main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Was the war with the Separatists/clone wars unjust?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    It's called drawing a parallel comparison.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Whaddya mean?

3. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    A comparison to an event in our world to help you understand.

4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    some dude on youtube

5. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Dooku was a tool being used by Palpatine. He would have never been Emperor because that wasn't the plan that had been created by Palpatine. The Seperatists winning was never an option for an outcome. Palpatine wanted the war to put himself into power. Dooku was helping him do that because Dooku was a Sith himself. The Seperatists were set-up to fail. Palpatine wanted them out of the way because they were the biggest financial powerhoues in the galaxy that had the capability of creating armies to oppose him, so they were on one side and the Republic was on the other.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  6. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012
    I disagree that she had sympathy toward the Seperatists Cause. She ws more sympathy towards Anti-War then a specific cause. She wanted the Republic held together because she believed in the concept of the Republic.

Would there have been a war if Palpatine hadn't been behind the scenes? No there wouldn't have been. Remember it was the Trade Fed, and other Economic Powerhouses that were directly benefitting from the Corruption in the Republic. We saw it in TPM with the Beuracrats, and again in AOTC where Sio tells us how the Trade Federation has gone un-punished because of their attack on Naboo. The whole reason the Seperatists started is because Dooku was sent to them, secretly, by palpatine to get them together. Remember what Qui Gon said in TPM, Greed is a powerful ally, and more than likely there was a promise of more money and control for the Seperatists, as they thought they could win the war. Also, remember at the end of ROTS, as Anakin was killing of the leadership, Gunray says that they were promised peace. Did Gunray know the whole plot? Obviously not, but he knew enough or thought he knew enough that he would come out of it unscathed and prob with more power.

7. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012
    Why did the Republic go to Geonosis? One of the Republics Senators had been arrested, and sentenced to death. If Iran captured one of our Senators, and sentences them to Death with a public Execution would you want our Government to just sit and watch it happen?

That event (the public execution) was done on purpose as a Catalyst to get the Republic into a war. Does everyone forget that Dooku runs back to Sidious and tells him his plan is working.

Count Dooku: I have good news for you, my lord. War has begun.
    Darth Sidious: Excellent. Everything is going as planned.​

8. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012
    They know because in AoTC Dooku tells Obi Wan about Sidious. Remember the scenes where Obi Wan is being held and has the conversation with Dooku. Dooku tells Obi Wan that the Trade Fed came to Dooku and told Dooku of Darth Sidious. Obi Wan then goes back and tells teh Jedi Order of Sidious.

9. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012
    Evil is everywhere because it is evil (Palpatine) that is controlling everything. He controls the Republic and it's armies, and he controls the Seperatists, and it's armies through his Sith Apprentice Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus...

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Correct... and I actually meant to include the "heroes on both sides" part of the crawl when I talked about how the movies don't do a whole lot to really show us that. I'm sure there were heroic people on the side of the Separatists, but the films portray the Republic in a more positive light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.