main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Was Jedi, Lucas' way of redoing ANH?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I agree, there just wasn't much in ANH, other than Luke losing his aunt and uncle of course.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I liked a new hope, especially after watching the prequels, and imagining an older, bald, pale skinned hayden christensen under vader's face is just plain awesome, especially when he meets his daughter and son, and how he dueled obi wan in a volcano 20 yrs before in an agile duel, but now they're either weakened in a robot suit or very old. I imagine flashbacks, and vader avenges his old master from turning him into the cyborg he is! Padme's children who were seperated at birth now meet. Leia also has padme's haircut from earlier in ROTS! And luke is just like his father- a pilot, who destroyed the death star like anakin destroyed the droid ship in TPM, with his father's robot companions, who got their memories wiped out to serve a new master- anakin's son. I remember vader's face as anakin! Nostaglic. I noticed padme's abscence, and was very sad because of that, but it was interesting that way. The long haired young man from the prequels is now this guy in a samurai robot suit and voice, with a deformed face from a volcano underneath it. We know now, his true face!

When luke was smiling and laughing when being a pilot, reminded me of vader's expression 2 decades before, as the good guy jedi who was luke's father, anakin skywalker. Referencing a backstory in a movie is one thing, showing it is totally different. We also know that luke's father is now a cyborg. Knowing that vader and leia are father and daughter (watching it in chronlogical order) makes it even more interesting, the alderaan part. Leia looked like her mother! Luke's robot pals belonged to vader, and his jedi father too, who are one and the same. Obi wan and vader meet again at last, like in episode 3. The children that padme was pregnant with, are now young adults.

[​IMG]

And the tantinve iv had yoda in it in the prequels, most of all, chewbacca, luke's alien friend, knew a surviving Jedi master but just didnt' tell anyone, he kept a secret from them.

I think it was emotionally empty, before seeing the prequels and before the prequels came out. Seeing the prequels changed that. Agree?