main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Was Jango Fett part of Death watch

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Could go either way now. When the EU was around he was saved by Jaster Mereel as a kid, a former journeyman protector and fiercely opposing Death Watch by the time he died.

So it is entirely possible he was. The Fett clan history is wiped clean after all...

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Although if they ever do bring TMs back into Canon it will be interesting to see that explained.

3. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006

No, he's not Death Watch, because...

...you're mistaken about this, tho apparently they're made by the same company and have nearly identical names, just differing model numbers. Death Watch & Sabine use blocky pistols, Jango uses pistols with more sculpted grips and cylindrical barrels, they look wildly different.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  5. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I Love You Guys
    [​IMG]

Anyway, yeah, Jango speaks Huttese to Boba in Attack of the Clones. But all of Jango's equipment, in and out of the Slave I, uses the runic Mandalorian script developed by Philip Metschan for the film. The same script is reused throughout The Clone Wars and numerous other sources for written Mando'a.

Jango Fett is also still associated with the True Mandalorians in The Clone Wars movie novelization; the novelizations of the Star Wars films are still considered canon in all places that do not conflict with the films themselves. So no, Jango's not part of Death Watch.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Tell that to Wookeeipidia.

Or maybe they take almec to what he says.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Nice to see you, Mia. :)

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Tell Depa Billaba that.

9. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    I'd rather have Jango still be a True Mandalorian in this timeline but it wouldn't surprise me if they changed his back story like they're doing with every other character.

rumsmuggler and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Who knows? Using the old EU stuff is all I can think of doing. Nothing really has been said on Jango's origins now.

11. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Jango wasn't Mandalorian; at least not a full blooded one and judging by how TCW designed the Mandalorians if Jango had Mandalorian blood he was half and possibly his mother was the Mandalorian since the Prime Minister of Mandalore should be familiar with the last names of his people.

If Jango doesn't have Mandalorian blood he could have bought the armor off some Mandalorian looking to disappear like that member of Death Watch that failed to assassinate Satine on Coruscant. Or he could have bought it off of the Black Market. Obi-Wan did mention that he had met Satine as a Padawan and that he had protected her during a Civil War between her people so somone could have either stolen it or a Mandalorian put it up themselves after the war since they became pacifists.

And judging from what and how Bo-Katan said and reacted at times in Season Five that Death Watch doesn't recruit non Mandalorians or at least not often if she was what some might call a 'purist'.

Oh, the ship was a remodeled Kuat Patrol Ship apparently

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Or he could have killed a Death Watchman and taken his armour

darklordoftech and Lady_Misty like this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Or that.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Now that's something I would read.

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

And it would establish him as tough and all around cool; so to speak.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I am all for it.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So here is something I thought of Boba Fetts armor was it Jangos or another pair.

18. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Other armor. He blew up Jango's helmet, remember? Jango's armor, like his torso armor, was attached to fabric of a different color than Boba's, so even if Boba repainted the armor the fabric would probably be the same color. Filoni talked about his belief that Jango would assemble armor piecemeal from different sources, modify 'em to his liking, etc. He's got different jetpacks and different gauntlets at least, as we saw from his appearances in the films; he may even have other helmets.

Jedi Knight Fett and Gamiel like this.
  19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    we see mandalore and real mandos in the tcw which IS canon. jango is not one of them.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What I meant by True Mandalorians were the people who fought death watch in the EU i know we saw Mandalore in TCW.

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i have no idea then. i say if the canon doesn't contradict it just go with it.

22. Elegy

Elegy Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2015
    This.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Was Sabine's mother a member of Death Watch?

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's dumb, then. That's like a Jew wearing a SS uniform after his family was executed by the Nazis.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Even though death watch was brutal they would never kill other Mandalorians.