main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was Temple of doom anyone elses favorite indy movie?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Jason79, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    It's not my favorite but it's a fun movie that has it's moments. I really like the beginning with the fight for the diamonds and the antidote.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Hmm, I guess I'm in the minority on this too... I like them all, but Temple of Doom is probably my favorite. Great story, great non-stop action... it's just the most fun, except of course for Willie's non-stop screaming.

3. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I'd have to go with the original Raiders as my favorite

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Artoo Detoo

Artoo Detoo Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2013
    Temple of Doom was pretty epic in it's own little way. When I was younger, it was my second favorite Indy film (after Raiders, of course). Now that I'm older, it's probably my third favorite with Last Crusade being second (I've come to appreciate LC's story more now that I'm older). Temple of Doom got strange at points, but it was nonetheless entertaining. Short Round's humor made the movie what it was! :)

5. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I like it, but it's my least favorite of the four.
    And I agree that Short Round is pretty cool. Lao Che wasn't a bad character either.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm still wondering who is and who isn't under the influence of the potion.

7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I'd say that it's probably tied for my favorite Indy movie with Crystal Skull.

You all want me flayed and maimed now, I know. But I have strange tastes in films, it seems.

FRAGWAGON and Ingram_I like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It is probably Kate Capshaw's favorite Indy film.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. AntilllesRedTwo

AntilllesRedTwo Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2013
    ToD was good, but it had plenty of dumb moments. I always preferred Crusade.

10. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    It's my least favorite as well, hardcore Indy fans probably want me executed for liking Crystal Skull More.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  11. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I loved Crystal Skull, but Raiders has my Indy heart. Saw it re-released last fall. People say "there are no perfect films" but Raiders is perfect in my book, first to last shot.

12. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    I think Temple of Doom is okay. Raiders and Crusade are 1/2, respectively. Doom is a pretty good distance behind and Crystal Skull is way behind.

13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I remember really enjoying it but I'd have to re-watch all 4 films to see which one I like the most.

14. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    PhotoFinish:
    1st: Raiders
    2nd: Crusade
    3rd: Doom
    Its almost a tie though.

KotCS was apparently shot by tuscan raiders around turn three and it did not finish.. :(

15. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Raiders was always my favorite Jones movie, it was also the first one I saw as a kid. Crusade would definitely be my second. Crystal Skull and Doom are too close to rank.

16. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    It's at least my second favorite after Raiders, if not the favorite. I love it.

17. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Temple of Doom has always been my favourite. Last Crusade is second.

18. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Temple of Doom is my favorite. It's a classic adventuring story that seems like a roller coaster ride from start to finish. Or should I say mine cart ride. Indy is at his best and is joined by a great sidekick in Short Round. I still can't believe it's viewed as too dark. I think it's lighter in tone then Raiders.

My rankings after recent rewatch this past week:

1.)ToD
    2.)RotLA
    3.)TLC
    4.)KotCS