main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash Away Those Years (Continuation of "Into The Mouth Of Madness)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Milan-Kenobi, Apr 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Scream_Man:
    Ian who?

-That's just what I said to Lokmer when he told me! Please refer to this thread if you're interested... Forum15/HTML/000572.html Forum15/HTML/000572.html

Personally, I doubt you will find anyone willing to put so much time and effort into hand drawing all the necessary detailed line art that goes into stuff like spacecraft, just for the sake of promoting someone else's film...

Anyway, I can't really supply you with any useful samples until I have a idea of what to match it with! You can e-mail me sample art if you want, and we'll take it from there.

Saeed TTC

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I cant email u art coz that would clue u in to what the project in
    This isnt to promote the other film, its coz its fun, and coz i want to see how I would have made the film look. the panel angles i choose don't have to be the same as the movie (and in many cases wont be) and there will be small dialogue changes. basically coz thats the nature of comics.
    As to your art, well, when its gets to the point I can show people, I will. till then just trust me. ill need art for most star craft around the era of the first trilogy (ANH and beyond) so send send send!!!
    Screamer
    ps-Saeed, Im sure u are a handsome man

3. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Scream - don't you trust me?

You don't have to supply artwork based on your client's film (your perserverence on their confidentiality is admirable, BTW). Just give me any sample that gives me an idea of your comic art style.

I first thought you wanted original designs, but now that I have a clearer idea of the SW models you are thinking of, I'll DL some meshes. BUT please send me some art for reference purposes...

Thanks

Saeed TTC

4. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Ok Saeed, Ill send u somr sketches. But if u tell other people ill take back that handsome crack!

5. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    If you pick up a copy of Crimson Empire, half of it is special computer effects, 3D models, etc. mixed in with paint :cool: And it looks good. Go find it in your local Aussie comic book store.

6. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    "Local" huh? My "local" comic store is about 2 hours away! But thats ok, Coz Sam had it and i saw it.
    It was cool, but not exactly what I wanted. My style (For u Saeed) Is very Manga-esque, so I think that STAR WARS- The Manga is kinda close. But Im not quite THAT manga-y! grrrr...thats about as clear as mud. The style in my online comic is close to it, but a little more refined now.
    ah hell. it'll work out

7. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Scream_Man:
    "Local" huh? My "local" comic store is about 2 hours away!

Where exactly do you live, Scream? On top of Ayers Rock? ...Sorry, bad joke...

I tried to DL some meshes, but my poor computer couldn't handle the detail on some of them. Got one to work though, and I tried some Photoshop filters on it. The results vary from technical type graphic pen to sketchy coloured pencils, so I'm pretty sure we can match your artwork - are your samples nearly ready?

Manga is more of a genre than an art style. The themes are often similar, but the quality of colouring and linework can vary tremendously.

I just watched Futurama yesterday, and remembered that all their spacecraft - and many backgrounds - are CG, but the flat colouring matches the hand drawn artwork really well.

Speaking of backgrounds, isn't any kind soul out there going to volunteer for this? I can have a stab at them the same way as the spacecraft, but don't think I have the time to do this project justice. I checked out the comics section here at TFN, and was extremely impressed with some of the stuff there - so I know there's a lot of talent out there... Anyone?

Saeed TTC

PS Short Round - I just checked out your web site - Whiptastic! I'm all the more looking forward to your upcoming film now...

[This message has been edited by Saeed (edited 06-12-2000).]

8. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Saeed, if u have ICQ send your number! We seem to be online alot at the same time, and id enjoy chatting to u! If u dont have it: get it!
    I live in Narrabeen, on the nthn beaches of Sydney. The 3 comic shops in Sydney (yes, just 3) Are: Kings comics in the city, which is OK, but not great, Phantom Zone Chatswood, which is close to wear I work, but only tiny, and PZ in Parramatta, where I went today, which is GOOD and BIG! all those places are at LEAST an hour away! So "local" is a relative term.
    I know manga is a genre, I mean my style closely resembles much of the japanese styles of art. Recently, someone showed me a new art trick, so Ill be using that with my characters on my comic (codenamed:Fancom(Im so lame)) I WILL send u pics saeed, as soon as i get some decent ones sketched.
    and yes i need background artists! cmon guys! I know u are out there!

9. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Narrabeen, eh? Sounds like a great name for a distant planet - may I borrow it?

I'm afraid I don't have ICQ... I'll look into it. I have to say that I rather enjoy 'chatting' this way - anyone can join in, and if they arrived late can see previous day's posts. Also, I have to confess I'm actually at work at the moment, and can't always stay online for too long at any one time -- LOOK OUT! BOSS COMING! &lt;ALT+TAB&gt;! &lt;ALT+TAB&gt;! !! --phew! he's gone now... redface.gif

BTW over here it's 2.45pm. What time is it where you are?

Saeed TTC

10. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Well, right now its 745 am.
    When I was writing all those OTHER posts, it was about midnight. I cant really remember. A bit before maybe.
    I like talkin like this too, because I like to get the input of othrs. but I dont want to give away the Fancom idea. If i do, the political structure of independant China may collapse (or so I was told...) and we don't want that now do we???
    Anyway, I got a good sketch of one of the characters done last night, so Ill send em to ya WHEN U GET ICQ!!!
    Narrabeen is a medium sized suburb located on the Nthn Beaches between Warriewood and Collaroy. it has 3 beaches: Sth Narrabeen, Narrabeen, andNthn Narrabeen, and is featured in the beach boys song "Surfin USA" (im not sure why...) i like on the Warriewood border, about 2 mins from Warriewood square, and a 15 min walk from the beach
    Scream Man
    *leaving to write an encyclopdia...*

11. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Well children its been a few days and i STILL havent heard anything from anyone about background artists! Saeed is pretty much assured as my ship artist, but I need backgrounders and hopefully inkers as well! Come to me my minions! Bow before my might and power! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    *ahem*
    Immbetter now...just answer me ok?

[This message has been edited by The_Scream_Man (edited 06-14-2000).]

12. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    uh...see message above. This is just to kick it back to the top of the list

13. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    ...Saeed is pretty much assured as my ship artist...

"Your faith in your friends is your weakness..."

Just Kidding i.e. doing my bit to keep this thread at the top of the list...

Saeed TTC

14. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    COME ON GUYS AND GIRLS! I NEED YOUR HELP HERE!!!!!
    BACKGROUND ARTISTS!!! I NEED EM!!!
    PLEASE!!!!!!!

BTW, Saeed i got some sketches for u of another project I need help on. Ill chat to ya in ICQ.

15. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    BTW, Saeed i got some sketches for u of another project I need help on. Ill chat to ya in ICQ.

Scream Man, I'm not trying to shamelessly put this topic at the top of the list, but I feel I should let you know that after endless problems with my PC, I have re-installed windows. Most of my third party software - including ICQ - is long gone. I may re-install later, but for now, contact me via e-mail...

Sorry...

Saeed TTC

16. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    *bursts into tears*

17. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Don't let it get you down, Scream - there's nothing wrong with regular e-mail, or posting right on this forum...

And besides, how else will everyone appreciate our unique brand of humour, unless we leave our posts here for all to enjoy?

Saeed TTC

18. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Dman u and your logic!
    And you little dog too!!!
    *evil witchy cackle*
    okok. Still there isnt a lot I can do until the film is released. The creater basically has said to wait.
    But ill still need our help on the One Force comic! and I need OTHER PEOPLOE TOo HELP TOO!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.