main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT was there any EU of the prequels before the Phantom menace?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Maul is awesome, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Darth Maul is awesome

Darth Maul is awesome Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2014
    if there was, i think it would be cool to see how people imagined the prequels before episode 1

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I know a few. Most of it isn't special. Basically alternate prequel rewrites you see now are exactly how most fanfic for the prequels was pre 99. The Clone Wars being between Republic and evil clones/Mandalorians. Same ole same ole.

Most notable one was a fanfic from 1989 called "Episode III: The Fall of the Republic." I know there is a fanfic called "Arcadia" from 1997 when people thought Anakin's wife would be named Arcadia. If ya go to fanfic.com, they have Alternate prequels and there is one called Castling from the 80s. Most of it is pretty vague tho.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    One of the Marvel comics featured a pre ANH Obi-Wan adventure. Don't recall the specifics, though.

4. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    The Marvel comics series also launched prior to TPM coming out, and I might be mistaken but a number of arcs were pre-TPM, possibly including the Stark Hyperspace War.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Yep. Read it recently. He's on a commercial freighter attacked by pirates. Cool story.

6. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Wait. Are we talking about material released just before TPM?

darth maul is awesome likes this.
  7. Darth Maul is awesome

Darth Maul is awesome Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2014
    Any thing between the release of return of the jedi to the release of the phantom menace

8. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Ok did anyone ever see that concept art of Anakin (who strongly looked alot like Mark Hammil) with "Mrs. Skywalker" running from Anakin holding a baby?

Deliveranze likes this.
  9. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    If I remember right that era was mostly off limits per lucas because of the fact he was thinking about doing the prequels. The only exception was the super past like in the tales of the jedi comics.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Right. The early Marvel issue with Obi-wan during the era of the Clone Wars was the only actual story set in that specific time frame prior to the launching of the monthly comic series from Dark Horse at the end of 1998. Lucas had a specific set of rules about the EU which was that they had to keep away from that era. Only the material mentioned in the novelizations could be referred to in any book. TOTJ was set way before the film era and Lucas was fine with that since it didn't intrude on his story. Once TPM came out, then there was stories set in and around that time period. Then it carried on for AOTC and ROTS. But not before then.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. PodracingSkywalker

PodracingSkywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2014

I'd like to see this

12. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    Me too.

13. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I was about ready to give up when I finally found the image.

[​IMG]

14. PodracingSkywalker

PodracingSkywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2014
    Awesome, and very menacing.

15. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Oh ****. I'd like to apologize to the OP. [face_laugh] I misread the title as fanfic for whatever reason. My bad. :p

Also I love how the card has a pic of Anakin (presumably dark side) with the one hand he doesn't have in Episode III. [face_laugh]

DarthAnakin96 likes this.
  16. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    That's it! That's the one. If I'm not mistaken that was made circa 91 or 92ish.

Deliveranze likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There was a Marvel comic where Luke visited a planet that Obi-Wan. Anakin and "Vader" visited decades earlier and Luke was told of the adventure.
    Or was that the one mentioned earlier?

darklordoftech and Deliveranze like this.
  18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Nope:

That one was:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_24:_Silent_Drifting

but the one you are thinking of was:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Annual_1:_The_Long_Hunt

19. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Hmm, so that is where THIS concept came from:

[​IMG]

The image is very interesting. Anakin's robes seem to resemble his RotS getup pretty closely, and "Mrs. Skywalker's" clothing resemble one of Padmé's outfits from AotC. I also find it intriguing how obviously religious the imagery of (I assume) baby Luke being held by his mother is. Vader looks very menacing indeed, looming in the back like the devil. I wonder what the source of this artwork is?

whostheBossk and mes520 like this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks Iron_lord. Not really an expert in that series of comics, so wasn't sure.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the idea of slightly older Anakin still be around after Luke/Leia are born. He's already turned to the dark side in total secret and we see him scheming/being fully seduced by Palpatine. Even hunting Jedi and being known as Darth Vader. Padme is the only one who knows the truth and she asks Obi-Wan for help etc.... A Much different prequel trilogy than what we got!

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015
    I'd also like to think that Zahn's backstory of the Clone Wars in the Thrawn trilogy counts as prequel era material, even if it's only referenced in the past. Plus that one book that touched on Luke's mom's home planet, which was something pre-Naboo at that point. Which book slips my mind right now, but I'm getting old in my old age.

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Black Fleet Crisis?

Was all a ruse anyway.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Black Fleet Crisis trilogy? (Before the Storm, Shield of Darkness, Tyrant's Test) That turned out to be someone conning Luke into believing she had info about his mother.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015
    Gotcha. I hadn't read that trilogy yet but I remember hearing something about it ages ago. Probably from the same friend who described those books as "pretty bad but awesome worldbuilding."