main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was Palpatine a Jedi??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth-Jedi-Master, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Jedi-Master

Darth-Jedi-Master Jedi Master star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Was Chancellor Palpatine a Jedi?
    If this was discussed already I apologize.
    I remember Qui Gan telling Anakin?s mother that if he were born under the republic they would have been able to detect the force in him. Why did they not detect it in Palpatine?
    I know the dark side is unclear and hard to see, but I?m sure Palpatine was not evil when he was born.
    What do u thinks?

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    He was born and raised as a Sith.

3. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    he was a sith his whole life, i believe.

his parents probably hid him from the jedi, or he was like anakin and on the outer rim

4. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    No, a Sith.
    It probably was. A lot.
    He hides himself in the Dark Side. "The Dark Side clouds everything."
    Why are you sure of that?
    That you should improve your spelling.

5. RogueJediOutcast

RogueJediOutcast Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2005
    Palpatine was a sith from the start. Rember in ROTS, Darth Plagous, or however you spell it, was his master, so he was always a sith. And he used the Dark Side of the force to *blind* the jedi so the wouldnt know he was a sith, or had any force powers for that matter.(sp?)

RJO

6. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    Well, firstly, palpatine was born on naboo. he started as the senator from there, hence how padme knew him so well. Naboo is kinda outa the way, and it wouldn't be hard for a sith lord ot see his potential and scoop him up train him in the dark side. There are ways to conceal your force prowess, as palpatine demonstrates in episode III. Anywho, he's a politician. How could he be a jedi? lol the answer is no, he could not have been a jedi or else the council would have known he was force sensitive and would have put thogether the fact that he was ambitious and power hungry and stopped him sooner then they tried to.

7. Darth-Jedi-Master

Jun 2, 2005
    I don?t know I don?t follow the EU, but I?m sure he had a normal family how else would he be a politician some where in between there is were he masked his powers and found a master.

8. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    sounds plausible to me. the main thing is he wasnt jedi, because the jedi didn't even expect him of being force sensitive. an enemy, yes, but not a sith lord.

9. Darth-Jedi-Master

Jun 2, 2005
    I understand that he was not a Jedi, I just wanted to raise the question that it was possible he could have been one, but how he kept it from the Jedi counsel is a mystery being that Naboo is part of the republic.

Jacob Aldrich likes this.
  10. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    true, but in TPm it didnt look like it had many jedi on it and it takes a jedi to sense that kind of stuff. The planet was pretty pieceful and didn't call for jedi intervention much, so i see it as easy to hide yourself.

11. Darth-Jedi-Master

Jun 2, 2005
    Good point, I'm sure there was peace for a long while until Palpatine stir thinks up

12. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    True. id didnt think of that for this topic. Chancellor Valarum (I think) struck me as a peaceful amn, so, yeah, hte galaxy probably was pretty peaceful. Maybe some warlord out there trying to take over tattooine to deal with, but besides that.....

13. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    If he had ever been a Jedi, the Council would remember him being as such.

14. emperorpalpatine102

emperorpalpatine102 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    he said he knows both ways of the force so hes a jedi and a sith and he was probably sipher dias

15. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Sipher Dias?

Ahh yes, the famous Hispanic Jedi Master hailing from Ensanada.

16. Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn

Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    First of all, people are saying that he used the dark side to cloud the Jedi's vision. I dont think he had the ability or desire to do that right after he was born. Can you imagine a four year old palpatine controlling the minds of Jedi?

Also, we know that Palpatine was born on Naboo. i doubt the Galactic Senate allows people from other planets to represent another planet. And Naboo is a major human planet. They sure got the attention of the Trade Federation and their senators have a history of being a major player in the Senate (e.g. Palpatine, Padme).

I'm sure force-in-tuned babies are found when they are born on Naboo. So in theory Palpatine would have been found by the Jedi. In ROTS, Palpatine claims to know both sides, meaning the light and the dark. Who tought him the light side? Plageius?

Its possible he was found and maybe trained as a youngling and then kidnapped/brainwashed by plagieus. I'm sure he found a way to fake his death or something so he wouldnt be missed by the jedi temple.

17. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Sounds good to me.... except, then how does amadalia know him and how is he the senator of naboo? did he show up one day and say, Im from naboo, let me be senator? And if he revealed who he really was to everyone there, then the jedi would have to take notice if the dead came back. Good theory,b ut those were flaws i saw in it.

18. Kad_Ath

Kad_Ath Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    true, but in TPm it didnt look like it had many jedi on it and it takes a jedi to sense that kind of stuff.

Unless of course in the standard tests babies get after they are born, part of that includes a midichlorian count, which doesnt seem to be all that difficult to test for in Anakin in TPM.

Honestly the only thing I can think of is that some planets just dont do those tests, Naboo may be one of them or Palpatine isnt actually from Naboo. I mean hiding your presence among Jedi Masters would probably be harder than making it appear your from a planet that you really aren't.

19. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    that's true....... i guess that works. I'll have to think on it. IT doesn't seem right to me,b ut that's my pinion. interesting idea though.

20. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    The sith found him first, simple as that.

21. Darth-Jedi-Master

Jun 2, 2005
    I just can?t see a Sith Lord training him from birth, it?s just sound very Jedi not sith I love Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn?s theory, because if he was born in the republic they had to know of his force powers. My point was how did he go under the councils nose so long with out being detected and to become a Senator no less.

22. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    So was he born on Naboo or what?

23. Darth-Jedi-Master

Jun 2, 2005
    Yes he was born in Naboo

24. MasterThor

MasterThor Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Palpatine was a little boy called Dantius? Palpatine. When Plagius came to naboo, he taught palpatine to use the mediclorians (sp) in a persons body to create life. Than Palpatine killed Plagius for power, than fully became the sith lord. He never was a jedi because his training began when he was a little boy on naboo.

25. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    "Palpatine was a little boy called Dantius? Palpatine. When Plagius came to naboo, he taught palpatine to use the mediclorians (sp) in a persons body to create life. Than Palpatine killed Plagius for power, than fully became the sith lord. He never was a jedi because his training began when he was a little boy on naboo."

Where on Earth did you hear that BS?

Please don't say SS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.