main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Was The New Republic Only in the Film so It could be Destroyed.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DrunkenJedi92, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrunkenJedi92

DrunkenJedi92 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2015
    Its the only thing that sets this era apart from the OT, and they blew it up, and none of the characters seem incredibly bothered by this or just get over it quickly. Meanwhile I still have my French flag on my Twitter account and am rattled by all the recent terror attacks in the United States. Compare this to the destruction of Alderon or Order 66? What was the point.

I have a theory, but its very cynical one that I hope isn't true, but given how much some fans wanted this film to bash the prequels directly. This example may offend some people so I'll apologize in advance The New Republic was not destroyed so they can come back in the next episode. It was destroyed as the same way reason woman may chose to get an abortion after a rape (If you've seen Jessica Jones on Netflix you know what I'm talking about). JJ Abrams literally aborted democracy and politics, (two disguising elements of the prequel trilogy) from the Star Wars Universe as means of therapy for anyone who thinks they were metaphorically rapped by Lucas.

Kind of a ****** excuse to kill billions of fictional people and have nobody give a **** after the fact. Then again I could be reading to much into it. I did hear there was a senate scene that they filmed that was cut out do to how long the movie was. I even heard that Haydan was going to make a cameo, and Ewan Mc Gregger's was confirmed by JJ to have been playing Obi-Wan during Rey's vision. However, with the amount of catering this film does and how similar it is to what JJ did with Star Treck, it still possible this was the intent. Add that its was barely fleshed out or unexplained for the most part may support this theory.

I'm hoping fans will be able to press JJ on this, because losing the New Republic ruins the significance of the world building of the Prequel Films and the significance of the the Rebels victory in the original. Does anyone have any information or theories that I don't. Do you think this is the last we will see of the New Republic in the ST, or did JJ really bring the whole galaxy back to 1977. Let men know.

2. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Burn this thread.

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Redundant thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.