main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was Yoda the last Jedi that Sidious faced?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by r8hitman, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    In ep. 3 Sidious and Yoda fight it out in his office and end up in the Senate chambers etc.

But I was wondering if that was Sidious' last duel?

With the jedi purge going on, I wonder if Sidious ever got the opportunity to get out and "hunt down some jedi knights" or do you think he would have left that up to Vader and the troopers?

Maybe even a few jedi (without obi/yoda) could have even gotten together and formed a "jedi rebellion" and tried to confront the emperor and vader. (remember Obi-Wan sent out the message and informed the remaining jedi of what happened)

Anything is possible[face_thinking]

What do you guys think?

(Im posting this topic here because it's not an OT topic and Yoda fights him in 3, and we dont have a "inbetween 3 and 4" forum yet:p )

2. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i had the impression that luke was the last one...:p

3. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Probably, unless you count Luke, which is a matter of semantics.

4. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    Most likely--with the Jedi being scattered and destroyed throughout the galaxy, it's doubtful that anyone would attempt to go after Sids.

Besides, the Emperor just beat the crap out of YODA, the BADDEST Jedi in the Galaxy (at least according to Sam Jackson). You can almost hear a collective sigh from the O66 survivors..."We are so screwed..."

5. Darkwish

Darkwish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2001
    Yes. Except Luke and me.

6. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

i can already forsee the yoda fans " but it was a draw" " "yoda sensed the clones and left","it was a stalement","yoda faked defeat","yoda lost because he was smaller" [face_whistling]

7. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    I know EU is inevitably going to show something like that, unfortunately. :( . But i doubt the Emperor would do any first hand killing and fighting. just like he never personally hunted down Rebels either. once he is in Power even Yoda is no threat to him. Luke was because Luke was being trained and he was part of the Rebellion. but after Order66 the Jedi are no more. they can't hurt him, and Vader can take his frustrations out on any stragglers or Rebels that come along.

8. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Dark Lord explains that a group of Jedi took on Sidious and lost I think. I believe they took him on in the same place as Yoda - the holding office possibly.. Rhonderoo knows. Ask her!

9. LeeKenobi

Aug 13, 2002
    But hapless Imperial officers are so much more prevalent than Jedi stragglers. ;)

10. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Anakin Skywalker was the last Jedi he faced, and Sidious never saw him coming. Anakin tossed him down the reactor shaft in EP VI.

11. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    Well I mean duel wise.

Because he duels Yoda in 3 and I'm sure by the time of the OT all the rest of the jedi are dead, and he doesnt really duel Luke in ROTJ.

Luke basically has EVERLAST written all over his forehead.

12. LeeKenobi

Aug 13, 2002

UNlike his father, who has DOA on his forehead.

13. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    I really think that when Yoda falls and escapes during the Senate battle is the Last time Sideous engages a Jedi in Combat. actually for all we know he has only ever engaged 5 Jedi in total. ironicaly that's still more than Darth Maul, and Dooku.

14. SithOWNtheJedi

SithOWNtheJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Luke then Vader was the last Jedi Sidious faced

15. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

or vader himself.excluding EU.

16. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    ha , i was going to say Vader too, but we don't know how many Jedi he is personally responsible for engaging. but i think Anakin would have the Most Jedi scalps in his collection. lol

17. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Just think though, none of the other surviving Jedi would know that Sidious is Palpatine. They would just presume that Palpatine was a greedy politican.

So if they came back they wouldnt be ready to confront a Sith Lord. They would be taken by surprise - more so than the posse.

Thats if they ever got passed Vader.

18. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    That depends on what Obi-Wan changed the beacon of the Temple to

It could be a simple, "It's a trap!"

Or, "Chanslor=SithLord+StayAway+MacePwned" or whatever variation :p

- O_F

19. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Until Luke challenged him in RotJ and then the new and improved Anakin, Yoda was the last Jedi he dueled.

20. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Yeah, and any other answer would be EU

21. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Perhaps we'll learn a bit more from the TV series. Since everyone thinks Vader is the last Force-user in the galaxy, I don't see Sidious risking blowing his cover. Vader is the henchman to handle all Jedi deaths that remain.

22. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    ROFL!

Obi-Wan definitely put the macepwned part in there, he clearly speaks l33t [face_laugh]

23. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004

Well he wouldnt go and "seek them out", but I'm sure that if an old Obi-Wan, a kid, and two pilots (one being 8ft tall) can sneak onto a battle station I find it hard to believe that 3 or 4 jedi couldnt have snuck into an office and confronted the emperor.

24. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Fair point hitman, but you have to remember, at the point that they got into the death star, the Empire had been in control of the galaxy for 20 years...perhaps they had grown a little complacent. Also, sneaking into the detention area of this space station is probably not the same thing as sneaking into the the Emperor's office. I'm sure the Emperor wouldn't do any of the dirty work himself; you know he's got Vader to do that for him. It seems likely that Luke was the last Jedi that Sidious faced, though they didn't really fight as much as Luke got fried.

25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    In the eu, Jedi Master Brand fought both Sith Lords, but couldn't defeat them. He was seriously injured like Vader was, and barely survived. He was put in a bionic/life support type suit. Only it's not as fancy as what Vader got. Master Brand went into hiding until Han and Leia found him in "Dark Empire II". Brand aided Luke in the final battle against the Clone Emperor, who recognized him as the Jedi he had thought dead all those years earlier. Brand was fatally wounded but managed to trap Palpatine's essence when he attempted to take control of Anakin Solo. Brand died taking Palpatine with him and with the aid of the deceased Jedi who had gone to the Netherealm, Palpatine was trapped, never to return again.

I have no clue if Brand was the last eu Jedi to fight him. In the films only, it's Yoda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.