main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wasn't sure where to put this, but this explains it all perfectly

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Shereshoy Cabur, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    As a Star Wars fan growing up, I took everything a part the SW Universe and loved every bit of it. Even the little things that pissed off almost everyone like Jar Jar Binks, I don't mind. I had no idea how much people hated on Lucas for the PT, until I got older and starting the Internet frequently. It surprised me and saddened me how people ripped apart seemingly anything and everything Lucas does. But I don't resent anyone for it, we're entitled to our own opinion

For me I took it as this, Lucas is the creator, what he says goes. So in turn whenever I saw anything SW, I just unconsciously accepted it all, and loved every minute of it. I still love every aspect of the universe and I have no disdain against anything Lucas has made. As much as I love that Disney is finally finishing what George had passionately begun, I won't be able to help myself and think while watching Ep VII in 2015, "What if Lucas had finished the rest of the Star Wars Episodes himself?"

That being said I love this article I found, James Franco nails it perfectly as to how Lucas creates what HE envisioned and not what the millions of fans envisioned for the future of Star Wars, and why in the end gets millions of people ripping on him.

http://www.vice.com/read/george-lucas-redux

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    1. I love you
    2. I've always respected Lucas for not giving into the raging "fans" and conforming, rather, he always tried his best to make HIS film that HE wanted. That is one thing I love very much about SW. Now, as for the ST, it does give me quite a bit of hope that the general story was written by Lucas. I''m almost sure it will turn out well. I have a... good feeling about this

FRAGWAGON and darthfettus2015 like this.
  3. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I now feel this is an important thread for all SW fans ive just read something in the comments section of the Franco piece that has upset me a great deal. It maybe trolling but this is were it all leads to.... even PT haters should rally around GL to protect him and his family from the vile diatribe from the likes of 'Patrick' please read....it has made me a stauncher GL loyalist then ever

Shereshoy Cabur and Seagoat like this.
  4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Wow... that was pathetic. Regardless of whether or not you like his films, it's just a terrible thing to say. That's just not even human... yes, I agree entirely with you, fettus. Let's just ignore idiocy like that.

Shereshoy Cabur likes this.
  5. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    if we ignore it, it becomes acceptable, we must rebel against this attitude - the crime? making a family friendly film - my kids love jar jar/Ewoks/Hayden/Jake and calling the TF driods clankers and doing Roger Roger voices, and that makes me happy, thanks GL

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's an article in a similar vein on Star Wars Heresies:

http://thestarwarsheresies.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/lucas-sell-out.html

explaining why the "sell-out" argument doesn't hold water.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  7. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Shereshoy Cabur

Thanks for sharing this great article! I'm going to pass it along on facebook to my real-life friends and family who are fans of SW. Kudos to Franco for writing a thoughtful and from-the-heart article. Lots of good points in there, especially regarding the fact that the PT was released into a different time with different expectations, artistic tastes, etc. Great stuff.

I didn't bother to scroll down to the comments, but I'm not surprised that there were meanspirited messages to be found there. On the internet, the angry "fan" is also the loudest. Scew them - they only have power if you allow them to have power.

8. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    the comment by 'Patrick', was not just meanspirited it was illegally vile and violent in tone to not only GL but his entire family, it needs to be read before it gets taken down to see how easily meanspirited comments centred around 'taste' can transform over the years to bitter hatefulness. There is mean spiritedness on here sometimes, lets hope it never gets to the level shown in that one comment

9. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I gave in and scrolled down to Patrick's comment - yikes! What a dummy. He's trolling, obviously, though I'm sure he really is a Lucas hater.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
  11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    This Patrick guy ... what the ****?

I hope he is only a troll. Gives Lucas critics a bad name.

Giovs likes this.
  12. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    the way he is spoken about on this forum by some people (and media/critics) gives people like that open season and think they have the right to say overblown stuff like that. Im sure the guy who said about 'raping' his childhood really thought out the usage of that word too. I can only hope that Patrick is making a parody of what people who constantly attack him sound like....but i dont think so! He is a man that made a film(s) and made a lot of money cos people liked it/them - end of!

13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    People have the right to say pretty much everything - freedom of speech and all that - but that doesn't mean that they should.

I never said that Lucas raped my childhood and I am annoyed by those who do. But it hurt me as a fan to hear Lucas arguing for a benevolent dictator too.

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    GL never argued for a benevolent dictator!

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Ah but he did. Read the article I posted.

He also seems to think that the media should serve the government more.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And how is it?

17. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    he has always treated me pretty good....

18. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Locking. I don't know what this 'Patrick' said, as the comment has been deleted, but this thread is going nowhere fast. Apologies to the OP, the James Franco article was very positive.

Shereshoy Cabur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.