main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Was Jango Fett part of Death watch

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 3, 2015.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Except they did kill other Mandalorians? Lots of them?

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Show me when and what I meant are random people of Mandalore not guards.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    In The Lawless when Bo-Katan's faction fought against Maul loyalists?

And though they didn't do the killing personally, they were in on the plan (and supposedly in command) when Savage and the gangsters invaded Sundari in Shades of Reason, and I'm pretty sure random civilians were killed in the invasion. Death Watch is responsible for those deaths.

Trebor Sabreon and Darth Blade like this.
  4. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    Exactly! Death Watch essentially had a civil war killing each other when they split into two factions just because of disagreement about their code of honor after Maul defeated Pre Visla in one on one combat.

In the EU Death Watch killed Fett's parents because they were hiding True Mandalorians on their property.

Death Watch had no problem killing any and everyone standing in the way of their objectives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

well I see your point I still think in the new canon they will change how his parents died.

6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012

[​IMG]

enigmaticjedi likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Point taken

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Filoni again does say that to Lucas, Jango was not Mandalorian and that is the canon to the storygroup basically. And the Aryan Nazi concept and look of the characters was deliberate.

https://www.facebook.com/Manda.yaim/posts/753415814702810

Plus to him Clones dont have a Mandalorian connection, despite EU and novels to contrary, so looked like a deliberate mission by Lucas and Filoni.

Sabine though is by blood and culture, Mandalorian.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    was re watching the first Mandalore arc... the death watch armor is remarkably similar. Going by canon, I'm guessing he swiped it or had some connection.

[​IMG]

enigmaticjedi and darklordoftech like this.
  10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder where Boba got his armor.

11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    jango stole some from mandolorians. boba re-used those. this whole thread has given the answers.

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I think it would make more sense for Jango to have been trained or raised by actual Mandalorian than just a thief with an obsession with Mandalorian arms and culture. Maybe its more dignified character wise the latter option, He did seem like he knew what he was doing in AOTC - well up to the arena part where Lucas had him die by Mace like a fool that just relied on his blasters.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don’t think we actually never see him obsess over mando arms (or really the culture), he just use the armour. The arms we see him use are of different manufactures that are not mandolorian.
    Are you saing that he would not knew what he was doing in AOTC if he was not a mando?

14. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    In TCW, Mandalore's prime minister says that Jango Fett was no Mandalorian, that he was just some bounty hunter who somehow acquired Mandalorian armour.

If Jango ever encountered Pre Visla's Death Watch, how would it go? Would they demand Fett to explain how he obtained the armor? Could Fett beat Visla in a duel?

15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I think there is already an topic that extensively covers this kinda thing already:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/was-jango-fett-part-of-death-watch.50027897/

Jango would likely be shot dead for being an impostor and wearing their armor and symbols. Vizla from what we see on the toon is a far superior combatant(was able to fight Kenobi, Ahsoka and Maul) and a military commander. Neither Jango nor Boba stood a chance one on one with a Jedi(Jango against Windu or Boba against Luke).

16. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Oh didn't see that topic.

Jango fought pretty well against Kenobi in AOTC though

rumsmuggler likes this.
  17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I always had the opinion that Almec was either misinformed or lying about Fett and his Mandalorian status.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What would he gain from lieing?

19. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Nothing other than trying to prove the point that Mandalorians are no longer warriors.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    And another reason to cross out being miss informed they would have had records of who was born on Mandalore/Cancordia.

21. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    You are correct but records can be faked or altered. It ultimately makes no difference since the powers that be have said that Fett is longer a Mandalorian. I have no issues with him just being a guy who took the armor one way or another and using it.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well for now.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This is my headcanon. It makes Jango independent and badass.

Gamiel and thejeditraitor like this.
  24. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    The only real similarity is the blue trim... Death Watch wears dark armor, and darker blue clothes. Jango had silver armor and light blue clothes.

Boba acquires his own armor piecemeal over time, hence the differing gauntlets and jetpacks. Could be after the Mando Civil War ends, the warrior culture becomes more accepted and a greater variety of armor deco becomes the norm, so Boba could've gotten his from any post-MCW Mando warrior he clashed with.

25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Cool game:

Vosa in the game claimed she killed Mandalorians while she was a Jedi. Lucas and TCW overruled that game though,shame as some aspects were very good, Vosa was a neat character. But even in this game, it is is said that mandalorian Jaster Mereel took Jango under his wing.

rumsmuggler likes this.