main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watch Jon Be A Geek On National TV July 20th

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    w00t we get to see it first. Cleveland pwnz.

grrr.....enjoy it!

The Mullet-Coutdown "Clock"

Cleveland: 2 Hours To Go
    Los Angeles: 5 Hours to go.

2. GenerationX7

GenerationX7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2002
    How ironic. I stumbled onto this topic and it was already fourty minutes into the movie. I quickly changed the channel from the auxiliry channel that i turn to to play PS2. I was playing a Playstation game on my PS2 called Parasite Eve. So I'm now watching Star Trek 4 now. Even though I own the first six Star Trek movies on video and can watch them anytime.

3. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Even though I own the first six Star Trek movies on video and can watch them anytime.
    Yes, but your movies don't have me in them...

;)

4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Just watched it...good stuff! Lucky you, got to sit next to some hot chick (no not the big lady, lol). I thought it was funny how they'd sorta pick on you guys now and then "a boy and his Klingon" haha. I don't have a clue as to "I'll sick my 'targ' on you" meant though... And then when Walter Koenig came out, LOL that look on your face was great. Later on you guys were debating so much that the hosts said you all were taking over the show, hah! Good stuff though, more screen time for ya!

And surprisingly, I semi-enjoyed that particular movie, as much as an anti-Trekker that I am (or is that Trekkie? ) Kinda funny to see the Trek guys adapting to time travel and earth in the 80's (what a wrong decade to travel to...poor guys). Makes you wonder how Star Wars would be if there was a rip in time and they had to adapt to our culture...I'd love to see a movie like that.

They really need to have a show where Star Wars is played and the uber-geeky fans can talk about that. You think you guys took over the show then? Muahaha.

Anyway, way to go, dude!

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I don't have a clue as to "I'll sick my 'targ' on you" meant though

A targ is a Klingon dog...Klingon IS my second language you know (no, really, it is.)

I semi-enjoyed that particular movie, as much as an anti-Trekker that I am (or is that Trekkie? )

It's Trekkie, and yes, it's regarded as one of the best Trek movies EVER.

need to have a show where Star Wars is played and the uber-geeky fans can talk about that

Heck, I could do that too!

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I totally missed it because I was addicted to playing Spider-Man 2 for PS2. Although that may stop now that I've laid the smack down on Doc Ock.

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Eric, I don't belive YOU of all people missed this one! Call my parents and have them give you a copy.

8. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I got home from work an hour into the movie, but I caught from there to the end. My favourite comment was when the guy was like, "We don't have gravity wells yet!!" I laughed really hard. My dad also got a kick out of it.

If Klingon is your second language, have you read Hamlet in Klingon? I know they've published it. I saw it at Barnes & Noble when I was in eighth grade. One of my best friends and I were just poking around the Star Wars books, and turned around, and BEHOLD! A Klingon was dressed in Shakespearian getup on the cover of a book. They had the English and Klingon versions side by side. It was kinda scary. But really funny.

9. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    have you read Hamlet in Klingon?

HIHJAH'

taH pagh taHbe'. DaH mu'tlheghvam vIqelnIS.
    quv'a', yabDaq San vaQ cha, pu' je SIQDI'?
    pagh, Seng bIQ'a'Hey SuvmeH nuHmey SuqDI',
    'ej, Suvmo', rInmoHDI'? Hegh. Qong, Qong neH -
    'ej QongDI', tIq 'oy', wa'SanID Daw''e' je
    cho'nISbogh porghDaj rInmoHlaH net Har.

Read, AND memorized thankyouverymuch

10. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Can you actually recite all that from memory? That's crazy.

11. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Can you actually recite all that from memory? That's crazy.

Yep. It's not that amazing if you break it down...
    1.I'm an actor
    2. If you want to be a really good actor, Shakespeare, you must memorize (why did I say that like Yoda?)
    3. Once Shakespeare, you have learned...know it in English you do...
    4. If you already can speak Klingon, you can just translate it on the fly from Enligh to Klingon.

Say you speak Spanish, you can most likely reciete the Pleadge of Alligence in Spanish. Same with English & Klingon.

But the book has a deeper meaning once put in Klingon, once you reolize this, this is where you become a true geek.

And yes, I am crazy...wait...no I'm not...Yes you are! Who are you?...what?

12. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I'd say you're really weird, but I'm having a friend of mine back at school teach me elvish next year, so I'm really no one to talk.

13. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Well I finally got to watch it Jon. I must say that was funny. Gravity well and all! :D So um did you get De De's phone #?

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    So um did you get De De's phone #?
    [image=http://www.fmforums.com/threads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.