main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wasn't the Jedi Temple destroyed? [HELP]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by masterjedi747, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterjedi747

masterjedi747 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2004
    (If there is already a thread on this, please just re-direct me.)

For some strange reason, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Jedi Temple was actually destroyed when the Empire took over. But now the Jedi Temple is supposed to appear in the backround of the Coruscant celebration at the end of ROTJ!
    Maybe I'm wrong (and I hope I am), but I honestly thought that they knocked it down during/following Episode III, and then proceeded to build the Imperial Palace in it's place. Does anyone else remember that, or am I just confused on this matter?
    Any help here would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It is destroyed by the time of Traitor, and, for storyline continuity, most likely was actually destroyed during the raising of the Lusankya during the X-Wing books, explaining why the location could never befound by Luke, Mothma, etc.

3. DarthNoctambulus

DarthNoctambulus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    According to the Coruscant & Core Worlds sourcebook, Palpatine closed the temple (one has to wonder if Wallace already had info about the new DVD scene, hmmmm).

4. masterjedi747

masterjedi747 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2004
    It is destroyed by the time of Traitor, and, for storyline continuity, most likely was actually destroyed during the raising of the Lusankya during the X-Wing books, explaining why the location could never befound by Luke, Mothma, etc.
    So it probably wasn't destroyed at the end of the Clone Wars. Hmmm... OK.
    But then why would Palpatine just close it, and not destroy it for what it symbolized?
    And what happened to the Jedi Archives?
    Do we know where the Imperial Palace WAS located if not in place of the Temple?
    "Harder to answer these questions are... meditate on this I will." :p

5. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    That, or the Emperor had it destroyed in Dark Empire.

6. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Well, better late than never.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>That, or the Emperor had it destroyed in Dark Empire.<<

It would probably have to be destroyed by time of TTT- basicly before the NR takes seat there and LUke has the chance to look for it.

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    It's a treasure trove of information and power; Sidious wouldn't want to destroy it so quickly without some snopping around first.

Anyone notce at the end of Shatterpoint, Palpatine entered the Jedi temple?

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He was also inside the temple in Republic 64 I believe as well.

10. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Being as Luke doesn't actively begin rebuilding the Jedi Order until the Jedi Academy trilogy (which takes place after both the Thrawn and Dark Empire trilogies) he probably didn't start searching for remnants of the old Order before that time. Thus, the Temple could easily have remained undisturbed until then.

I'm of the opinion that the Temple is destroyed during the events prior to Dark Empire; the NR is forced off Coruscant, and Imperial Centre becomes a battleground between the various Imperial factions. Entire sectors are laid to waste, so, IMO, the Temple gets caught up in all that.

The Temple is actually destroyed as of Union, since Luke has established a Jedi Headquarters building (the domed structure in which Kam and Corran fight, and later reintroduced in Dark Tide) on the Temple's foundations. Although, this would imply Luke discovered the location of the Temple at some point in order to base his new HQ atop the site of the old.

11. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
  12. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    In Infinities, Palps kept it around as his "private residence". Of course, that was Infinities...

In Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, standing on the rubble of the Temple was basically Maul's wet dream.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Being as Luke doesn't actively begin rebuilding the Jedi Order until the Jedi Academy trilogy (which takes place after both the Thrawn and Dark Empire trilogies) he probably didn't start searching for remnants of the old Order before that time.<<

Actually, I believe he spent most of his time during the XW/pre-TTT era searching for remnants of Jedi information.

Let this be continued in the thread linked above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.