main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Was watching Jedi Council tonight and they had some breaking news in it

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Mar 23, 2017.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    They release the newest Jedi Council episodes on Thursdays from Collider and they had some breaking news. They were statements made by Bob Iger. A couple of them are potential spoilers for the Han Solo movie so won't go into them.

The last statement was rather interesting though. Bob Iger said that they are now working on Star Wars stories that go well beyond Ep. IX and this will encompass the next decade and a half.

Now we all knew they would be making more Star Wars movies after Ep. IX so that is no surprise. But the interesting thing is that he said stories that will go beyond Ep. IX.

Makes me wonder if we will get an announcement about Ep. X-XII at Celebration. Iger usually doesn't say much so the fact that he would say that just weeks before Celebration is interesting.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  2. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Stories set beyond the ST? Very interesting. Rather obvious, but strange it would be mentioned now.
    My dream for Star Wars would probably be Legacy as a multi-season 2D animated TV series.
    I wish.

3. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I have only heard second hand reports of thi and not seen the original, but from what I've heard of his phrasing, I think his "beyond Episode IX" is more referring to "real world" timeline in that "we will be making movies after that film is released", not necessarily "in universe" timeline in that "movies will be chronologically set after Episode IX".

Daneira likes this.
  4. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    This isn't news at all.

5. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Apparently no one thought to actually quote what Bob Iger specifically said, which would be a common-sense thing to do when you make an entire thread on the subject of what Bob Iger said...