main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was Palpatine prepared for how people would react to his plans?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by nancyallen, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    I was reading the book Heartbreak and Triumph and the chapter on Montreal, Shawn Michaels was talking to Bret Hart and after the conversation he was thinking about what they were going to do to him and how much people are going to hate him because of it. I was wondering if Palpatine might have been thinking this at all. How people would have reacted to his plan to kill the Jedi, to take over the galaxy. Is this shown at all? Does he feel anything about it, upset at the hostility and animosity people would have for him, or wouldn't he care? I know that it's been discussed that the Death Star rallied the galaxy against him like nothing else, had any personal feelings over that been shown?

2. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Well, he twisted it all around by saying that the Jedi were trying to overthrow him and take over the galaxy and for the most part(if the Senate Chamber scene in ROTS after Palps' duel with Windu is any indication) they accepted it. He was certainly prepared, all his machinations proved that, but later on I don't think he counted on a lowly young moisture farmer, a few droids, a swashbuckling smuggler and a determined princess to bring his Empire to its' knees. After all, he always felt the Rebellion was frivolous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.