main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Was there originally supposed to be more to Jar-Jar?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Dartht Punk, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dartht Punk

Dartht Punk Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 17, 2014
    Like most of you I'm sure, I can't stand the sight (or sound) of Jar-Jar Binks and regard him as one of the worst elements of the series.

However, there was a suggestion, years ago, that Lucas' plan was for Jar-Jar to evolve from a foolish jester type character into a wise man or warrior, and this was abandoned after the negative response to the character following Episode I.

What's interesting in Jar-Jar does certainly start on that path (from outcast to leader in battle to Senator). If you combine this with the fact that Jar-Jar has a lot more screen time and importance to the plot than previous comic relief figures (Threepio and Artoo), and that most multi-film Star Wars characters go through some kind of development....perhaps there was a plan there that was curtailed.

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    jar jar is fine.

Seagoat and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Mod Note: Locked....We have had enough Jar Jar Bashing in here.

Seagoat and thejeditraitor like this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Punk

Your first line in the your post is bashing Jar Jar. Second, we have had too many Jar Jar threads. If you have a question, you can ask it in the pinned thread titled. "Ask your questions here". If you want to discuss this further PM me.

MOC Yak Face and thejeditraitor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.