main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watch TCW on iTunes (US only) or the OS (US only) or on Cartoon Network.Com (int'l so far)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    READ ARTICLE HERE

Clone Wars Series Available On iTunes

Posted By Dustin on October 3, 2008

From iTunes to streaming video and exclusive, online content, STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS not only premieres tonight at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network, but also paves the way for the most extensive digital distribution effort in the history of Lucasfilm Ltd..

Beginning Saturday, Oct. 4, each week's new episode will be available at the iTunes Store (www.iTunes.com) for $1.99 an episode, or $39.99 for a season pass to all 22 episodes. Both Ambush and Rising Malevolence, which air tonight, will be available starting Saturday. This pattern will continue throughout the season, with each new episode available at the iTunes Store the day after its Cartoon Network premiere.

Additionally, a half-hour, behind-the-scenes special about the making of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS will be available on the iTunes store as a free download, beginning today.

At the official Star Wars site, www.starwars.com, STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS will be available for online, streamed viewing beginning Friday, Oct. 10. The episodes will also be seen at www.cartoonnetwork.com. Streaming episodes will be available exactly one week after airing on Cartoon Network. At any given time, two episodes will be available for free, online viewing.

And there's even more original, digital content for CLONE WARS viewers.

Starting with Rising Malevolence, the series' second episode, StarWars.com will offer a regular podcast one that combines news and information with the creativity of Lucasfilm. It will be available both at StarWars.com and at iTunes. At both locations, the podcast will be free for fans who want to learn more about the secrets of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS.

Moreover, StarWars.com will offer an exclusive, entirely new online graphic novel, with new insights into the CLONE WARS galaxy. Written by Star Wars expert Pablo Hidalgo, its weekly installments will feature four different artists, each of whom illustrates a new chapter. Each of the 23 chapters will serve as an introduction to that week's episode of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS.

Online comics:

ONLINE COMICS HERE

2. Ulic QelDroma

Ulic QelDroma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 1999
    As a resident in the UK, I can't tell you how pleased and impressed I am with this news!

With the TV, online streaming, iTunes download, free comic and podcast once again Star Wars is breaking into new ground.

Well done :)

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Great! In case some terrible tragedy draws me away from the TV friday nights, I'll have this to fall back on!

4. mykillmyers

mykillmyers Jedi Master star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    That's cool. I'll probably cherry pick episodes to keep on my ipod.

5. keyz

keyz Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2008
    Will this by coming to iTunes in Canada?

6. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    As a UK resident can I just say "Phew!"

7. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    that's what I'm hoping.

Wonder if Space/CTV's deal will affect iTunes Canada in any way.

8. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    As there aren't that many shows for download yet in Canada I'd actually count on it being on Itunes here. On the 5th? Maybe not. The show looks like it exists to be downloaded.

9. TheDarkPrince

TheDarkPrince Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    How does this work in terms of space?

Because I would consider getting the season pass but I don't want it to take up huge amounts of space on my PC

10. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I doubt it would be huge amounts of space. Isn't it going to be like maybe 200 megs per episode or so? That's not much space. Then again I shouldn't talk because I have about 10 terabytes of space available for storage, haha.

11. blow_up_the_outside

blow_up_the_outside Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    So im from the UK and it wont let me buy the episodes on iTunes, says i need to supply a payment method from the US.

12. The_Phenomenon7

The_Phenomenon7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2008
    I am going to love this.
    When I get my new Nano V3 I can start putting my favorate Plo Koon Episodes on it. :3

13. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Is the Itunes content actually available to UK residents? I opened up my Itunes but couldn't find it anywhere. I then went to the USA store but when I tried to get episode, I was told to get out the garden and returned to the UK store. What gives?

Please help.

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Guys, you can only access your iTunes Store from your country.

So UK fans will have to wait until it's on iTunes UK, Canadian fans will have to wait until it's on iTunes.ca, etc.

15. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Thanks for clearing that up Garth =D=

It's a real shame that non-US residents cannot see an of it yet, though. We can only hope that we'll get to see it soon and try not to bitter at being stitched up again...

Please, oh please give us CW on Itunes soon [face_praying]

16. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I might consider going to the iTunes store, but I have two questions. First, does anyone know if these episodes will be collated onto a DVD, like the Clone Wars Cartoon from several years ago were? If the answer is yes, then should I wait for the release of the DVD, or purchase and download the episodes from iTunes? About the only advantage the DVD would have over iTunes is that if my computer crashes or I need to get a new computer, I don't have to worry about losing the downloaded episodes.

17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I don't have any official info, but I don't see why they wouldn't put this series on DVD. The CW movie is coming out on DVD and Blu-ray in a month or two, so the series probably will be out sometime next year or something, if I had to guess. I just hope there's a Blu-ray version too, since it doesn't look like they're releasing the original movies in Blu-ray anytime soon. I've already bought the first episode, if for no other reason than to watch something while on the bus. Although the nice thing about buying episodes one by one is that one can skip episodes that one doesn't particularly like.

Not sure if you can just redownload stuff from Itunes though, maybe, as long as you keep your account info and authorize that particular computer to play your Itunes downloads and all that other legal stuff. Or you can just move the files manually beforehand, just that getting a program to play them might be more complicated (with the DRM and stuff). Though if you have an Ipod, you could just put the CW episodes on the Ipod, then later on take them off (Itunes doesn't allow you to take stuff off Ipods, but... there are ways). I had the first season of the older Clone Wars cartoon on an Ipod. Though speaking of that cartoon, whatever happened to that that cartoon? The DVDs seem to be out of print (or I can't find them anywhere at least) and even Itunes doesn't have them anymore.

18. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I can't confirm it but I remember reading somewhere we might see Season 1 being released in May.

19. Caledre

Caledre Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2006
    Excellent news. I just can't bring myself to want cable in my house. Too many excuses to waste time, too much odd content at odd hours to worry about my kids accidentally watching.

As to downloading them or waiting for the DVDs, I'd wait for the DVD's. Why pay for individual episodes when you can watch them for free online anyway? I don't have an iPod and never really got the point of them. I can wait for the DVD.

20. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'm not choosing -- I'll do both. I want them on iTunes now, so I can watch them immediately after airing whenever I want, which is fantastic, that way I don't have to wait forever for a DVD release. Then when it's out on DVD, hopefully Blu-ray, I'll buy the complete first season too. It's not like it's a lot of money or something, it was only $40 for the season pass. That's cheap.

21. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Ok, so I went to cartooncetwork.com, tried to watch a video and it says:

"THIS SITE IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR VIEWERS IN THE UNITED STATES"

WTblue]H[/color]!!!

I don't have Cartoon Network on my cable. RHAAA

TLJ Edit: That acronym is not allowed.

22. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    I'm not paying for this series, George. I hope it's good, i seriously do, but this is TV for a reason.

23. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Hmm? I always pay for TV, I never watch anything when it airs. Way too annoying. It's much better to buy TV series on DVD when they come out.

24. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    This'll be the first TV show I'll buy on DVD (mainly because the South Park releases here suck), but I still want to see it online shortly after their first airings. I hope the Official Site won't have US-only restrictions.

25. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Ridiculous!

This is the internet for crying out loud! Once again, international fans get screwed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.