main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was the Mysteries of the Sith expansion game any good?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

LucasBuiltMeHotRod Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    You got to be Mara Jade, a by then established EU charector.
    That sounds pretty cool....but was it?

2. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    it's okay the graphics are out of date but good. i lost my cd so i haven't played it.

3. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I've actually had that game since it came out, but finally decided to play it a couple weeks ago. It suprised me really, I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. If you can play it, then go for it.

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I liked it a lot. It had some good levels and a pretty interesting storyline. And the last few levels were great, especially with all the beasts that leap at you out of the darkness.

:cool:

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It was / is excellent. Amazingly huge levels and great atmosphere.

Read about its development here;

part 1 | part 2

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I hated those vornskrs. I never played through that part without cheating (but the rest, so I'll say it counts).

And the huge puzzle in the very last level (that dome-like thing) was soooo annoying. I played the game a hundred times and I think I was always confused.

but the rest is quite cool :)

7. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>I hated those vornskrs. I never played through that part without cheating (but the rest, so I'll say it counts). <<<

And even then, it sometimes took two Force Destructions to kill them! I must say, though, that having the player be without weapons was brilliant, IMO.

>>>And the huge puzzle in the very last level (that dome-like thing) was soooo annoying. I played the game a hundred times and I think I was always confused.<<<

Oh yeah! I think that all the times I have solved it, it was by accident. [face_hypnotized]

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I took out all the vornskyrs with saber throw. You could hit them and be just outside their detection range, so they wouldn't attack and just get pummelled by the thrown saber.

9. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...eh, it's pretty cool game from the word go, though it also was a might-bit challenging.

I always liked how you actually got to fight alongside some Rebel troopers (i don't think you'd ever had any allies, up to that point. It was always Kyle and the badguys, one on one.)

10. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Its much better than the stuff they make now and the levels are huge and I really like the city levels. The last part of the last level made me go insane until I just tried different combinations.

11. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I enjoyed playing it, but my disk was scratched a bit so the movies were uber-fast, and I had no idea what the story was.

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    :confused:

13. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Maybe you pressed something. I recall there being a glitch for me that when I paused the cutscene, and then unpaused, it played in fast mode.

14. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    And then there were all of the mods/add-on levels... [face_dancing]

EDIT: I get that problem too, might be a XP compatibility issue.

15. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Possibly, I just attributed it to a scratched disk.

jp, when the cutscenes run, they play it at 10x speed, so you don't have a clue what the story is, or the dialogue, or anything.

16. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Well, I've had the game since '99...

Actually, it has ran on Windows 98 and ME computers and I've only encountered the cutscene problems on the XP computer.

17. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

LucasBuiltMeHotRod Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    thanks for the opinions guys. anybody know if they ever formatted this and jedi knight for the mac?

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Doesn't look like it

19. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I really liked it. The ending was pretty unique in the FPS genre, IMO. It had a great plot and the gameplay was pretty good too. I'd play it again if the graphics weren't so out of date. I have a hard time going back and playing games with older graphics for some reason.

20. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    They cut off the Dark Forces line for Macs here and reinstated it (somewhat) with the sequel to the game, Jedi Outcast and Academy.

It was too based on DirectX to port if I remember correctly. If it did, it'd require OS 8.6 most likely or Classic (if it'd run it... most OS9 games won't run since most OSX systems can't go below 800x600).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.