.