main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was Palpatine going to issue order 66 regardless of Mace & posse visiting?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by El_Rabbito, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Remember, he kept the seperatist council safe untill he got what he wanted. They were his insurance policy. Sure Grievious and Dooku were dead, but they were mere pawns. If need be, Palpatine could always find another Grievious or Dooku and put them at the head of the CIS to make it seem like they were a real threat. The CIS would have faught FOREVER for Sidious by this point, because he probably made it clear that their lives would be short if they didn't cooperate. At the start of TPM, Gunray was allowed the illusion that he was in charge, was calling all of the shots, and had everything to gain and was being backed by someone powerful. From that point on, things spiraled out of control for him pretty quickly. By RoTS all he could do is write checks and hide wherever the Sith Lord wanted him to, probably more in fear for his life than hoping to win some war. Sids would have given the Seperatists time to regroup and spend more money while still making small, well calculated attacks to keep everyone on their toes. Soon they would be attacking again in full force and Palpatine would have another chance.

Carnage

2. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    Am I the only one who thinks it didn't matter very much whether mace really threatend him or not,

"Master Jedi, are you threatening me...?"

"Nah, the cable went out over at the Jedi Temple, just wondering if we could watch the pod race on your big scree-"

*Palpatine ignites saber*

*Kills posse*

*Mace, ignite saber*

"He's the traitor, see, he attacked me first, I was just defeding myself... ahead of time"

3. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    [face_laugh] :D [face_laugh]

But seriously, I believe that the Jedi would've survived if not for "da' Man wit' da' purple saber!" (& palpy would be in a REAL dillemma)

4. El_Rabbito

El_Rabbito Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2005
    LOL but change it to "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?" And don't forget Mace and poss ignited their lightsabers first. Easy to feel threatened when you got 4 lightsabers in your face.

5. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    This is what i've been trying to say all along.

Palpatine has set up the Mace and posse vs. himself to FINALLY GET ANAKIN to betray his Jedi Family and so that he could FINALLY execute his ORDER 66.

Without Palpatine being at Mace's mercy, HE WOULD NEVER have the VALID REASON to the SENATE about the JEDI Purge.

The Mace confrontation has to happen. It was all a SET-UP.

If he could have executed ORDER 66 BEFORE THIS...then he would have DONE IT way before ROTS.

Palpatine knows the Jedi would have to confront him about his emergency powers and it was he who revealed that he was a SIth to Anakin.

He also knows that Anakin is going to tell the Jedi.

So if Mace did not confront him then Palpatine would still find a way to make the Jedi TRY to ATTACK HIM.

He has to be at the Jedi's mercy to execute Order 66.

6. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    Was Palpatine going to issue order 66 regardless of Mace & posse visiting?

No, he needed a witness and evidence to justify Order 66 to the Republic and the Senate. Otherwise his move for Imperial reorganization would have no grounds since the clone war would soon be over. Anakin became his witness and his so called scars were the evidence.

7. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    palpatine to anavader: "i think they will. they need you, more than you know . . ."

palpatine was only waiting on anakin before issuing order 66, i think he would hav at any time if he was convinced that anakin could not be turned. he had anakin on a string already, though. anakin was always palpatine's weakness. he had executive powers already. period. he doesnt *need* to justify anything. he just wants things to run as smooth as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.