main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watch TCW on iTunes (US only) or the OS (US only) or on Cartoon Network.Com (int'l so far)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobmani

Bobmani Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2008
    Even if your not a sky subscriber, you may me able to rent/play it on Sky Player.

2. DarthDiabolous

DarthDiabolous Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2006
    as many of you know, on friday and sunday night episode 4 destroy malevolance was on tv...

but the official site and cartoon networks site does not have that episode available to watch... does anybody know why?

i live in the US so i dont need that sky thing...

3. Bobmani

Bobmani Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2008
    As far as I'm aware that channel is part of a subscription based system like Sky Television, that being the case they probably want their's moneys worth before making it available for free.

4. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    Because it's one week after it airs.

5. DarthDiabolous

DarthDiabolous Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2006
    so I assume that they host it on the websites only a week after it first aired on friday? for example this friday destroy maleveloance will be available on the website?

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    My understanding is that the episodes are available for download on iTunes (US only) 24 hours after original broadcast, and are on the SW.com (US only) and CN.com (we're not sure) websites for viewing 1 week after original broadcast.

7. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    Well, when I wake up on a Saturday morning, the previous night's episode is already there, available for download, so it's certainly less than twenty-four hours after airing.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Oh now you're just being pedantic. ;)

9. Ashoka

Jul 20, 2008
    I believe so. Though since I'm not from the US, I cannot be certain.

10. AnakinSKYYYYYYYY

AnakinSKYYYYYYYY Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2008
    This whole thing seems stupid, and I am pretty annoyed as a UK Star Wars fan, it seems Lucasfilm don't want my money and wish me to watch via illegal sites!

Is the UK Itunes store going to get the Clone Wars, anyone know whats happening?

11. Ashoka

Jul 20, 2008
    It's actually CN that doesn't want the money.

I've mailed CN about it. They have done this in the respective countries because the local providers (Sky, TNT, CN and so on) did not want people to have viewed it before viewing it online before it premieres on their country to boost ratings.

That's also logical, and remember, if you're not in the US and don't support the show by watching it - they won't be buying the future season :eek:.

I guess it's a win or lose situation right now...

12. AnakinSKYYYYYYYY

Oct 31, 2008
    I can understand this, but does this mean now for example that the show has been screened (first episode) in the UK, that Itunes will start showing it?

13. Biddybot

Biddybot Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    You folks in CW-less countries looking for legit copies of the episodes on line...are you able to access the videos at the Canadian CTV site? Or does it just pop up one of those 'only available in...' disclaimers?

I had a look at the last Malevolence episode there earlier today and all worked fine, although you did have to snooze through some public service type ads before each of the three 'acts' ran. Might be an option...

Here's the CTV homepage for CW:
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/show/CTVShows/20080602/home-starwars-clonewars/20081027

14. AnakinSKYYYYYYYY

Oct 31, 2008

thanks Biddybot, but unfortunatley it says 'This video does not play in your region'

I think this is so unfair!

Can't believe Lucasfilm are doing this to the international fans. Sorry if i sound melodramatic, but they could at least put it on itunes now episode 1 has broadcast in the UK!

15. AnakinSKYYYYYYYY

Oct 31, 2008
    Just some news.

I sent a msg to itunes store asking whether Clone Wars would be shown on itunes outside the US.

This was the msg i got

I understand you would like to know when the Star Wars Clone Wars will be available in the United Kingdom. I know how disappointing that must be and I will be happy to assist you today.

Thank you for your inquiry. I'm sorry, however I can't comment on rumors about decisions, products, programs, or promotions that Apple has not officially announced.

By withholding comment, Apple hopes to protect customers from making decisions based on information that is incomplete, inaccurate, or subject to change before the formal announcement. Apple believes this is the best way to ensure that all customers are treated fairly.

Apple constantly works with its content providers to expand the iTunes Store's catalog. If you would like to request a particular item for distribution in your country, please use the Request page:

so not exactly a No, but not a yes either....

Oh well, youtube it is for now :-(

16. Ulic QelDroma

Ulic QelDroma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 1999
    This situation is rubbish! I live in the UK, I don't subscribe to SKY. How am I supposed to watch this if they don't make it available to buy on iTunes after it has had its premier? The only option ... Y??T???

It winds me up that the official SW site will happily let me read a blow-by-blow review of each episode (without spoiler warnings!) and, let me watch the behind the scenes stuff, but not the ACTUAL episode. Grrr! Why is this facility only available to the US. We should at least have access to the first two episodes on the official site now.

Also, it just doesn't make sense to only have it available on the US iTunes and not on the UK site now that it has had it's SKY premier.

17. Ashoka

Jul 20, 2008
    The only explanation for that is that Sky has not given the rights to iTunes to sell it - Yet.

18. AnakinSKYYYYYYYY

Oct 31, 2008

well all I can say is my msg from apple, wasn't an out right no. So fingers crossed.

All I can say is i have very little respect for Lucasfilm

19. Ashoka

Jul 20, 2008
    As pissed as I am, I'm not going to blame them because it's really out of their control. They've sold the rights for country "x" to provider"x" so they can do anything they want. LFL can only ADVISE.

I know that some providers prefer to sell it after the season is over, or after the dvd is out. But hey, each provider likes things differently - I'd just let them be.

20. AnakinSKYYYYYYYY

Oct 31, 2008
    Fair enough, but they can't blame people using illegal means to watch it then.

I wish I had your patience lol ;-)

21. Ulic QelDroma

Feb 10, 1999
    Just a thought ... does anyone know if I'll be able to download the CW episodes to my UK iPod touch from the US iTunes site, when I'm in the US next week? That would keep me happy for a while at least :)

22. AnakinSKYYYYYYYY

Oct 31, 2008
    No i'm afraid.

The Itunes store works on the basis of your billing address so even though you are in the US, your billing address is still UK.

It's ridiculus I know!

23. Ulic QelDroma

Feb 10, 1999
  24. AnakinSKYYYYYYYY

Oct 31, 2008
    any news guys??

25. Ulic QelDroma

Feb 10, 1999
    Still haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else got some info on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.