main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Watch Dogs (X360, PS3, X1, PS4, Wii U, PC)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 7, 2013.

1. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    First time somebody hacked my game....

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah if you're being hacked, think on both X and Y axis. I've been ok in identifying and taking people down, but one guy got me good up above.

3. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    Anyone know how to get to the "Online Decryption" game mode? I'm playing on 360 and can't find it on any of the menus. It was the only multiplayer mode I was looking foward to in Watch_Dogs.

4. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm somewhat tempted by this game, if only for the city to explore, but how is the PS3 version compared to its 'superior' younger siblings? I refuse to purchase the new consoles as I wouldn't use them enough to justify the cost, and my PC isn't up to running the game on any decent settings.

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    There are less NPCs on screen at any one time, and window reflections etc. are faked rather than actually rendered. From all reports, it's certainly a weaker Watch Dogs experience, but not unplayable.

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

It's usually "top right" of the city map, otherwise wait for it to come up on the right hand side of your screen.

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Now ranked #292 on PC for racing. My friend is 59,782 or there abouts.

8. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I picked this up last night, it's already being discounted by about $20.00 and I even got some free DLC thrown in too as part of the edition I purchased. So far I'm really liking it. I only played for an hour last night as I was up quite late. Mainly, I was just playing to get a feel for the controls (mostly fine until the driving sections are encountered, gosh it's ****!) I'm also trying to figure out which graphic settings to play the game on. It looks great when turned up and mostly performs well but some of the running looks a little stilted.

I used the Nvidia tool to optimise the game to the settings it considers ideal and it actually turns everything right down which is a shame because I played Bioshock Infinite with everything maximised and it ran smoothly, mostly the same for Far Cry 3 also. I think I might just swallow my pride and play on the Nvidia settings because it does feel smoother, but I do love the look of the higher settings. I'm just not sure how distracted I am by the slower, though playable, performance. Not sure why people bitch about Aiden, he seems ok at the moment. As for the hacking...I've got no idea what to think yet

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Incorrect. The driving is actually really, really good. The cars are light and responsive, and if you aren't an idiot in corners - i.e. you don't drift - you can maintain good speed in online races. What you need to do though is spend some time in a few different car types, practising, and unlearning any bias games like GTA IV might've put into your driving style.

The car that I most recommend as a starter is a small 2 door that looks like the love child of a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Suzuki Swift.

10. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    This is what I'm struggling with. The acceleration is so sensitive. I'm going to do a few fixer contracts before playing the main missions for practice.

11. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Actually I tried turning the sensitivity down to 30 and I had helped somewhat. I've also found that if you take gentle jabs at the controls, the control over the vehicle improves. There's still some issues but I'm improving.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I found them really hard at first but as I said, doing really well in races now - 150th in the world for PC. :D

13. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Really getting used to the driving now. I still think there are flaws to it but it's not unplayable. I've managed to do a few fixer contracts but that's also because I've unlocked the skills necessary for improved vehicle durability and the ability to scramble helicopter signals.

Great game, it's growing on me a lot. I'm having heaps of fun during missions with hacking cameras and creeping out the enemies. There was even one where I activated his grenade and he managed to throw it, only to throw it next to an explosive barrel and do three times as much damage and kill several other guards.

The sad thing is some players are limiting their gameplay to a guns blazing approach. I couldn't think of a better way to rip yourself off.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Agreed about guns blazing. It's a lot more fun to stealth about. Also, from playing Payday 2, I'm a lot calmer about moving in the time it took that triangle to fill up and indicate I'd been seen than I otherwise would have been.

My suggestion, TryWhistling, is do some racing. You will suck, but that's ok; you're expected to early on. There's one race which is a three lap circuit through an industrial part of town in a muscle car (not the charger lookalike; the mustang lookalike). If you can perfect that, you're set. Especially since the really good tracks, like True Grit, have the advantage of tremendous grip in the racing bikes.

EDIT: Are you playing on PC?

15. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012

Apologies for late reply, been busy.

Yep, playing on PC. In my first two hours of play I actually spent that entire time finding the graphical sweet spot for performance and looks.

I'll try the races later, too suckered into the story right now. I seem to be getting by with driving, so it's bearable.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Is this game worth the purchase?

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes, as you can just guns blaze everything.

18. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Ender Sai Do you use a controller or a keyboard for racing?

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Controller, for sure.

20. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Xbox controller for me too. Any third person game I play is via controller, same with driving games. I leave keyboard/mouse for FPS, strategy, adventure and RPG.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Keyboard mouse when on feet though. Mouse aiming is the best.

22. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    How do you manage the crafting and the wheel though?

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Hold tab, brings up the wheel. Preload the stuff you want before a fight. For me it was usually preloading comms jam, blackout, grenades, and focus boost though I could swap grenades for proximity IED upfront.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Also I think the problem with the number of astonishingly stupid, terrible racers on PC is the keyboard and mouse. I can count on them to outbrake themselves, oversteer like crazy etc. Hell, in the race mountaineers, if I check and the opposition has less notoriety than me from racing I know if I'm second row on the grid I'll be in 1st by the end of turn 1. Keyboard and mouse is either ALL ON or all off. So you can't feather the throttle, you can't manage your launch to cut wheelspin etc. All of this I can and do do (heh) on Controller.
    Incidentally, I love when people try and ram you or push you off the road and you either steer back and they crash; or you brake suddenly and they careen into the wall. Idiots. learn to race without that crap.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Got back into this game. I am liking how the story is going.