main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was Obi-wan in love?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by LukeGroundwalker, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    I don't know if this is a good topic but I watch TPM the other day and I noticed during the scene with Qui-gon asking the Jedi Council if he cant train Anakin, I think I saw Obi-wan glimsp at a human women of the Jedi Council. And I think the women kinda looked back. But I am not for sure. And if he didn't look at that women, then was he ever in love?

2. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    No Kenobi is a model, by-the-book Jedi.

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    You're probably just imagining things. Why would Lucas insert something like that?

4. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    Yeh, but so was Kit Fisto and he and Aayla Secura fell in love.

And if you look at the scene carfully, you can see Obi-wan look to the right, then the scene shifts to that women looking to the left. Were Obi-wan was.

5. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Had Kit and Aayla not been Jedi, it's possible that something could have developed. I saw it as nothing more than a great respect for one another, though. They knew the rules against it and did not allow their emotions to take over.

6. Confussion_Zone2

Confussion_Zone2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    I don't think Obi-wan was in love because jedi are not allowed to fall in love[face_shame_on_you] (y else do u think Anikin and Padme keptit on the down low[face_shhh] ?). But Anikin is a rule braker and i dont think there is anithing wrong with that...[face_whistling]

7. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    According the ROTS: the visual dictionary, Obi-Wan had a relationship with Siri Tachi. I know it's only EU cannon, but...

8. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    Was that the same women I was talking about?

9. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    In the later years, their relationship was much like the one between Kit Fisto and Aalya Secura. They were best friends as kids, and once they had grown up a bit they realized they did have feelings for one another. However, they decided to keep their friendship strictly professional so as to avoid breaking the rules of the Jedi. They ended up together again between AOTC and ROTS, and Siri died protecting Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padmé on Azure. She died in Obi-Wan's arms, and gave him a pendant that was very precious to her.

Edit - No, it wasn't. I assume you're referring to Depa Billoba... the one with the dot on her forehead? GL put no reference to Obi-Wan having a relationship in the film, though if you want to see the scene as such that's your prerogative. :)

10. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    Damn it I wish I had a picture I could show you to proove you wrong. Even so, Obi-wan (at one time) was in love.

11. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    What book is the whole Obi/Siri thing in?

12. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    The main ones I can think of are "The Captive Temple" and "The Fight for the Truth" from the Jedi Apprentice series, a couple of books in the Jedi Quest series (I can't remember which ones), and "Secrets of the Jedi." She might have been mentioned in one of the Boba Fett books too but I can't remember for sure. Those are all young reader/Scholastic books, just fyi.

13. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    I guess I am imagining things, but I guess my question has been answered. Obi-wan was in love(or deep respect as some people call it).

14. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    He was just upset that Qui-Gon had decided to train Anakin and just brush him off to the side....

15. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    i have only heard of Obi-Wan's relation with Siri Tachi (RotS visual dictionary, page 12, data file) who is now, like, roaming the galaxy with a bounty hunter. or something. i also heard she died saving Padme. :S

16. LordPimpin

LordPimpin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Don't bait the completists. You can express your opinion without instigating a canon war.

Lord Pimpin

17. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Obi-wan was in love(or deep respect as some people call it).

Just becuase he looks at a female, which I don't think he does, means he's in love.

18. Jedi_Qwetha

Jedi_Qwetha Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    In The Cestus Deception, Sheeka is talking to Obi-wan about loving people and she said "Have you...?" and he said "Yes." and that was the end of the conversation. So I believe that he was in love at one point but chose not to let it interfere with his Jedi-ness, much unlike Anakin...

19. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    No, Obi-1 wasn't in love. I did remember seeing him glance at Depa but he did not look at her for very long.

20. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    That's exactlly what I am talking about. Why did Obi-wan look at her?

21. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Why do you look at that fat ugly women at Mcdonalds? Because you're in love?

22. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    Yeh, but Obi-wan wasn't looking at a fat women, he was looking at a pretty beautiful one.

23. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

24. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    And Depa was beautiful. I think she was prettier than Padme.

25. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    LOL, good point. But still, he looked at her, and why would George include a scene where Obi-wan looks at her and she looks back? Without a reason to look at each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.