main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Was someone here looking for Luminara Unduli costume refs?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LeiaAsylum, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi all,

wasn't someone here recently looking for photo refs of the Luminara Unduli costume? A member of the San Fran Fan Force posted a link on their boards to her photo albums from the FIDM exhibit in LA, and with her permission I am posting the link here, in case anyone needs or wants the photos for reference. The photos are great and are well organized into categories so it's easy to find what you're looking for. Go to:

http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/fidm

Also related to Luminara, she graces the cover of a magazine called "Ornament" (or something like that) that I saw in Borders for the first time ever this weekend. The photo is a publicity shot and she's holding her hands up near her face, so there is a decent closeup of her arm bands, in case anyone needs it. Inside the mag are a few more publicity type shots of other characters that might be useful for costume refs.

I know most of us are working on the Lancaster Cty costumes right now, but thought I'd put this out there in case it's useful for future reference!

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Thank you for the post!

If it's the last thing I do I am going to make a accurate recreation of that headpiece, only in black of course.

If only I could have gone to LA and handled the headpiece long enough to figure out how it was made. :(

3. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    Actually, I got to see the exhibit while I was in LA on business, and they didn't even have the headpiece, only the clothing.

-Lori

4. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    I think they had the headpiece for Luminara but not the elaborate headpiece for Shaak Ti, which was unfortunate b/c I think Shaak Ti is one of the coolest looking Jedi. If I had the time, money, skills, and patience I'd love to do a Shaak Ti costume! But a random Jedi is easier, and I already have all the wardrobe pieces, so random Jedi it is! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.