main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Washingtonian coming to visit your beautiful city

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Hi folks,
    I am from the Everett Washington FanForce (Mos Everett Cantina). I am bringing my daughter with me to San Francisco next week for a short trip (7/3 thru 7/5).
    She definately wants to walk through the public grounds around the Letterman Digital Arts Center and being a huge Yoda fan, she wants to see the Yoda fountain we heard was on the grounds there.

any suggestions on fun things to do that would appeal to my youngling? she is 12 going on 13.

One thing I am wondering about, since we will be there on the 4th of July, are there fireworks shows that can be seen from a vantage point that woud have the Golden Gate Bridge in the back ground?

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hi, and welcome! For the 4th, you can go to the Fisherman's Wharf area. People start gathering for a good spot after 5 pm. Another alternative would be the Marin County Fair, which runs from June 30 - July 4. The local 501st will be there, and one of their members actually programs the fireworks, and can probably get you a good vantage point for the fireworks, which happen every night of the fair.

As for what to do and see here in the city, there are several tours which you can take, depending on what you want to see. Here's a link to the SF Visitor's Center:

http://onlysf.sfvisitor.org/plan_your_trip/vic.asp

I work as a concierge across the street from the visitors center and cable car turnaround at the SF Shopping Centre. If you're in that area, please stop by and say hi!

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    If you are going to Fisherman's Wharf for the fireworks, check the weather forcast beforehand. A lot of years the fog obscures the fireworks. Even if it's clear, make sure you dress warm. But then coming from Washington you are used to that. Hope you all have fun on your trip.

4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    After I posted this, I went online and found out that the blue and gold fleet has a fireworks cruise that leaves around 8 and 8:15 from pier 39. I might book that for me and my youngling,

Jedhead, what hours do you work, I just may stop by and say hi if I am in that area and you are working

Tatooinepadme, heh-heh, yep ,I know all about the fog being from the Seattle Area. I hope it won?t do that when we are there, that would be too bad.

Ya know, every time I go to California, I bring my weather with me. A few year back, I went to L.A. and it rained while I was there. I got onto a cruise ship at the port there which docked in San Diego and Catalina Island. We lucked out in San Diego and had a few sun breaks, but it rained while we were on the island. And then a couple weeks ago, I went to Coronado Island and of course what happened? Overcast and drizzly. It was like that when we drove up to La Jolla for the afternoon too (although, nothing could deter from the natural beauty of the area. That place s gorgeous!)

So, I apologize in advance for what I am about to bring with me to SF.

I noticed from looking over your forums that you have had meetings on the grounds of the LDA center. Can you tell me, how much of the grounds are we able to walk through?

Also is there access from the Presidio grounds directly to Crissy Field? I cannot tell from the maps I have available and we would like to walk along the beach there, if possible. It looks like you can walk along a path there right up to the bridge

5. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    The cruize would be great to do on the 4th. I have done it before , the boat goes close to the bridge and around the bay , you will see several fireworks at the same time from the inside of the Bay. Better than standing or fighting the crowds.

6. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    All the grounds of the LDA are open to the public. The Yoda statue is in a fountain in front of a building on the street side. There is also a nice, small cafe on the grounds which is where we have our meetings. Crissy field is not directly attached to the Presidio but is fairly close by. You could walk through the presidio to get to the bridge but it's going to be a lot of walking.
    As for the weather, don't worry, we come already equipped with fog in the summertime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.