main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watch Jon Be A Geek On National TV July 20th

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Well, I just finished work on AMC (American Movie Classics) "Movie At Our House". And there is no wqay I'll be on the cutting room floor on this one, lol, guarenteed.

We're watching "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home". And when it goes to comercial break me and two other Trekkies discuss with the hosts various asspects of Trek.

About half way through the taping, we're on the couch and I'm talking about transparent alunium and how it is possable and the producer says "Excuse me, you can't be in here, this is a closed set". We turn around and standing there is WALTER KOENIG (Checkov)!!! And after almost falling out of my chair say, "The bathroom's down the hall and to the right. So, as I was saying..." And we all laughed. I was the only one who could talk (except the hosts). the other two trekkies were so stunned they couldn't form complex sentences so I had to ask him questions. HOW COOL IS THAT? I GOT TO INTERVIEW CHECKOV!!!!

Watch it, or I'll sick my targ on you! July 20th on AMC (I believe it'll be at 8:00, but check local listings).

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Wow dude, congrats! That is definately sweet, I'll check that out. If it were me though, I'd have busted out a lightsaber on the set and assaulted everyone there, just to show how much better Star Wars is lol.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Awesome! I'll have to have someone tape it for me as I definitely don't get that channel with my crappy cable selection here. :p

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Here's some things to expect: Varoius impressions (Spock, Kirk, Sulu, Picard), me being a geek, me being funny, me interviewing Checkov.

Things most likely to be cut: about an hours worth of bloopers on everyone's part, naughty behavior not sutable for tv (that would be the host's fault), my scientific explanation of the following; warp fields, the physics and science behind transparent alunium and it's complete basis in reality, gravity wells, and deffinitly my rant on 4th dimensional math. (I'm too much of a geek for my own good sometimes)

I was also told on two occasions to go "back into my basement". Reminded me of when Random told me to "Crawl back into your mullet, Passow!". This will be the second to last episode of the series because it has finished its run on tv.

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Sounds awesome Jon. Remind me of this again once it gets closer to being aired. Glad you had fun. While still a geek, I'd be totally lost in the world of Trek. However, 4th dimension space-time continuum quantum mechanics talk... I'm totally down with that.

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    However, 4th dimension space-time continuum quantum mechanics talk... I'm totally down with that.

As long as you're basing your stuff on the new model of QM, then your on.

7. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    my scientific explanation of the following; warp fields, the physics and science behind transparent alunium and it's complete basis in reality, gravity wells, and deffinitly my rant on 4th dimensional math. [face_shocked]
    Wow, Jon! Why aren't you a physicist? No marshmallows for you today! I'll definitely have to have someone tape this for me. Congratulations!

8. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Wow, Jon! Why aren't you a physicist?

Eh, I'd rather be a broke actor then a broke physicist. Besides, you get more chicks when your an actor... ;) (you can now throw your marshmellows)

9. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Are you saying Einstein wasn't sexy? 8-}

10. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
  11. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    As Jon's "unofficial official publicist"...should we try and get together someplace and watch "Star Trek IV" to watch for our favorite mullet? I'll even post something about it on TFN news. Imagine a SW fan site promoting a airing of a Star Trek movie? They'll have my badge for this! :D

BTW, Star Trek IV is my favorite (maybe tied with Star Trek II) in the series. I worked at Sea World for 5 years, so...
    "I have a notorious weakness for hard luck cases...that's why I work with whales"

12. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    ONE WEEK BABY!!!!!! Officially T-Minus 7 days!

July 20th, 8PM, AMC, Movies At Our House: Star Trek IV, be there...or be square!

13. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'll be watching...and I'm e-mailing USS Gallifrey to let them know you're going to be on TV (I'm sure they're watching anyways!)

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I'll be watching...and I'm e-mailing USS Gallifrey to let them know you're going to be on TV (I'm sure they're watching anyways!)
    Are they the Cleveland Trek Force?

15. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I was at the comics2film DCG forums and my friend their suggested this:
    BTW, Jon - I've been pimping your show to folks. Want me to start asking them to call in to AMC and ask to have you back on more shows once it airs?

What a great idea! So, any one who wants to do this, I would apreciate it. I couldn't find their phone #, so you could also email them at info@amctv.com . After Tuesday, try to get as many people to email and call AMC asking that I should be featured on other stuff!

16. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    T-Minus One Day....

17. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Tivo is set!

18. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    If anyone has the ability to take screenshots, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

19. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Hummmm... It's on the same time as Last Comic Standing and The Amazing Race... my DVR is tapeing it... Someone tell me when Jon is on, so I can fast forward to that. ;)

20. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    It's a good thing my dad is a Trek fan, and everyone in my family enjoys that film. That way I don't have to bug everyone to death to let me watch it. :D

21. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Cleveland: 8 Hours To Go
    Los Angeles: 11 Hours to go.

22. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    my DVR is tapeing it

How did you know I was taping it? :eek:

23. JediKnightPasJoDacle