main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Washington Navy Yard shooting

Discussion in 'Community' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 16, 2013.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

A Grand Admiral perhaps?

Katana_Geldar likes this.
  2. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005

gun control will be hard because there are still people in the usa still paranoid about all muslims being terrorists so does that mean we just do muslim control on people who are and basicly ban them from the usa?

not trying to sound rude but where does it end in regards to people being paranoid for whatever reason?

we have to get out of this mind set of just because one disgusting tragedy happened in one place they think itll happen to them.

i have witnessed comments after the whole colorado massacre last summer and im sorry but when people say things like if open carry was allowed i wouldve stopped james holmes. no they wouldnt the man used tear gas and wore body armor and no matter how good your aim is you wont succeed in disarming him. people need to take a breath think and evaluate what the situation is before commenting

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I think we just need to make sure our front around checks are good, so that we won't have to worry so much about the quality of back around ones.

BACK. AROUND.

4. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I wanted to clarify a point made earlier on as I have some experience on the issue. Officially, most bases are "gun free" zones. Only military police and personnel engaged in official duty that requires the use of fire arms are permitted to carry a weapon.

That said, depending on our force protection posture, there's a pretty good chance that, provided you're carrying your Common Access Card (CAC), which is a universal card that active duty, civilians, and contractors use (replaces the old military ID), neither you nor your vehicle will get searched. So you could (in violation of base policy) fairly easily carry a weapon onto a base if you were so inclined. No one would dare bring a weapon into the building under normal circumstances unless they want to spend some time in Leavenworth. That said, bringing weapons in your car would not be a difficult thing.

I suspect that we'll review that policy now and set stricter controls in place.

s65horsey and dp4m like this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Responding with facts and logic? WHAT IS THIS DEVILRY?!?

s65horsey, Juliet316 and Souderwan like this.
  6. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005

now is that all bases country wide or just in your state alone?

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Based on what I heard on CBS this morning, it'd better be country wide. No more outsourcing of background checks at Fed. and Military installations for one.

8. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I obviously can't say with 100% certainty that it's all bases, but what I said is true of every base I've ever been to. Basically, if you have a gun on base, it's because it's been issued to you in the course of your duties.

Edit: And Juliet316, while I agree that we shouldn't be outsourcing background checks, that's a prohibitively expensive idea. Who's going to pay for that?

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I have no clue, but if the outsourcing is going to continue, at least make sure they run everybody through the FBI and NCIC databases and not outdated ones that allow, say, child molestors and other convicted felons onto military bases.

10. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Oh, I think it's fair to say that we (DoD) should do a much better job in selecting companies that we outsource these things to and we should have much better oversight and accountability. Alas, the contracting and acquisition process is so rife with opportunism and cronyism (from the Congressional level on up, no less) that these kinds of things are almost bound to happen.

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Glad to see you survived Brian.