main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watch TCW on iTunes (US only) or the OS (US only) or on Cartoon Network.Com (int'l so far)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    yeah, those first two still worked on CN for me just when I was there an hour ago

and it's not piracy, it's sharing of copies, like with cassetes and VHS tapes back in the day [face_mischief] Since when is recording TV shows and showing it to friends illegal? ;)
    I'd like to call it a grey area at the very least. But Bowen is right, when the possibilities are very limited, people will find other ones that might irk executives who are out of touch with reality. I suppose I could get satellite TV (dunno, would that even be enough?) but... if I did, that would hardly be to LFL's and/or the networks' credit.

It's the 21st century. Why does it feel like 70's TV? Not that I was alive back then, but I think it only just got color or something... And in Germany's case a decade away from privately owned channels. But it's a step backwards especially for LFL.

2. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Dang. The yahoo player just heats up my macbook too much to bother with such a small screen. Guess I'll have to watch the lame widescreen version on Sunday.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    CW premieres here in the UK on Oct 25 but it's on Sky Movies, not CN. Hopefully UK Itunes will have it after that.

4. Ulic QelDroma

Ulic QelDroma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 1999
    The Cartoon Network has posted episode 3 online - for USA only!

However, episode 1 and 2 are still available to those outside the US

5. Karachi_Kenja

Karachi_Kenja Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2006
    Cartoon Network must be for US and UK and Canada only.

I'm in Australia and I can only view 2 of the TV spots on CN... can't watch anything else but that, the first trailer and a couple of Jedi Temple Archives things.

Oh well, have to wait till Nov. 22 till I get my slice of CW cake... thats 7 weeks after the US for goodness sake.

6. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    1 and 2 still work here in Germany*. That makes it extra-weird if you can't play it in Australia. o_O

*unless it changed in the last hour

7. Karachi_Kenja

Dec 29, 2006
    You want to know what I can play in Australia? Next to nothing. Most of the stuff just says 'For viewers in the United States only', with the Cartoon Network logo.

Shame on Cartoon Network and the Official site. Way to detract fans from an otherwise great TV series.

Edit: From what previews and TV spots I've managed to scavenge from various 'hives of scum and villainy' that international fans can access, the series is looking fantastic and I can't wait to see the episode Destroy Malevolence.

Hang on... I can't even GET to the Cartoon Network site now, oh no...[face_worried]

8. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    usually it's the same here, so I found it surprising that it was this specific this time

9. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Okay, this is weird, it's working for me now.
    I can watch ep 1 + 2.now.
    Strange, this is.

10. Ulic QelDroma

Feb 10, 1999
    It seems we in the UK have access to the first two full episodes on the Cartoon Network site, but not to the data-clips for any of the three episodes or, to some of the TV spots.

11. Karachi_Kenja

Dec 29, 2006
    OK, all you fans out there in AUSTRALIA:

The Cartoon Network Site is now unavailable. You cannot access The Clone Wars page as it redirects you to the Cartoon Network International links. Basically its telling you to get out of US territory.

WHY CAN'T AUSTRALIAN FANS VIEW THE CW PAGE AND PEOPLE FROM UK AND EUROPE CAN?!?!?! GAH!!

Sorry folks, but CN is worse than Boba Fett in terms of making life fair for Australian Fans, that, or they have the collective brain size of a bantha's...

LIFE'S NOT FAIR~! :_| :_| :_|

So there's no other way to view The Clone Wars OTHER than the main site/CN?

Oh well... 39 days to go to The Clone Wars!! [How lame.]

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "No... there is another.";)

13. Karachi_Kenja

Dec 29, 2006
    Such as?

If it involves registering at some site and then downloading it, count me out.

Is it wait the 39 days till I get 'Ambush'? Well im doing that already!!

:_|

14. Ulic QelDroma

Feb 10, 1999
    Not just Australia now. Seems like Cartoon Network has fixed the error. Access to the Clone Wars is once again for USA ONLY! :(

15. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Not true. Ambush and Rising Malevolence are still available for me in Canada but anything beyond that is off limits.

Incidentally, I had to go on the site more than once to get Rising Malevolence.

16. Tordelback

Tordelback Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2008
    In 31 years of being an Irish SW fan, I have never pirated a copy of any LFL property, I have never bought a bootleg, I have never downloaded a movie - i have legitimately bought innumerable SW tickets, books, tapes, videos, CDs, DVDs, toys, comics, posters, kits, clothes, wallpaper, Happy Meals (!), bubble bath and even AotC sticking plasters. I travelled from Ireland to New York to see TPM on opening day, to avoid weeks of waiting for a delayed release. I am happy to support LFL and its licensees with my money, because they've given me so much pleasure over the decades.

But the Clone Wars situation has pushed me over the line. I want to give LFL and Cartoon Network my money for this excellent product, but they don't seem to want it yet. So I'll watch the episodes whatever way I can right now, and I'll buy them legitimately when I can. But in 2008 it shouldn't be like this. In today's world it's archaic and unnecessarily frustrating, and it actively encourages piracy. I hope they'll realise that soon, as they did with simultaneous international releases of AotC and RotS.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    >>>I want to give LFL and Cartoon Network my money for this excellent product, but they don't seem to want it yet.

Oh, the irony.

18. Ulic QelDroma

Feb 10, 1999
    Ok, so how is this going to work?

As it is the UK does not have access to the full episodes on StarWars.com.

On Oct25th the first episode will premier on Sky Movies - not a free package in the UK I might add. Does that mean we'll finally be able to access these full episodes on the site? Even if you do not have the Sky movie package? And if so ... which ones? Also, will they be availabe on UK iTunes?

Any answers?

19. Bobmani

Bobmani Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2008
    I would imagine that you would have to have paid a subscription to Sky's Movie packages just to download the episodes onto your computer via the 'Sky Player'. Although I believe with Sky Player, non-Sky subscribers may be able download Sky content via a pre-pay scheme. With this pre-pay scheme you can either rent (up to 30 days) or buy content off the Player. DRM encrypted obviously. It MAY be available via the Sky's download service, I don't know what Sky's pricing is for rentals or programmes to keep.

It all depends on what deal Sky struck with Lucasfilm.

20. Ulic QelDroma

Feb 10, 1999
  21. Yeexo

Yeexo Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    I'm really confused here - I've got Sky in UK but I can only view some of their movie channels, the first 2 episodes will be on Sky Premiere at 5:30pm and 6:00pm - I don't understand these movie channels as sometimes I can view them, other times it asks me for a PIN number so I have no idea if I will be able to watch this until Saturday, I don't want to have to pay extra to watch this [face_worried]

I was able to watch episodes 1 & 2 on Cartoon Network (US Site) last week now it won't load so as people said only US can watch now which sucks big time [face_shame_on_you]

22. Bobmani

Bobmani Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2008
    First off, I am making the assumption that you have the relevent movie subscription to recieve Sky Movies Premiere.

Sometimes on Sky Movies they will show 12 and 15 certicates movies during the day and as rule, those movies shown before 8pm will have PIN protection. Unlocking PIN protected movies on the regular Sky Movie channels WILL NOT cost you any extra. PIN protection is supposed to stop children watching 12 and 15 rated movies during the daytime. This is an automatic safety feature on all Sky Movies channels.

I would be extremely surprised if The Clone Wars are PIN protected.

If you are unsure of your PIN number, contact Sky and they should be able to help you.

23. Yeexo

Yeexo Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    Thanks for the help :) I should be able to watch this on Saturday!!!!!

24. Ulic QelDroma

Feb 10, 1999
    So, for those who don't have SKY ... any news on whether or not the series will be available for download on the UK iTunes site?

25. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I hope so. I'm really looking forward to carrying these around on my iPod touch. A little bit of Star Wars whenever I need it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.